Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

227a00812146e698f1bf0bfd95ecfc4706af4b69 (resized).jpeg
    Website-Header (resized).jpg
    CeESJVeXIAAsplI (resized).jpg
    Conspiracy-theorist-wearing-tinfoil-hat-stares-at-his-computer-Shutterstock-800x430 (resized).png
    u0n9rzS.jpg
    IMG_0579 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0384 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0430 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9116 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9115 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9118 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9114 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9112 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9111 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9110 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9109 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 7 years ago

Sorry to hear - everyone dreads this kind of thing.

Simple advice.

Sell some games to raise funds. Sometimes less is more and a good anti-dote to the addiction/obsession of pinball collecting

And hopefully people local to you can help out with sorting out the underlying issues. The biggest issue we all have with pinball collecting is space and the 'right' space as well.

#173 7 years ago

I do think this thread shows the incredible generosity of pinsiders willing to help. Great stuff. It is very nice that people are willing to go and help.

As for donations - also have reservations. Say for example he doesn't want to sell because emotionally it is just too hard, and he is fighting the addictive urges that we have while collecting. Are we then colluding with an addiction?

Just a different take on the situation.

Great that people are offering help but friendly advice is more worthwhile in the long term even though some stuff is hard to hear.

Hope tomorrow goes well to those helping in NJ.

#263 7 years ago

Very curious thread really.

Only one explanation ( for me anyway ) makes sense of it and that is a condition that goes along side 'digestive ailments'.

If this ever proved to be the case, people including myself would do a total 180 flip regarding this thread.

It's not really fair for me to say my theory but it does make sense. Sorry for being obtuse.

#308 7 years ago

I hope someone showed or shows up today as Otaku's intentions are good. We all perceive reality differently and his perception of reality is probably a bit different to many of us. It has to be with 29 pinballs at the tender age of 18!

I know it has annoyed many that he isn't selling any games. I suspect it is emotionally very hard for him to do this.

Going to finish by saying, ' just give the kid a break'

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shapeshifter.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sos-in-nj-help-needed-after-flood?tu=shapeshifter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.