Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

227a00812146e698f1bf0bfd95ecfc4706af4b69 (resized).jpeg
    Website-Header (resized).jpg
    CeESJVeXIAAsplI (resized).jpg
    Conspiracy-theorist-wearing-tinfoil-hat-stares-at-his-computer-Shutterstock-800x430 (resized).png
    u0n9rzS.jpg
    IMG_0579 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0384 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0430 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9116 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9115 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9118 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9114 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9112 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9111 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9110 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9109 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#62 7 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

..and "No harm in asking."

For money? That's called begging. Yeah I'm old, but it's something that was frowned upon ...was...

EDIT: I'm all for helping a fellow pinhead, and I do hope everything turn out OK, but sorry ...I just feel the way I do.

#98 7 years ago

Yeah, I guess I'm gonna be the Pinside Dick of the Day....

Quoted from Otaku:

My home with my parents back in PA is an apartment, my grandma's home where I spent about 40% of the time out here in NJ has a big basement

Quoted from Otaku:

Half of the basement's floor filled with water

Quoted from Otaku:

I am asking for help. I do not like being a charity chase but I do not have much else to do right now both in regards to money and manpower.

Quoted from Otaku:

If you would like to help contribute to the sump pump fund (my bank is nearly at 0, I didn't realize how expensive dehumidifiers were) my PayPal is [email protected] although I am ashamed to even offer it as an option. I hope it is not asking too much.

Quoted from Otaku:

At this point I can probably convince my family whatever is needed is needed for the sake of maintaining the home as well (considering the expensive heating system is surrounded by water) so hopefully due to the majorness of the situation it won't land on my plate after all.

Quoted from Otaku:

Also, right now I hope to not sell any games, and especially right now as I don't have the time for that. I am not trying to be stingy but after spending many hours inside of each of them I get really attached.

#108 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Whatever you say man...

Look Otaku, I don't have anything against you. I think it's great that someone of your age is into pinball, and you're obviously smarter than your piers if you can bring these old games back to life. I usually don't get in the middle of pinside drama, but I'm drinking tonight - so that's that. Anyway, at first, I only responded to Ted's comment that 'it never hurts to ask' - because that phrase is mostly true - except if you're asking for other people's $$.

Try to see it from an old guys perspective. You've got this kid (ok, young adult) living with his parents in an apartment, who uses his grandparents basement to house his substantial pinball collection. BTW, that house may be in need of repairs. Do you pay rent? ....help them out in any way? Well sure enough, it floods, and your primary concern is your hobby - your precious machines you've spent so many hours inside. Asking your mom to help move machines? ...did I read that? How 'bout you step up and help your parents/grandparents with their problems before worrying about your pinball machines.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Some of the people on this forum just amaze me I tell ya. I have never been on a forum where there are so many rude and arrogant people. There are lots of great people here also and you know who you are but man some of you people on here just suck. I thought the HD forums were full of arrogant azz holes, that place is nothing compared to here. I didn't expect this on a pinball forum even a little bit. Nobody here believes in working for what you get more than I do I guarantee it. I work my ass off for the things that I have and I hate people looking for a handout also but this guy here though is in an emergency situation and freaking out because his pinball machines that he loves more than anything is about to get ruined and he needs some F'ing help fast! If he was asking for money for something that was a non emergency then I'd probably tell him to go get a job myself.

An EMERGENCY? We are talking about pinball machines here, right?

#136 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

You said "I normally wouldn't have even got in the middle of this but .....I've been drinking tonight"
    I guess that explains why your being such a Dick. Sounds like maybe you had a little too much to drink there Otis?

You're right, I did have a little too much to drink last night. Now that I've sobered up and given it some more thought..... I still feel the same. Oh, and thanks for the personal attack there 'Dick'.

Quoted from too-many-pins:

He didn't ask anyone to pay to repair the house from what I was reading?

Quoted from Otaku:

If you would like to help contribute to the sump pump fund (my bank is nearly at 0, I didn't realize how expensive dehumidifiers were) my PayPal is [email protected]

#144 7 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

he is not asking for anyone to fix his families basement - he is just asking for some help getting machines out of harms way.

Really?

Quoted from Otaku:

If you would like to help contribute to the sump pump fund (my bank is nearly at 0, I didn't realize how expensive dehumidifiers were) my PayPal is [email protected]

#213 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Due to medical reasons I can't hold a job right now so I decided to extend my hobby into a job and work on my own time when I'm feeling good to make a living.

I'm sorry to hear about your medical conditions that prevent you from obtaining gainful employment. But I congratulate you on your speedy recovery, seeing as how you and your mom moved 7 pins today. Also very happy to hear you've made your hobby a full time job now. Maybe soon you'll be able to get your own place.

#219 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

I'm staying positive on this thread but excuse you. You come in here acting like you know my life...... you're coming off like a prick.

I only know what you've posted. YOU started this thread asking for help, and honestly I would have been totally sympathetic to your cause HAD YOU NOT ASKED FOR MONEY.

I get it, it's a generation thing. In today's kickstarter/gofundme world, there is no shame in begging for $$ today. Sorry, but I think it's sad.

In one breath you say "I'm too sick to work" and in another it's "I got a job - how do you think I got all these pins?" ....jeez...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sunking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sos-in-nj-help-needed-after-flood?tu=sunking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.