(Topic ID: 181444)

Sound is just normal, can it get any louder?

By Darren_Sisco

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4162 (resized).JPG
IMG_4157 (resized).JPG
#1 7 years ago

I have the sound working on my restoration project "Spy Hunter". I have both the turn pot on the Cheap Squeak board and the one in the coin door set to max. The sound is just normal audible levels. I would expect at this level I should be getting a hissing sound from overdriving but not here. Is this normal for the mid 80s and is there a way to get it louder? I'm used to playing an EM that's loud and this seems tame in comparison. Thanks, Darren

#2 7 years ago

Did you replace the original pot on the sound board? Once I did that on my HB, it solved my sound issues.

IMG_4157 (resized).JPGIMG_4157 (resized).JPG

IMG_4162 (resized).JPGIMG_4162 (resized).JPG

#3 7 years ago

Its still stock, I'll replace that ASAP.

#4 7 years ago

If your going to order parts and do minor board work, you may as well order replacement capacitors!
Just a suggestion, an ounce of prevention!

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Did you replace the original pot on the sound board? Once I did that on my HB, it solved my sound issues.

Advice was dead on. Now if its over amped I'm hearing it, as expected. I was able to tune both the coin door volume and this new pot to find the sweet spot. I bet my wife can hear it upstairs now. Thanks!

#6 7 years ago

Glad to hear that, nice when it is something simple!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
875 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Clovis, CA
Machine - For Sale
Potterville, MI
$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 199.95
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-is-just-normal-can-it-get-any-louder and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.