Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

227a00812146e698f1bf0bfd95ecfc4706af4b69 (resized).jpeg
    Website-Header (resized).jpg
    CeESJVeXIAAsplI (resized).jpg
    Conspiracy-theorist-wearing-tinfoil-hat-stares-at-his-computer-Shutterstock-800x430 (resized).png
    u0n9rzS.jpg
    IMG_0579 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0384 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0430 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9116 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9115 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9118 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9114 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9112 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9111 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9110 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9109 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#145 7 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah I said emergency. If my basement is flooding and getting ready to wipe out my collection, that is a situation that requires an immediate response....therefore making it an emergency situation. Emergencies don't have to be a life or death situation.

A little water on the floor is not going to wipe out a collection. Get games on legs or pallets, vacuum the water, run a dehumidifier, etc. I'm sure this is not the first time those EMs have been in a damp room. After the weather passes, figure out long term solution to wetness. None of that needs a gofundme or monetary handout. Asking for physical help moving the games is just part of the hobby, no problem there, but the monetary thing is a bit much considering the situation.

#176 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Plain and simple need help moving the machines first and foremost. That was always the point of the thread. Once that is done it is no longer an emergency situation and the basement can leak to its heart's content until we get it fixed. Posted my PayPal so if anybody who wants to help but isn't close enough can contribute.

I've been looking on the paypal site for a way to help move machines remotely, but can't find that section.

Quoted from Otaku:

I need money for a sump pump and while I work for it myself I offered if anybody would like to help with that they can do so.

I need money to fix leaky bathroom plumbing but you don't see me asking folks in a pinball forum for it. In fact I don't see ANYONE here asking for money for household repairs. You are the outlier; that is why we're discussing your life.

#182 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Asking for help of saving pinball machines on a pinball forum seems relevant to me. You're right, asking for help repairing your bathroom would be a little odd on here.

Asking for help moving the pins out of the damp basement is fine. Asking for money to fix your house is not. Everyone has household maintenance costs, but no one here is asking for help paying for them except you. This is what most of the people here are trying to tell you. Maybe you'll understand when you get older and wiser.

If you can afford 29 pins, you can afford a sump pump to protect them.

#394 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

Ghostbusters, Metallica LE, etc. all on free play and there is never lines on any of the games besides maybe one person playing it. Great pricing at $7 for 30 minutes and $10 for an hour (and +$5 for each half hour after that)

Great pricing for the owner.. I can play MetLE for 30 min on one credit kidding though.. I understand the need for such costs. 'Coin drop' pricing doesn't sustain the business anymore unless you're selling drinks along with the games. Sounds like a cool spot to hang.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider metallik.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sos-in-nj-help-needed-after-flood?tu=metallik and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.