(Topic ID: 235641)

Sorry to ask - but which pin? WOZ, GOTG, or MBr? Decision made!

By f3honda4me

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which Pin?”

• Wizard of Oz 80 votes
    47%
  • Guardians of the Galaxy 34 votes
    20%
  • Monster Bash Remake 56 votes
    33%

(Multiple choice - 170 votes by 166 Pinsiders)

This poll has been closed.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#53 5 years ago

Star Trek is fantastic...one of my favorites. It has the most geometrically perfect playfield ever made and is SO satisfying to shoot. It has plenty to do for all skill levels. First wizard mode is fairly easy to hit in a good game, and is very satisfying. Second is super hard but possible. Third is damn near impossible (for me at least). The modes to get to each are varied and not just the same thing over and over like some games, and you get some nice rewards along the way (medal system, super loops/ramps, etc). You can select from many different paths to progress through the modes too. The Vengeance battles are awesome, and really feel like a fight. The first one is a pretty easy to reach multiball that most beginners should be able to see in a game. Klingon multiball is also not too difficult to get into and is an another awesome battle. Great sounds/music/dots/etc all around.

The ST premium/LE is very nice, but honestly the pro is 95% the same and would save you some money if budget is a factor. My vote of your original three is GOTG, but if ST is added in, I would switch to that by a hair. The others are great too though, so you are in a can't lose situation. You could get a nice used ST pro AND GOTG pro for only a little more than the price of a new WoZ or MB, so that would be something to think about too.

#85 5 years ago

Fantastic choices...congrats! With both of these games I think the gameplay is nearly identical between pro and premium, but there is no denying that the lighting effects and other additions really add to the experience. I am sure your family will enjoy them!

I am also heavily considering grabbing a GOTG (pro in my case) at MGC. Will require selling a great game to do it though...decisions decisions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 6,999.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 22.50
6,495 (Firm)
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 91.00
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Jediturtle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorry-to-ask-but-which-pin-woz-gotg-or-mbr?tu=Jediturtle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.