Topic Stats

• 250 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Sorry.jpg
dick_measuring-stick.jpg
Unknown-3.jpeg
sternSD1.jpg
hum.png
Drax_Literal_Destroyer.jpg
gremlins_2.gif
KISS_LE.jpg

There are 250 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can you somehow relate your browbeating Jalbert to cars or the automotive industry so the rest of us can understand it? Thanks in advance!

It's like saying really all you need is a car to get you from point A to B. A jalopy would be fine. But you're trying to tell me I shouldn't buy a BMW or Lexus because that's unnecessary? Who are you to tell me what kind of car I should buy.

Does that work CrazyLevi?

All in fun Levi.

Unknown-3.jpeg

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Can you somehow relate your browbeating Jalbert to cars or the automotive industry so the rest of us can understand it? Thanks in advance!

Ah yes How about this...if you have to take a car loan, you shouldn't be allowed to purchase a NIB pinball machine...only a beater.

#204 4 years ago

You asked for it

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

If your monetary gap is home --> cars --> pinball you have no business buying pinball machines. Education and retirement are a couple of other expenses I can think of that should be somewhere in the middle.

Let's see, I have a defined benefit pension plan that pays 85% of my salary average over the three highest of my last five years of employment with 30 years with the COmpaNy.
My formal education is pretty much completed.

Tell me how I should spend the money I earned please.

#206 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Let's see, I have a defined benefit pension plan that pays 85% of my salary average over the three highest of my last five years of employment with 30 years with the COmpaNy.
My formal education is pretty much completed.

Since you asked, a generous donation to all the members of AAPM (Ann Arbor Pinball Museum) would certainly be appreciated.

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from Iceman5000:

Not really true at all. Most of their production employees have been there a long time. Most new hires are recommended by current employees. Quite a few 2nd generation workers there now.

Still can be staffed by a temp agency. Not uncommon in factory work like that where the temp agency needs to fill the spots 'ordered' by the factory... yet they stay employees of the temp agency so the factory can just 'contract' the work. People can stay employeed by the temp agency for a long long time and stick with the same job/role. Both parties like that because consistent workers usually means better output.. meaning the factory is happier with the contracted agreement.

It's the employees that get screwed in the long run because they have no real job security, benefits, etc. Just steady work...

#208 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Ah yes How about this...if you have to take a car loan, you shouldn't be allowed to purchase a NIB pinball machine...only a beater.

I agree

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Start with hookers, blow the rest.

LTG : )™

#210 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Do hookers not blow in the US?

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from maf-mi:

Since you asked, a generous donation to all the members of AAPM (Ann Arbor Pinball Museum) would certainly be appreciated.

I donate generously to my fellow members as well as the museum. During my next visit when you will grace us with your presence; would you like a Arby's roast beef sandwich, Taco Bell crunchy taco (sorry, taco Supremes are 20¢ more so no-go there) or a Coney Dog as your compensation?

#212 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Preferably on blow.

#213 4 years ago

Tht

Quoted from flynnibus:Still can be staffed by a temp agency. Not uncommon in factory work like that where the temp agency needs to fill the spots 'ordered' by the factory... yet they stay employees of the temp agency so the factory can just 'contract' the work. People can stay employeed by the temp agency for a long long time and stick with the same job/role. Both parties like that because consistent workers usually means better output.. meaning the factory is happier with the contracted agreement.
It's the employees that get screwed in the long run because they have no real job security, benefits, etc. Just steady work...

Thank You!

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Start with hookers and blow.

FIXED

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from Kiwipinhead:

Do hookers not blow in the US?

It depends on which state you are in.

#216 4 years ago

Wait.......what were we talking about again?

#217 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My cars are paid off. I have, however, written home equity loans to finance pins. I don't really see the difference.

And now, back to Stern bashing!

#218 4 years ago

Guys why don't you all share net worth and dick sizes and be done with it?

#219 4 years ago

Just a few weeks ago, I was looking in my HUO Williams machine and found the unfilled out warranty registration card. Sent it in and I still haven't heard back from those a-holes. Talk about poor service.

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

About fitty dollas (same as fitty cent)and 4 and 3/4. Hey, it may be short but at least it's thin. And my parents have some money so I might inherit well..... If my 19 brothers and sisters die off young.

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Wait, do you mean both net worth and net dick sizes? Because If so, I may have to retract my above stated 4 and 3/4.

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

If you are really asking - Please wire it to me, I will PM my bank account info.

#223 4 years ago

Both my net worth and my dick are small. But I have an awesome life.

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

We must have the same parents.

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It's not about that at all, Kaneda. I'm a friggin' music teacher, but I don't go home at 3:30 and complain about how hard my job is like many other teachers do. I work until 8 at night giving lessons, and that's what finances my pins and whatever else I want to get.

I drive an Infiniti convertible. A pricey car, but it took me until I was 45 to be able to afford something like that. I've got teachers who look at my car and my pins and say, "Must be nice."

