Topic Stats

• 250 posts
  • 96 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by beelzeboob
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 8 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Sorry.jpg
dick_measuring-stick.jpg
Unknown-3.jpeg
sternSD1.jpg
hum.png
Drax_Literal_Destroyer.jpg
gremlins_2.gif
KISS_LE.jpg

There are 250 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.
#1 4 years ago

Not cool to receive a KISS LE, out box it. And it will not boot. Sorry STERN, that is not good enough. Do not believe it worked when you shipped it.
Spending too much money on this to get jerked.

KISS_LE.jpg

#2 4 years ago

Bugs in new Spike system, usual case with new hardware. They'll get you booted up, just call em.

#3 4 years ago

Stern made the wrong guy mad - he was their best customer and he even bought a Wrestlemania LE.

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

Stern made the wrong guy mad - he was their best customer and he even bought a Wrestlemania LE.

lol and THAT is devotion!

#5 4 years ago

Yeah. Sucks the thrill right out of nib.

Hoping they treat him right.

#6 4 years ago

It's so disappointing to hear this. Hope they get it sorted for you mate.

#7 4 years ago

My bet is it is a bad power supply.

I'd verify inside wiring.

#8 4 years ago

The shipping box did say Denmark, correct? Just asking to clarify that the games' power setting match your home power system.

Your authorized distributor will help correct this or refund your purchase price.

#9 4 years ago

Not booting? Did you know that the power switch is now on the bottom of the backbox? It's an awesome place for it and that may be the problem.

#10 4 years ago

So, you think Stern went to test your game, saw it was dead and said, "screw it" and just threw it in the box? Stop being a baby.

Quoted from SMI3:

Do not believe it worked when you shipped it.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from Cobray:

Did you know that the power switch is now on the bottom of the backbox? It's an awesome place for it and that may be the problem.

the wrestlemania power switch is in the same location.

#12 4 years ago

Works if I replace it with the memory Card from the WWE LE with KISS LE USB ready to update.
But that is not my point.
You take it out the box and you want to play. Not call tech support/distributor and so on, and Wait four days for a new SD CARD.
Bad business

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So, you think Stern went to test your game, saw it was dead and said, "screw it" and just threw it in the box? Stop being a baby.

Buys a nib machine, doesn't work and he isn't happy about, what a baby....

#14 4 years ago

Sorry Jalpert, the day you buy a new Stern Le, receive it, opens it, gets ready to play it, and it will not boot. I think you will have a long face.
Maybe I am just a baby.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Works if I replace it with the memory Card from the WWE LE with KISS LE USB ready to update.
But that is not my point.
You take it out the box and you want to play. Not call tech support/distributor and so on, and Wait four days for a new SD CARD.
Bad business

good to hear it was a easy fix. you have a awesome Stern pinball collection. enjoy your KISS LE when you get it working, fun game.

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Sorry Jalpert, the day you buy a new Stern Le, receive it, opens it, gets ready to play it, and it will not boot. I think you will have a long face.
Maybe I am just a baby.

Nah. You're just venting. It's cool. I would too. Completely understand. Nevermind the lucky bastards here who never had a new tech problem.

#17 4 years ago

SO what is the process you have started to get you up and running?

#18 4 years ago

I fully expect to have an issue or two with a NIb. No big deal. Stern has always been very good about helping, tech support is one of their strong points. There are thousands of parts and wires, lots can come loose in shipping. Electronics can go bad at any time. Perhaps this should have been caught prior to shipping, but In the grand scheme of things, a few days to get it sorted is hardly a travesty.

#19 4 years ago

Once you get it to boot up and work you can start enjoying how bad the Demon Lock vuk and trough are. Look for my thread on that.

#20 4 years ago

The story is that it was more common to have issues out of the box in Bally/Williams games than with modern Sterns. That said, it seems Stern is having a lot of qc issues lately. No telling if it left the factory that way. Maybe something wiggled loose in shipping.

#21 4 years ago

Man, nice lineup smi3! But where's the metallica?

#22 4 years ago

Maybe saving on crap SD cards is going to help get code out quicker, lol.

