Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 12 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by thewool
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

Am I reading correctly that you have removed everything, including the LED OCD? If not, I would definitely suggest that first.

Disconnecting all the lamps and using the "testing with a jumper and bulb" section of that pinballrehab page is a good way to narrow it down between a board or wiring problem. Even better than a jumper is this test board:
http://www.siegecraft.us/presta/index.php?id_product=11&controller=product&id_lang=1

Often when installing LEDs, you can bump a socket and create a short. Occasionally, you can also get an LED bulb that has a short internally. That has bitten me twice now.

#8 6 years ago

It sounds like you have a couple of things going on.

First, I believe you do have a problem with the game wiring that is related to the start button. Disconnecting it should not affect the other lamps. Since it does, that leans toward some sort of problem. I would remove the LED OCD for now. It is an added layer of confusion when trying to troubleshoot problems. Without the LED OCD, you said it works fine with the start button disconnected. If you connect it, it causes problems? If so, I'd solve that first.

Second, it sounds like one or more transistors on the LED OCD have been killed. If manual test is causing double lights, you can be nearly certain that the "extra" light has a transistor that has failed short. Say you turn on lamp 13 and lamp 83 turns on with it. That almost certainly means that the column 8 transistor is failed short. I say almost because you still can't really trust your game wiring. That's where the test board comes in. You can trust it, and it displays things in an easy to understand pattern.

Once you figure out which transistors are dead, you have to have someone who can do surface mount rework to replace them. They are inexpensive parts, but they are very small.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from thewool:

I live in the UK but maybe it's possible to return it to be repaired.

I would have to think that finding someone in the UK to do it would be much cheaper than shipping it overseas twice. The following part are what are installed by the factory, but nearly any MOSFETs with similar specs would work.

Columns, Q1-Q8, Vishay SI2319CDS-T1-GE3
Rows Q9-Q16, Infineon IRLML6344

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.99
Playfields
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 39.99
Rubber/Silicone
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

4,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, OH
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
$ 21.95
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sos-t2-lamp-matrix-issue?tu=herg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.