Yeah. It is. And EVERYBODY can do it if they make the right choices and work their ass off. And the one thing I won't tolerate is somebody telling me how I should have spent the money I worked my ass off to earn while they sat home watching Dr. Oz.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

We talkin' flaccid or ready to rock?

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And the one thing I won't tolerate is somebody telling me how I should have spent the money I worked my ass off to earn while they sat home watching Dr. Oz.

That's the ONE THING?

Surely there are others!

#228 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's the ONE THING?
Surely there are others!

Well, that's the one that pisses me off the most (and I really don't get pissed about much). My sister, who makes more than me, asks me why I had to get a new car when the ten year old one I had was perfectly fine. Meanwhile, she's changing to a new Audi everytime the tires need changing.

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's not about that at all, Kaneda. I'm a friggin' music teacher, but I don't go home at 3:30 and complain about how hard my job is like many other teachers do. I work until 8 at night giving lessons, and that's what finances my pins and whatever else I want to get.
I drive an Infiniti convertible. A pricey car, but it took me until I was 45 to be able to afford something like that. I've got teachers who look at my car and my pins and say, "Must be nice."
Yeah. It is. And EVERYBODY can do it if they make the right choices and work their ass off. And the one thing I won't tolerate is somebody telling me how I should have spent the money I worked my ass off to earn while they sat home watching Dr. Oz.

Very cool. Sounds exactly like my father...had a large private student practice to augment his modest teachers salary. Combine that with smart savings and investments and we always had "stuff" that other teachers didn't (pool, nice cars, game room, etc.). Guy worked his butt off...never took a vacation.

Spirited Pinside discussion on pinball are goodness. Telling people how to spend their money is just wrong...especially when they have no context whatsoever. I've known some hoarders/collectors that spend money they don't have, but it's still none of my business to tell them how to live their life. None of my business!

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Very cool. Sounds exactly like my father...had a large private student practice to augment his modest teachers salary. Combine that with smart savings and investments and we always had "stuff" that other teachers didn't (pool, nice cars, game room, etc.).

Um...yeah. I never quite got the smart savings and investments part right. Lost 10k just trying to play the stock market. It's not for me...I'd rather just play pinball.

I always said a successful life is somebody who dies with nothing in the bank and everything paid off. Shows you enjoyed your money while you were alive, and were responsible in doing so.

The kids will have plenty to divvy up between the house, cars, etc. I don't think they'll feel cheated when I'm gone.

#231 4 years ago

dick_measuring-stick.jpg

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm a friggin' music teacher

Friggin' music teachers are awesome! They make the world a better place!!

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Friggin' music teachers are awesome! They make the world a better place!!

Yeah. But only the friggin' music teachers. The normal ones suck.

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah. But only the friggin' music teachers. The normal ones suck.

I've been called a friggin' prick by a student. Can I be in this friggin' music teacher club?

#235 4 years ago

Back on topic folks. Otherwise...well you know...

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

dick_measuring-stick.jpg

Did you get that from the machine at the Ann Arbor Pinball Museum/VFW Pinball when you were there?

#237 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Did you get that from the machine at the Ann Arbor Pinball Museum/VFW Pinball when you were there?

I gave it to Vid when it got too short for me.

(If that was true, I'd be able to reach the new Stern power button with my weiner.)

BA-BAM! Did you like how I worked that into the original topic, Gecko?

#238 4 years ago

I like this guy!

#239 4 years ago

Wow this one is gone sideways and then some....I was surfing to see if anyone had the SDTM issue with the Demon head and what they did to correct it. I would rather not bug tech support if it is a simple adjustment that is needed!

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from mainelycoasters:

I would rather not bug tech support if it is a simple adjustment that is needed!

You should contact them. Especially if it's a simple adjustment.

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from NJGecko:

Otherwise...well you know...

We get scolded with the peter meter?

#242 4 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I donate generously to my fellow members as well as the museum. During my next visit when you will grace us with your presence; would you like a Arby's roast beef sandwich, Taco Bell crunchy taco (sorry, taco Supremes are 20¢ more so no-go there) or a Coney Dog as your compensation?

Coney, for sure. Thanks for your generous contributions and let's all hope that the bidet is functioning on Coney day.

#243 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

We get scolded with the peter meter?

I can hear the few remaining women on this forum shuffling away from pinside as we speak. Might be another thread coming soon.
?

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Now that is some FUNNY shit right there!

Awesome life is what it's all about

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

dick_measuring-stick.jpg

Splinters might be a problem but maybe you could zip tie the Peter meter to your dick

And tuck the extra 5 inches around the other side?

#246 4 years ago

I'm ok with a thread erection, I mean ejection

The dick meter gets nothing. Wow.

Erect me please

I love life . Bye bye

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

You win!

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Splinters might be a problem

My cock is too hard for wood splinters.

#249 4 years ago

My cock.

#250 4 years ago

Here's a picture of mine. Still on topic.

Sorry.jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 250 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside