Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 108 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by spfxted
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

227a00812146e698f1bf0bfd95ecfc4706af4b69 (resized).jpeg
    Website-Header (resized).jpg
    CeESJVeXIAAsplI (resized).jpg
    Conspiracy-theorist-wearing-tinfoil-hat-stares-at-his-computer-Shutterstock-800x430 (resized).png
    u0n9rzS.jpg
    IMG_0579 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0384 (resized).JPG
    IMG_0430 (resized).JPG
    IMG_9116 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9115 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9118 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9114 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9112 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9111 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9110 (resized).PNG
    IMG_9109 (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1974DeltaQueen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#207 7 years ago

Part of me says awww the other parts says "really?"

The Best advice or comments I saw
    Or have:

Stop scanning CL ads a deal is a deal if you've got a fund allocated for the hobby

Sell games to raise cash. Look 29 pins isn't hoarding but there is a clear pattern of financial irresponsibility.

At no time should any pins or parts be lying on a basement floor . Anticipate the unexpected or be at least be cognizant
    of your water table.

Sump pump and dehumidifier are paramount before game one even goes into a basement that's susceptible to water. Me personally mine flooded in 2010 and I made the necessary engineering adjustments prior to setting up the "arcade". It wasn't cheap.

A wise man even older than me told me to collect quality over quantity . It's mostly worked out well with very few hiccups.

Self-reliance is a tool many of today's youth seem to lack IMHO.

Water in a basement is just that. A FLOOD is a tragic weather phenomenon that destroys property and takes lives.

My $0.02

#209 7 years ago
    Quoted from lancestorm:

At 18 I worked 3 jobs and had plenty of emergency cash for situations with my car or other expenses. It is about being prepared for when things go south, because eventually they do. There is NO FAMILY or FRIENDS to ask for this monetary assistance? No credit card? I don't get it.

18 years old. Ok 1977 . I took 17 credits with 6 hours a week in a science lab, driving a rusty 1965 VW, worked 30 hours a week paying my own tuition , buying my own gas, commuting to classes. Paying for vehicle repairs. My buddies had fill time jobs and had more money than me, or they lived on campus and partied . I never asked anyone for a red cent. Graduated with ZERO student loans and a Bachelor of Science. On my Graduation Day I got my ass to work and had my diploma mailed to me.

When I had a few spare moments away from classes or studying I put quarters into the Pro Pool in the Student Center and racked up the added balls .

#239 7 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

I'll repeat it, he expects $2k for this thread! WoW

Well I'll politely decline monitory compensation. Nobody ever handed me money to fund a hobby.

I'll always listen to a person wanting a hand up, not a handout .

I donate my goods, services, and money to Cancer Research ( I'm a 2 time survivor) , Local Shelters, Food for the Poor, Fidelco & Goodwill.

#341 7 years ago

I was pretty clear on my suggestions and guidance, but not an asshole as some suggested as a blanket statement. I wish you luck and I will be in Allentown, you borrowed a wrench from me last year. My suggestion would be to hand the tool back to the owner, not setting it under his game. I also know the96Stang very well, this young man is one of the best pinball dudes in the hobby.

#376 7 years ago
    Quoted from Colsond3:

Without the negativity, although it may sound cheesy, the last few pages of this thread have reminded me why I do like Pinside and why I'm on here. A couple of good laughs (mostly at the expense of Boob's Escalera), good ol friendly ball busting, and just some generalized pinball talk going in any direction. So nice to get a break from reading dramatic B.S.

A lot of that BS is on the main forum. IMHO us old dudes are crotchety but normally don't have flame wars on the EM threads. (Normally is subjective)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 1974DeltaQueen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sos-in-nj-help-needed-after-flood?tu=1974DeltaQueen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.