Topic Stats

• 40 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Aquapin
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hi guys! Just want to get some collaborative ideas on what sounds/callouts/music clips would improve the Jurassic park experience while playing. Hopefully Cleland or another member of the community can put something together similar to what we heard on guardians.

My 2 cents...
Plunge- “welcome to Jurassic Park”

During raptor multi- “shoot her!!”

Raptor locked- “clever girl”

Ball drain- “Dotson... weve got Dotson over here!!... nobody cares.”

Game over w low score- “that is one big pile of shit”

Tilt- “Dennis… Our lives are in your hands, and you have Butterfingers?”

Collect dna- “dino dna!” From cartoon dna character.

Starting control center or chaos multiball “hold on to your butts”

Extra ball- “life...uh... finds a way”

Before trex multi- “T-Rex doesn’t want to be fed, he wants to hunt.”

During trex multi- “must go faster”

2x playfield- “spared no expense”

Raptor paddock- “you bred Raptors?”

Start of wizard mode- “Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.”

#2 4 years ago

Bump it

#3 4 years ago

I might do my own if none of the amazing experts like cleland etc end up doing one. Those guys are awesome.

#4 4 years ago

Wish vid clips could be implemented

#5 4 years ago

Any1 know Cleland?

#6 4 years ago

How about pinball mix? I'm interested in a JP but agree that additional callouts from the movie would be awesome

#7 4 years ago

Can he add callouts to switch hits? Thought he just did new songs...

#8 4 years ago

This is the first thing I'll be doing. I very much liked the gameplay on a pro model I played last week, but the callouts are wildly insufficient.

Now that the code is available, I'm going to take a look at it. I had planned on getting a bluray copy of the movie with 7 channel sound so I can isolate the vocals. I'm wondering who else is working on this.

#9 4 years ago

A collabo would def help things along!
Thx!

#10 4 years ago

Also...

Ah, ah ah... From the computer virus
Theres a line about messing with nature that could work.
End credit music at game end
Misc dinosaur roars.
And I wouldn't mind going outside the movie for game specific clips from the original actors. If Jeff Goldblum had ever said "nice shot" I would use it!

#11 4 years ago

For those of us new to this how much is involved? Pretty straight forward? We simply share a file and reprogram something?

#12 4 years ago

This is gonna be awesome!

#13 4 years ago

Well, I can get the ball rolling with compiling the quotes and music. I just ordered the DVD from Amazon and will rip the center channel and start editing and labeling. I'm guessing it's not worth looking at JP2 or 3? I don't remember those ones very much.

#14 4 years ago

Agreed

#15 4 years ago

You guys are making me want a JP!

#16 4 years ago

Actually, JP2 and 3 might be good. Some of the actors are the same. Download the screeplay and just to a word search. It's much easier to find good quotes that way.

#17 4 years ago

Will be checking this thread and helping where possible as this will literally fix the biggest issue with this game right now. Can't wait to update my JP when I get it

#18 4 years ago

Following........

#19 4 years ago

Cleland is on it!
My man!!

#20 4 years ago

Oh man cleland is gonna cool up some audio magic!

#21 4 years ago

In Cleland we trust.

#22 4 years ago

Indeed

#23 4 years ago

The greatest irony is the "we spared no expense" callout recorded in a faked voice.

#24 4 years ago

So true... had the same thought last night while playing

1 week later
#25 4 years ago

Are there any utilities to parse the main video clips?

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Cleland is on it!
My man!!

Totally agree, he’s the best! Alternative tracks from now on should be known as Cleland’s, just like how protectors are Cliffy’s

1 month later
#28 4 years ago

Did this fizzle out? About to order a LE or Prem, lol.

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Did this fizzle out? About to order a LE or Prem, lol.

Having put a couple of hundred games on it, I can say that I am significantly more happy with the existing sounds than I thought I'd be. Even the visuals are better than I thought they'd be considering they didn't use actual movie footage. I completely get what they were trying to do.

I was very used to movie-skinned themes in pinball machines. Almost sound-board style audio clips that loosely related to the action on the playfield. Add some movie clips, slap on some movie based plastics and call it a theme.

But JP is like the video game version of the movie. They faithfully reproduced nearly all of my favorite scenes in CG... (creating what is probably the best CG in a pinball machine that I've ever seen). Added a lot of variety and custom sounds, and added very purposeful gameplay. This all allowed them to build on the movie and integrate the scenes and audio with the game in a way that simple movie and sound clips couldn't do.

And the audio... There is so much more variety in the sound clips because they were impersonated. Sure, adding a few good Jeff Goldblum quotes in the rotation would be great, but if they only relied on the movie, those quotes would tire quickly. And because the gameplay builds on the movie, direct quotes wouldn't be specific enough. The impersonated voices directly relate to the mission at hand.

I'm still enjoying playing it, and I'm going to wait until the code advances a bit further. But at this point, I'm leaning toward only a handful of additions, but nothing as major as I originally thought.

#30 4 years ago

Majority of sound clips are garbage in this game. I will work on it and hopefully have some options for people when I get my prem

#31 4 years ago

Personally I think the direct quotes from the movies need to be the real actors at a minimum, I think there’s a loosely phrased hold on to your butts, for example.

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from C_Presley:

Personally I think the direct quotes from the movies need to be the real actors at a minimum, I think there’s a loosely phrased hold on to your butts, for example.

My concern is switching between the impersonated voices and the real ones. I'm not sure how that would play out.

#33 4 years ago

Ill call goldblum for some custom callouts.. he owes me one.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Ill call goldblum for some custom callouts.. he owes me one.

Is he on Cameo?

#36 4 years ago

Only if he can bare his chest in an unbuttoned black shirt.

6 months later
#37 3 years ago

I'm interested in this as well. From what I read on the GOTG thread the music and callouts really made a difference.. would love to see this for JP since adding dialogue from the movie would be a vast improvement over the bad voice acting that's currently there.

1 month later
#38 3 years ago

Following

#39 3 years ago

Anything ever come of this?

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Anything ever come of this?

Current code has blocked pinbrowser so nothing is being done at the moment.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
€ 70.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
€ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
JURASSIC PARK PRO Pre-order!
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
6,150 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-mod-ideas-for-jp2?hl=davijc02 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.