(Topic ID: 6967)

SOT: Fortune Teller Machine worth big bucks...

By super8man

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-gypsy-fortuneteller-20111022,0,311682.story

I think I would sell. The liability of something bad happening (theft) is too great...to me at least.

#2 12 years ago

reminds me of the 'fortune teller' from the movie 'big'. i remember doing some research on that, i forget the teller name (its the name of the actual machine as well if i remember). only a couple hundred of the 'real' tellers were made, kind of made me think of that machine. interesting people were offering (millions?) for this teller? wow

#3 12 years ago
    Quoted from super8man:

I think I would sell. The liability of something bad happening (theft) is too great...to me at least.

+1 especially now that its out there in the news, more and more know about it now. Its still pretty cool, and yes, me too ballsofsteel, reminds me of 'Big', loved that movie. Wouldn't mind having a job testing out toys and game all day long.

#4 12 years ago

Three million bucks ?!? And people think pinheads are crazy for dropping 10 grand on an MM.

#5 12 years ago

LMAO Gweem.... I've always thought it would be cool to have one in an entry way of a home. My home barely has an entry way though. LOL

#6 12 years ago

That is crazy money for that. One day when the people that have fond memories are gone, that price will drop out of those. I think the same thing is going to happen to Pball one day. My opinion.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sot-fortune-teller-machine-worth-big-bucks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.