(Topic ID: 4189)

Sorry this is just lame

By The_Dude_Abides

12 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

iron-man-0752_480_poster.jpg
    lebowski.jpg
    TRON-Legacy-Olivia-Wilde-olivia-wilde-.jpg
    27_weak-sauce.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

TRON Rating: 2.500
    RobKnapp rated this game on June 30, 2011.
    “Some of you rated TRON with a score of [ten] and said you have not even played it .Not cool.This review is to counter balance you presumptions.”

Come on you all what are we two years old or something? While I agree you should not rate a machine until you play it this is a bit much. Just silly.... Please lets try to be better then this petty stuff here on Pinside.

#2 12 years ago

I agree, TDA. Very childish.

#3 12 years ago

27_weak-sauce.jpg27_weak-sauce.jpg

#4 12 years ago

Are there any mods that can delete reviews that don't meet certain standards?

#5 12 years ago

I am sure there are artman, and though I have to admit I don't agree with this member posting a rating to "even things out" I also think it is rather silly to rate a machine you have never played in a negative or positive way. But, without people admitting directly to doing this, how would you know?

On a side note, I see I am officially deemed a "pinball addict" now THERE is a description that is apt!

#6 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

RobKnapp rated this game on June 30, 2011.
    “Some of you rated TRON with a score of [ten] and said you have not even played it .Not cool.This review is to counter balance you presumptions.”

what can I say haahaaa. For once I'm speechless. It had to happen sometime!

#7 12 years ago

Why does the system even allow you to rank machines that are not available to the public?

#8 12 years ago

I agree that giving a 10 or a 2.5 for a game you have not played is not in the spirit of this site.

I generally have limited reviews to games I own or have extensive time on. However for Tron, I was really excited about this title, missed the launch party, but still wanted to play it. So I went to gameworks during the middle of a week day (no one else was playing pins ) and spent two hours playing pinball - 90% of that time on tron. Ideally I would like more time on a game before submitting a final review, but wanted to pass along my initial thoughts to the group.

Hopefully I'll have a chance to "refine" my rating this weekend!

#9 12 years ago
    Quoted from nutshell79:

I agree that giving a 10 or a 2.5 for a game you have not played is not in the spirit of this site.

No one should rate a game that they have not played at least a few times! manipulating ratings is not cool.

#10 12 years ago

In total agreement. Reviews should not be made until the person has had enough time to get to know the game and make a qualified assessment. To rate it without even playing or to rate low to "counter balance" higher ratings is just absurd.

#11 12 years ago

I played Tron for about an hour, and I still didn't feel like I was familiar with it enough to give it a fair rating. Plus, I'm waiting until they tweak the code a bit before I render my official judgement.

#12 12 years ago

That is a pretty sad thing to do. Honest ratings are the goal. I still have not rated all of the machines I own, let alone all I have played.

#13 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

I am sure there are artman, and though I have to admit I don't agree with this member posting a rating to "even things out" I also think it is rather silly to rate a machine you have never played in a negative or positive way. But, without people admitting directly to doing this, how would you know?

I was thinking the mods should remove the votes that are in there without any play as well.

#14 12 years ago

It's hard to lay the responsibility on moderators to edit rankings. The responsibility is really on the Pinside community to call out petty stuff like this and just rate games the right way. I do wish there was a little more restrictions then having to rank ten games or something. I think rankings would work better and have less silly stuff like this if rankings only got calculated once a certain karma number has been reached.

#15 12 years ago

Play the game first and give it your honest ratings

#16 12 years ago

Like I said before...some will rank it too high even after they play it and some will rank it too low....In the end when there is enough rankings it will settle down where it's suppose to be...after 100 rankings or so it's not going to matter if a few people were unfair.

Only time will tell.

Oh and BTW even if Tron ranks #1 next year I'm still not interested in looking at Jeff Bridges face on a pin....nothing against Jeff Bridges, i just don't want him on my pin...Why would I? Sorry.

#17 12 years ago

Oh and BTW even if Tron ranks #1 next year I'm still not interested in looking at Jeff Bridges face on a pin..

This suit ya better, big guy???

TRON-Legacy-Olivia-Wilde-olivia-wilde-.jpgTRON-Legacy-Olivia-Wilde-olivia-wilde-.jpg

#18 12 years ago

WOW hatin on the dude...Nothing wrong with Jeff Bridges man, ok screw it lets go bowling dude.

Its still pretty annoying, things may in fact even out in the end I just think it is lame and wish it did not happen. I really don't see why people do it I guess. To each their own..

#19 12 years ago

Well that's what the IPDB ratings are like as well where Tron has already received its minimum 4 stars out of a possible 40.
    The best thing about ratings is being able to look up games you want to own and if you can't trust them it's a shame! Having said that there are always the comments to read to get an overview. Still a shame though but you will never fix the problem totally if some people are focussed on bringing games down rather than marking fairly.

#20 12 years ago
    Quoted from wesperron:

Like I said before...some will rank it too high even after they play it and some will rank it too low....In the end when there is enough rankings it will settle down where it's suppose to be...after 100 rankings or so it's not going to matter if a few people were unfair.

Only time will tell.

Oh and BTW even if Tron ranks #1 next year I'm still not interested in looking at Jeff Bridges face on a pin....nothing against Jeff Bridges, i just don't want him on my pin...Why would I? Sorry

+1

#21 12 years ago
    Quoted from The_Gorilla:

This suit ya better, big guy???

Now thats what i'm talking about if the machine had that it would be in
    my living room as we speak.

#22 12 years ago
    Quoted from wesperron:

Oh and BTW even if Tron ranks #1 next year I'm still not interested in looking at Jeff Bridges face on a pin....nothing against Jeff Bridges, i just don't want him on my pin...Why would I? Sorry.

funny you say that actually, after getting my tron on location and the shrink wrap off and the backbox up.......first thing i tell the property owner is you've got both young and 'current' jeff bridges in 3d artwork, how can you not like it? lol

#23 12 years ago

Robin posted in a previous thread that he cannot delete one rating from a person without deleting all of that person's ratings. I say, delete them all since that person has proven he is a troll.

So now I have to rate it a perfect 10 to even out his 2.5 rating, even though I haven't played it. How annoying.

#24 12 years ago

WOW hatin on the dude...Nothing wrong with Jeff Bridges man,

I will +1 for you TDA!
    Jeff Bridges is the "Man of the Year!" IMHO!!!

lebowski.jpglebowski.jpg
    He can proudly be on my TRON anytime!
    But if it came down to Quorra and Jeff...

"Happy trails Dude!"
    "Don't forget your Ralphs Club Card!"

TDA- you can actually OWN your very own!
    Check it!

ebay.com link: Big Lebowski Dudes ID Ralphs Club Card Movie Prop

#25 12 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

I will +1 for you TDA!
    Jeff Bridges is the "Man of the Year!" IMHO!!! []

Very well played sir!!!!

Quoted from SealClubber:

I say, delete them all since that person has proven he is a troll.

Robin's created a great site and I would hate to see him spend any of his time on this ridiculous stuff. I just wanted to call out that lame rating.

#26 12 years ago

Jeff Bridges is a god amongst men. I'd be proud to have a pin with his mug on it in my collection.

Who else can multitask like this?

iron-man-0752_480_poster.jpgiron-man-0752_480_poster.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorry-this-is-just-lame and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.