(Topic ID: 235641)

Sorry to ask - but which pin? WOZ, GOTG, or MBr? Decision made!

By f3honda4me

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Pin?”

• Wizard of Oz 80 votes
    47%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy 34 votes
    20%
  • Monster Bash Remake 56 votes
    33%

(Multiple choice - 170 votes by 166 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 5 years ago

GOTG has failed to keep my interest over several months of playing on location - I think a lot of players really like it, but I’m skeptical it would last long at home.

IMO WOZ has the most “wow” factor of the three, is fun, is deeeeeeep, and has a unique theme, and lots LOTS of shots.

MB is super fun if set up fast, and you have to keep in mind it is fairly easy - but it’s a great partner to a deeper game

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

If you don’t mind me asking, any idea what gets boring about GOTG for you? What do you find yourself playing instead?

I think it’s a good enough game, I don’t mean to make it sound like it’s awful - I just started to feel like I was kinda doing the same thing over and over again. The ramps are definitely fun, and I like the design, but the shots just feel samey after a while.

I do think the Groot multiball makes the game fun for kids, because it’s obvious what to shoot for, but after a while ...

As far as other recent games, I like LOTR, Simpsons PP, Houdini, TWD, Tron, WOZ, TZ.. I think the recent Hobbit code is the best “take you on a journey” game ever. If I’m buying a game it’s got to have legs to go a long time - so I tend toward the deeper games (although I own and absolutely adore MB)

#22 5 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Actually, you shouldn't ask me because I previously recommended The Hobbit which I love, you bought and sold.
I also own Woz and think it's great. Personally MBr would be to simular for me with a 3 pin lineup and having AFM. I also own AFMr.
I really don't know about Guardians, (have Met and IM same designer) but would lean to something different like Star Trek.

Good advice - ST is awesome.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Machine - For Sale
Shepherdsville, KY
$ 28.00
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
St. Clair Shores, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 91.00
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 24.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorry-to-ask-but-which-pin-woz-gotg-or-mbr?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.