Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

227a00812146e698f1bf0bfd95ecfc4706af4b69 (resized).jpeg
    Website-Header (resized).jpg
    CeESJVeXIAAsplI (resized).jpg
    Conspiracy-theorist-wearing-tinfoil-hat-stares-at-his-computer-Shutterstock-800x430 (resized).png
    u0n9rzS.jpg
    IMG_0579 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0384 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0430 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9116 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9115 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9118 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9114 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9112 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9111 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9110 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9109 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gwalton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#319 7 years ago

Steven,
    Sorry I didn't notice this post until now or I would've offered some help this weekend.
    Anyway, I didn't really have the time to read every reply, but I get a little water is my basement occasionally and here are some things you can do depending on how deep the water gets . . .
    - Buy yourself a pack of heavy Solo disposable cups. Put each leg inside a cup on the floor. This will help up to 3 inches or so and keep your levelers from rusting.
    - Get yourself something to sit unassembled machines on. I install fencing, so I cut up aluminum posts to short lengths to raise things off the floor. Don't use wood, it'll just wick the water up to the machines. If you need some aluminum props, let me know. You can come over and we'll make some for you.
    - Get a dehumidifier ( it looks like you did ) and keep it running.
    Just a few suggestions until you can find a more permanant solution.
    Good luck,
    G

#354 7 years ago
    Quoted from Otaku:

As I run out of room I've been taking it a bit slower than these last few games are the heavy two player or four player variety. Getting them up the stairs now is the easy part now but taking them apart gets pretty draining especially with my very physical method, some people seem to use a hydraulic(?) cart to push up the back of the machines to get the legs off and then drop it down with that but mine is heaving it onto a stool, then setting the back on the ground by hand when the back legs and the head are off. Also have to pull the game out of the tight spaces they are in, sometimes put the rolling feet under them, label the legs, ziploc the bolts, etc., etc..

Getting on or off the floor once the back legs are off is the worst part for me. At least you're not dealing with a STTNG or TZ, those are nightmares!

#358 7 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

I've always used a plastic horse from Lowe's under the back of the cab (only about $24 for two and each can hold up to 700 lbs). Great as opposed to a stool, or even some hardcore / old school guys that simply prop it up on their knee. I've actually given several of those horses to Pinsiders when they've picked up games or I went to grab one from them...and then just replaced it later.

That part I can usually handle with my lower leg. What about getting it from the on the stool/sawhorse level to the on the floor level. With those widebodys especially, I run the risk of throwing my back out and pinching the ends of my fingers off. Any tricks for that? Of course 2 people would be the ideal answer, but I don't trust my wife not to drop her side and any friends I do have scatter when I need a favor. Lol

#360 7 years ago
    Quoted from tacshose:

Yeah calling friends for pinball help is a losing battle, but they always show up when it's time to play lol

Yeah, my friends are a buncha dicks, they show up when they need something though. Wish I had some friends in the same hobby.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gwalton.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sos-in-nj-help-needed-after-flood?tu=gwalton and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.