Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

227a00812146e698f1bf0bfd95ecfc4706af4b69 (resized).jpeg
    Website-Header (resized).jpg
    CeESJVeXIAAsplI (resized).jpg
    Conspiracy-theorist-wearing-tinfoil-hat-stares-at-his-computer-Shutterstock-800x430 (resized).png
    u0n9rzS.jpg
    IMG_0579 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0384 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0430 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9116 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9115 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9118 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9114 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9112 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9111 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9110 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9109 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 7 years ago

Some of the people on this forum just amaze me I tell ya. I have never been on a forum where there are so many rude and arrogant people. There are lots of great people here also and you know who you are but man some of you people on here just suck. I thought the HD forums were full of arrogant azz holes, that place is nothing compared to here. I didn't expect this on a pinball forum even a little bit. Nobody here believes in working for what you get more than I do I guarantee it. I work my ass off for the things that I have and I hate people looking for a handout also but this guy here though is in an emergency situation and freaking out because his pinball machines that he loves more than anything is about to get ruined and he needs some F'ing help fast! If he was asking for money for something that was a non emergency then I'd probably tell him to go get a job myself.

It's easy to say he should do this or he should do that or he should have done some things different etc but I'd guess everybody on this forum has made some not so wise decisions in their life at one time or another. You can choose to help him or not, that's your business. You can also have whatever opinion that you want, but sometimes it's just best to STFU and not say nothing. Anyone who don't like this post can downvote me all they want, I don't really give a F!

#110 7 years ago
    Quoted from SunKing:

Look Otaku, I don't have anything against you. I think it's great that someone of your age is into pinball, and you're obviously smarter than your piers if you can bring these old games back to life. I usually don't get in the middle of pinside drama, but I'm drinking tonight - so that's that. Anyway, at first, I only responded to Ted's comment that 'it never hurts to ask' - because that phrase is mostly true - except if you're asking for other people's $$.
    Try to see it from an old guys perspective. You've got this kid (ok, young adult) living with his parents in an apartment, who uses his grandparents basement to house his substantial pinball collection. BTW, that house may be in need of repairs. Do you pay rent? ....help them out in any way? Well sure enough, it floods, and your primary concern is your hobby - your precious machines you've spent so many hours inside. Asking your mom to help move machines? ...did I read that? How 'bout you step up and help your parents/grandparents with their problems before worrying about your pinball machines.

An EMERGENCY? We are talking about pinball machines here, right?

Yeah I said emergency. If my basement is flooding and getting ready to wipe out my collection, that is a situation that requires an immediate response....therefore making it an emergency situation. Emergencies don't have to be a life or death situation. You said "I normally wouldn't have even got in the middle of this but .....I've been drinking tonight"

I guess that explains why your being such a Dick. Sounds like maybe you had a little too much to drink there Otis?

Also this kids personal life is none of your business whatsoever. It doesn't matter if he has a job, it doesn't matter if he lives at home and pays rent, none of that is your concern.

#116 7 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Wow who-dey if you care so much I hope you make a huge donation and end otaku worries.
    I honestly don't know why anyone cares about your personal situation, but the grown up thing to do is "sell" a machine and cover your unexpected expenses, especially if they will sell it back to you. I know if I was closer I would do that deal in a heartbeat just so I could try a game out for a couple weeks and you would have some cash.

Don't worry about whether I donate or not or how much it is. That's absolutely none of your business. This isn't even about whether or not he gets any help or not, its about the people like yourself that make pinside suck because of the attitudes like yours on here. Stop chasing me around these forums like a little girl. You're annoying as hell, kinda like a dog peter gnat actually.

#120 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Sincerely wanted to help you out today yesterday Otaku, but I was booked solid with work, and had my appointment with my tax guy thereafter. And after I found out how much I owe I think I should ask for donations. I kid.
    I've delt with floods. No fun, and no time to be bashful about asking for help. We get it, you love your pins, we love our pins, and we're not likely to sacrifice them easily. Those that were quick to judge you are on my "I'll remember you asshole" list.
    I might be available to help out moving tonight after work or over the weekend. I'll shoot you a PM.
    Regards,
    Brian

Yeah and you can put Tacshose (Mr. I want to screw my fellow pinheads for 10k for my NIB Ghostbusters LE) on the top of that list because he's the biggest Douche on Pinside! He's worried about this kid scamming people out of a few dollars and he pulled that stunt there. Hypocrite much there Tacshose?

#241 7 years ago
    Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Well I'll politely decline monitory compensation. Nobody ever handed me money to fund a hobby.
    I'll always listen to a person wanting a hand up, not a handout .
    I donate my goods, services, and money to Cancer Research ( I'm a 2 time survivor) , Local Shelters, Food for the Poor, Fidelco & Goodwill.

Congrats on being a cancer survivor and being a generous person! I didn't find it offensive that he put his pay pal info up in case someone wanted to donate and help in this particular situation. If you someone don't want to give then just don't give, pretty simple really. I just figured the kids basement is flooded really bad putting his games in danger with more water coming and he's freaking out a bit......just like I would be also.

The older I get, the more generous I become. That doesn't mean I let people take advantage of my generosity though because I'm no dummy and I won't allow that to happen. I've had a good life and I try and give back here and there when funds allow me too, giving to help animals is my biggest thing because I love animals so much.

