(Topic ID: 235641)

Sorry to ask - but which pin? WOZ, GOTG, or MBr? Decision made!

By f3honda4me

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Pin?”

• Wizard of Oz 80 votes
    47%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy 34 votes
    20%
  • Monster Bash Remake 56 votes
    33%

(Multiple choice - 170 votes by 166 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

After playing star trek yesterday, my wife is seriously considering us buying both WOZ and ST lol! Or GotG and ST. I should update the poll, but I think the feedback I've gotten from you all has been much more valuable than the poll. A lot of very helpful things, including some aspects I had not thought of. Heck I wasn't even considering ST until several of you mentioned it!

Dude don’t do both Guardians and ST; something about both their rulesets that don’t let them mesh well together in a small lineup. WOZ and ST would be amazing next to JJPOTC and AFM. To me, WOZ and JJPOTC are JJPs best 2 pins. WOZ is as great as JJPOTC - it’s both brutal, fun, deep, with lots of variety, and amazing theme integration. The display isn’t nearly as good as JJPOTC, and is probably the weakest of the 4 JJP games, but the game overall is fantastic.

Amazing 4 pin line up:
JJPOTC
AFMr
WOZ
ST (I prefer LE, it’s stunning and the light show is over the top. Don’t go with a pro, the left vuk is donkey shit flow killer and no lasers and light show is a big miss for the theme).

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If I can piggy back on this thread, I could add STLE but have owned it before or should o get something new like JJP Potc? Thing is JJP Potc looks overwhelming and overly complicated (I feel same with SW which I played didn’t know a damn thing about what was going on). GOTG seems more approachable but I do already have IM, Tron, Met and Twd pro so not sure I could stomach another Borg pin.

JJPOTC is probably the best pin ever created. The rules on the surface are actually quite easy to grasp. 6 areas on the pf to represent the 6 multiballs, and 6 areas on the display to represent as well. Chapters are not modes, but rather chapters of one of the 5 movies which you collect characters (souls) which are used for the final wizard mode of that movie. There are 5 skulls on the pf, each represent one of the 5 movies - shoot a skull to qualify a chapter for its movie, shoot the star map to start the chapter. It really is that simple, and If you can’t grasp that, then you may want to stick to arcade games just messin. The advanced rules, like all great pins (TWD, MET, WOZ, etc...) are learned later as you begin peeling back the layers.

As for SW; it is much much more complicated than that. That game is more dependent on learning what the countdown sound effects mean, but that’s another topic at hand. But I will say this, there’s a reason why a lot of great players (i.e. deadflip) like SW; the game is crazy Adrenalin once you learn the complex ruleset. And once you learn it; you’ll realize it’s not so complex after all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 91.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 24.50
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
$ 395.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

13,000 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 5.00
$ 28.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eskaybee.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorry-to-ask-but-which-pin-woz-gotg-or-mbr?tu=eskaybee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.