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Maybe I am just a baby.

Well this question comes down to who you called first, Stern or Pinside. With that many games, this can't be your first issue. And you already knew about the issue with the SD cards being defective in some games. So where did you go first? Us or them? Once we know that we can properly judge long faces.

#24 4 years ago

I cant blame the poor guy for getting upset for his pin not working. He posted the pic of all of the LE pins he bought from Stern just to show he's a supporter for Stern and it's products. You pre-order, pay, wait, get and then unbox the pin and you want the thing to work PERIOD! I think he has the right to complain.

#25 4 years ago
Quoted from Atomicboy:

lol and THAT is devotion!

Well.... it's SOMETHING (buying WWE LE).... not quite sure of the right word

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Aside from the last line I agree with this. As someone who has shipped a lot of coin-op stuff (with tech support and/or warranty no less) it boggles my mind when someone has an issue upon arrival and immediately claims "it wasn't from shipping, you sent it out this way." Why would anyone who is going to provide support (not just an "as-is" sale) choose to make more work for themselves later than just fixing any issues before it leaves? Stern didn't ship this game dead, I'm 100% sure of that.

That said, the latest "advancements" in this industry (pinball and coin-op in general) to throwaway technology is going to cause this stuff to happen more and more. Utilize every bit of that warranty. Then cross your fingers years later.

#27 4 years ago

A birdie told me there's issues in the assembly line. The games are tested and 100% working. However the crew that cleans out the cabs has been know to screw stuff up.

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

I predict this will be the funniest thing in this thread

#29 4 years ago

Did you ever get an X-MEN LE? That whole thing out of the box was a real mess, but Stern made things better eventually. If I were you, I'd make a few calls to dist/stern then take a walk to the red light district. Stern will make it up to you.

#30 4 years ago

Dave H who are you to judge.
A SD Card is on the way, still not my point. And must say this is my first time having problem with NIB.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

Dave H who are you to judge.
A SD Card is on the way, still not my point. And must say this is my first time having problem with NIB.

Don't feel alone, he judges everybody

#32 4 years ago

Every time I ship a game, SOMETHING goes wrong.

A connector comes off, bulbs shake loose, screws strip out and something is hanging.

The person always says "I can't believe you did not catch that !!! Did you even play the game before you crated it??? "

Never fails.

#33 4 years ago

The SD Card didn't go faulty because of shipping ...just sayin'

#34 4 years ago

Disappointed is one thing. But not having the slightest bit of understanding about what can go wrong with shipping, then over the ocean, then local delivery, and then accusing Stern of doing this to you on purpose because, "you don't believe it worked when it left" is just crazy.

And yes, I've had brand new LE games not playable out of the box. So have a LOT of people. Because NIB games don't often work, and when they do it's hardly ever 100% if ever.

Nobody screwed you.

Quoted from SMI3:

Maybe I am just a baby.

#35 4 years ago

There has been a shit ton of bootleg and crappy SD cards flooding the market.

I bought some brand name Sandisk at a major big box store, and Sandisk verified that they were bootleg.

The Sandisk rep said if you don't buy them directly from Amazon (not an Amazon partner) or B&H, it's easy to get f'ed.

#36 4 years ago

So, the SD card in ops machine intermittently works and worked during QC testing at Stern? Thats the story we're going with?

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

So, the SD card in ops machine intermittently works and worked during QC testing at Stern? Thats the story we're going with?

Well when you say it that way it just sounds stupid

#38 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

The bootleg Sandisk SD cards formatted and **worked** for about 2 weeks in my camera, but when I downloaded the shots, they were all corrupted.

#39 4 years ago

Pinside.com- The home of First World problems!

#40 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Every time I ship a game, SOMETHING goes wrong.
A connector comes off, bulbs shake loose, screws strip out and something is hanging.
The person always says "I can't believe you did not catch that !!! Did you even play the game before you crated it??? "
Never fails.

Everyone knows you're just a know nuthin' hack Vid.

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from SMI3:

... And must say this is my first time having problem with NIB.

