Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

227a00812146e698f1bf0bfd95ecfc4706af4b69 (resized).jpeg
    Website-Header (resized).jpg
    CeESJVeXIAAsplI (resized).jpg
    Conspiracy-theorist-wearing-tinfoil-hat-stares-at-his-computer-Shutterstock-800x430 (resized).png
    u0n9rzS.jpg
    IMG_0579 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0384 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0430 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9116 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9115 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9118 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9114 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9112 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9111 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9110 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9109 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#159 6 years ago

Maybe other activity on the forum has diminished some sympathy or empathy for Otaku....I'll guess the fellows at Pinball Resource wouldn't consider to come out to help or offer some parts to fix damaged machines later...

I have mixed feelings on this. Feel bad for him. If I lived in his area I'd go help him move the games. I gather he's probably a decent young man from reading his activity here and viewing a few video clips, but he might order his needs, wants, priorities and sacrifices a little different than those of us that have a experienced a few more replays or spent more credits in the game of life.

To those who show up at his grandma's place to help - hats off to you. If somebody who shows up there happens to have a nice pocket full of money with them and offers to buy a game - it might be a great time for our little buddy to sell his first game or two ! Maybe an offer to sell them back later would be something to consider too to help loosen up that urge to hold onto everything.

Where the heck is Grandma and why isn't she helping tote machines upstairs ??? (Kidding )

If I were there, I'd help. But the plea for cash might go unheeded....... Well maybe even I'd pop for a donation for him after I first gave him a few bucks for a haircut.

#170 6 years ago

Maybe the flood is really just leaking Budweiser - In my estimation Bud kind of looks and tastes about the same as floodwater seepage.
    ( I haven't drank floodwater but I have tried Bud a couple times - seems pretty nasty to me )

Perhaps if all the beer is drank the problem will go away. You might find a few brave souls who could help out with that.

I'm just glad the OP wasn't there during the flood. Previously I was under the impression he lived in Grandma's basement with the pins. Had this vision of him curled up on a sleeping bag under one of the many pins. Guess that was wrong. I gather now that he's more of a Pinball Vagabond.

#231 6 years ago

I feel for him a bit some ways - but I'm a bit baffled too. ......

Yup raised $600 through pinside so far but not selling games - don't even ask.....

If people show up to help, happen to have cash in pocket and make a nice reasonable offer to get one of the games out of the way - it would be foolish to dismiss the offer right out.

Refusing to help yourself when a financial opportunity might arise to help bail yourself out of this mess on your own is dismissed, but taking advantage of the goodwill and monetary generosity of others won't win you too many friends...... and it may cost you some friends to boot.

#290 6 years ago

I thought for sure you'd get some people to show up and help move games - I think nobody had any issue with that part of your request.

A little surprised. Maybe help will arrive at some point today.

I would be reluctant to chip in some money for the house repairs - but I'd still pop for a haircut.

If I lived out your way I'd hop in my van and come help you.

#316 6 years ago

Whoa - he has issues with his innerds ! Dumping Bud in his body might put him in the hospital.

Crackers, oatmeal and such probably better along with a non toxic drink. But yeah - he could stand to relax a bit. Have grandma take a shift moving games.

Escalara was a great idea and generous loaner. Thumbs up.

#320 6 years ago

Disposable Cup idea is simple genius for the bottom of the legs ! Protection / Leg leveler condoms.

#365 6 years ago

Ha Ha at o-din

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider NoQuarters.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sos-in-nj-help-needed-after-flood?tu=NoQuarters and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.