I've just become less stingy as I get older and I'm glad. I definitely believe in working for the things that you get and I hate lazy asses and bottom feeders. Giving to cancer related things makes me feel good since I lost my Mom to cancer, giving to animals makes me feel great, sick children, a family in need ,whatever. Hell sometimes it feels good to even buy someone a pizza that is less fortunate than I am even if is their own fault that they are that way. I'm just kind of shocked at some people's reactions here but it's all good. I'm probably a bigger hard ass than 90% of the people on this forum when it comes to stuff like this but for whatever reason I just didn't find the OP's post offensive at all. I don't think he really expected people to give, I think he just threw the option out there to fellow pinheads. I just try to help people when i can, it's my nature.

#248 7 years ago
    Quoted from Philk:

Otaku, I think I have the same dehumidifier. I believe you can hook a hose up to this so you don't need to empty manually, might be useful. Wish I was a bit closer so that I could get out there to help out, just won't be possible this weekend unfortunately.
    +3 on the shit some of you guys are assholes. If you have nothing better to do than piss in this guy's cornflakes, why not instead go back to debating LEDs or Stern releases...or playing pinball

This is kinda how I feel about it too, thats why in a previous post that I said sometimes is better to just stfu and take the high road. At least people now know who some of the azzholes on here are though, because there were a few that really exposed themselves. I can understand that some people may feel he shouldn't have put up his pay pal for donation purposes, but the way some of these people jumped on him and just kept bashing his head in really shows how big of ungrateful azzholes that they really are.

We are all going to go through tough times eventually and need to ask someone for help, it doesnt matter who you are, how rich you are, or whatever. These same people may need help one day from a friend, a fellow pinhead, God, or whoever, and they may end up getting a life lesson themselves. Karma is a MF'R sometimes.

#257 7 years ago
    Quoted from Spencer:

Frankly, I don't think anyone cares what you think of us and your argument makes less sense every time you post. Further, your constant references to foul language make you look like a redneck.
    Not that I'm surprised but you still haven't answered my question...
    Why do you send someone money when they refuse to help themselves??

Nah not a redneck at all, I'm a pretty nice guy actually until someone gets on my bad side and then that can change fast. As far as the answer to your question goes, I don't owe you or anybody else any explanation on what i do with my money. You are nothing to me and you're not even worth responding to, and besides that you don't know if I gave him money or not and you never will. Its none of your business whatsoever.

#270 7 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

+1 above
    Really? And on top of that you're bashing Robin and Xerico now? It is amazing to me that the people that keep bashing this thread and the kid are still relentlessly posting in it. You're points have all been well-documented and considered. The redundancy of you making your arguments is becoming both arduous and irritating to read through. Your opinions are your opinions, and you've made them. This, again, is the reason that I recently took a brief hiatus from Pinside. If you don't agree with what the OP posted, or what many of us positive and generous Pinsiders are doing, just leave and don't come back. There are plenty of other threads for you to go troll.

Well said Colsond. This forum is just a drag to even come to anymore because of some of the people here. I figured this being a pinball forum that 99.9% of the people on here would be good people but I was bad wrong. I honestly can't understand it, never would have dreamed there were so many jerks in the hobby. Oh well.....

#323 7 years ago
    Quoted from badbilly27:

I agree with you, but prefer to look at the positives in the forum. Look at the individuals stepping up with advice, words of encouragement and a small donation to help a fellow member out. That's the community and what the forum is all about.
    Good luck through these tough moments OP. We've all had to go through similar bumps in the road. It's how you preserve and bounce back from the setbacks that makes this all worth while.

Yes you are correc for sure. There are definitely more good people here than bad but the bad ones really make it bad. There is still a ton of cool people though and a lot of good information here. Just gotta try to ignore the douche bags I guess.

#326 7 years ago
    Quoted from 2Kaulitz:

That's sucks dude but hang in there it well get better. Good to see that were getting some young blood in the hobby. Sucks some on here all ways got to go negative. Anyway if your going to pinfest hope to see yah there.

Especially some young blood that works on EM's! He may be the only guy left in the world that knows how to work on them 20-30 years from now!

#328 7 years ago

I was surprised by his love for EM's at his age but that is awesome I think, and to be only 18 years old he has one hell of a nice collection . Even if he were to stop collecting right now he would still have a nicer collection of games that most people could ever hope for. Pretty impressive if you ask me!

#330 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Thanks everybody. Not feeling too great today so finally just got out of bed but wanted to update so nobody else thinks I fell down the stairs. Going to text my friend in about an hour if I perk up a bit as he only had free time tonight so we'll see how that goes.
    Yes, the Escalera has done wonders for me. I think I got 6 games upstairs by myself yesterday. The heads, which are usually folded down on games starting in the mid-80's, have to be fully removed on these older games as seperate pieces which were a little shorter than the Escalera strap so I'm going to wait for my friend to show up to use the old fashioned bandtruck to get them up so I have somebody to support them from the bottom.

We thought maybe you fell down the stairs and were buried under a bunch of EM's!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sos-in-nj-help-needed-after-flood?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.