You are lucky. Your luck ran out, and it does suck when this happens to what should be a great experience. But it will be rectified and all will be well.

I have helped open enough NIB games to know small issues are common. Switch here, tighten an assembly there. But when a small failure takes down the machine it just makes a small issue feel huge.

#42 4 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Crap happens. The world isn't perfect. Stern will help him.

LTG : )™

#43 4 years ago

I wonder if Stern were testing the game with a test SD card and then installed the latest code on a new SD card just before shipping (and didn't bother to check it actually worked)?

#44 4 years ago

I suspect the cards worked until they didn't.

(they obviously took formatting and a write cycle)

#45 4 years ago

When I picked up my kiss this week at my Local distributor I was supplied with a new SD card with 1.03 pre installed, and told to remove the old and insert new before first power up.

There had been issues as descibed with the cards, and posted by stern while the machines were on the ocean heading to Europe the last few weeks.

Cant understand why the danish distributor would not be aware of this situation if stern is supplying the cards on delivery like mine.

#46 4 years ago

Now wait a minute. Some of you guys are trying to say that if you got a NIB pin that costs north of $7000 and you could NOT play it right out of the gate, you would not be pissed/irritated/annoyed/frustrated?

Ok, if a bulb is out or a rubber has to be installed, that I can understand; but if he flips the power switch and NOTHING happens, some people here think he should chuck it up to having a good attitude and "give it the ol' try again and wait until Stern fixes it" routine?

Um, NO. I'd be pissed too.

OP, I am totally with you on this. Yes, Stern is known for making things right, but damn dude, I'd definitely be irritated.

#47 4 years ago

Can't you just go to the store and get a new and card and reimage the game? And yes, it is possible the sd card was fine when the game was played last but is not now. Especially if a write cycle was given to the card to say reset to factory defaults after the game.

#48 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Now wait a minute. Some of you guys are trying to say that if you got a NIB pin.... and you could NOT play it right out of the gate, you would not be pissed/irritated/annoyed/frustrated?

Depends on how long you have been into owning Pinballs.

Us old operators remember how poorly assembled the old Bally/Williams/Sterns were.

We remember all the ball traps that latter they mailed us out fixes for.

We remember taking all the power supply boards out to swap the proper resistors.

We remember getting a bunch of Mylar shapes in an envelope that the manual said were "optional" to install.

We remember getting a few pieces of paper stapled together labeled "preliminary manual" and a card to mail in so the real manuals could be sent months latter.

We remember getting the duck-bill pliers out and bending the ball guides into their intended positions.

We remember the bottoms of games being made from scrap "Z-brick" paneling because they were too cheap to use real fiberboard.

We remember turning the games on "Auto Burn-In" and seeing how much stuff would be not working a few hours latter.

We remember never being able to deploy new games directly from the box to the location. You would always have to fix them first at the shop, then drag them out.

#49 4 years ago

Mine also came with a new sd card with 1.03 on it
Game went nuts on the popbumpers while pressing start for the first time
All the popbumper contacts where closed so i dont think they test every game

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Depends on how long you have been into owning Pinballs.
Us old operators remember how poorly assembled the old Bally/Williams/Sterns were.
We remember all the ball traps that latter they mailed us out fixes for.
We remember taking all the power supply boards out to swap the proper resistors.
We remember getting a bunch of Mylar shapes in an envelope that the manual said were "optional" to install.
We remember getting a few pieces of paper stapled together labeled "preliminary manual" and a card to mail in so the real manuals could be sent months latter.
We remember getting the duck-bill pliers out and bending the ball guides into their intended positions.
We remember the bottoms of games being made from scrap "Z-brick" paneling because they were too cheap to use real fiberboard.
We remember turning the games on "Auto Burn-In" and seeing how much stuff would be not working a few hours latter.
We remember never being able to deploy new games directly from the box to the location. You would always have to fix them first at the shop, then drag them out.

Fair enough and very fair points, Vid.

I am guessing the OP is NOT in that category.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 74.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Id Rather Play Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Leandro, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 263.55
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 250 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 5.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside