• Latest reply 2 years ago by Meghatron
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200822_183459 (resized).jpg

#1 3 years ago

my uncle bought the brand new hot wheels pinball. great game but when the game is sitting idle, the buzzing noise that comes thru the speakers is annoying! what causes this? non-shielded speakers? crappy wiring?

#2 3 years ago
20200822_183459 (resized).jpg20200822_183459 (resized).jpg
#3 3 years ago
#4 3 years ago

Hi @Anduper...

Certainly not normal behavior, so something is slightly wrong. American Pinball Support will be happy to help you/your uncle get this resolved. I'd suggest filing a service request ticket at <https://www.american-pinball.com/support/service/>, and our team will help y'all fix the problem.

5 months later
#5 3 years ago

Just sold a Hot Wheels with a similar problem, can you tell me if it was ever resolved? And what the fix was?

2 weeks later
#6 3 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Just sold a Hot Wheels with a similar problem, can you tell me if it was ever resolved? And what the fix was?

I just got one yesterday with the same issue, will file a support request once my serial is confirmed

Hopefully it a quick fix that we can post publicly!

LOOOOVE the pin though.

#7 3 years ago

I’ve had mine for months. Never had a sound issue. Maybe check the noise filter coming from the amp.

#8 3 years ago

I got a response from American pretty quickly. I checked all the cables and turned down the Treble and that worked

#9 3 years ago

I have the same problem with mine bought NIB, I will try to adjust the tremble see if that works.

3 weeks later
#10 2 years ago

I had the same problem with my NIB as well. I also noticed that I could barely hear some of the characters though others were a good volume.
As a first time pinball owner it took me a bit to figure out. You should have a second set of keys. Use those to open the top part. The keyhole is above the screen and under the speakers. Once unlocked, the glass in front of the screen can slide up a bit and then come out towards you. I unplugged the noise filter audio jack, cleaned the ends off, and plugged them back in. Then I turned the machine back on and adjusted the treble dial until the static was better. This shows you what the noise filter looks like: http://s4.american-pinball.com/img/support/2021-1/Hot-Wheels--audio-connection-and-settings.pdf

Edit to add: This seems to only temporarily fix the issue. Mid game the static is coming back and the volume is dropping.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
5,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Munroe Falls, OH
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Life's Add-Ons
Toppers

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sound-feedback-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.