By pinballplusMN

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1 post
  • 1 Pinsider participating
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 8 years ago

I just had a call Galaga Reunion game. The game would trip the house circuit breaker when powered up. Took a while to diagnose but was traced down to the fluorescent fixture in the game. When power was applied as the lamp tried to light via the starter the AF circuit breaker would trip. Was on another service call and the AF breaker would trip when the games were powered up. Just figured Id pass along as it seems Stern pinballs as well use the preheat starter/lamp configuration and could pose an issue.
    I feel these Arc fault breakers are a PIA. I would guess more people will be harmed by tripping in the dark than the fires they are meant to prevent.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sot-arc-fault-circuit-breakers-and-preheat-fluorescent-lamps and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.