(Topic ID: 35179)

Sorry state of pins in the wild (Disney World)

By rai

11 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Waiting for my kids to ride Space Mountain, I decided to check out the arcard to see if there were any pins. There were four, way in the back of the arcade. Elvis, IJ (stern), SWE1, and POTC.

SWE1 (out of service)

I own POTC so I didn't bother to play this one, but it didn't look good. The ship was half sunk (not sure if it worked at all) the Port Royale didn't have any decal. Looked in bad overall shape.

IJ (Stern), played it, was very flat dull to play. I mean there was no pop to the flippers and all around seemed very dull.

Elvis, the DMD was out of order, could only around 10% lights up. The right flipper would only go up 3/4 way so you can't trap the ball and can't hit all the shots.

A few days later, I was waiting again so I figured what the heck maybe I'd give IJ another try or maybe they would have SWE1 or Elvis back working. Wouldn't you just know it, not only was SWE1 not fixed, but IJ was out of service.

There is that question what came first the chicken or the egg. If there had been nice machines and if they were in order, I would have played them quite a bit and maybe other people would also. But crap machines not working will not earn anything. Then the arcade ops will say well pins don't earn anything.

#2 11 years ago

Brutal. Disney spends so much on maintenance and care taking, it is disappointing that they ignore the pins.

#3 11 years ago

Yeah not the first post I've seen about Disney's sad state.

As for the chicken and the egg. It's better if the egg (Swe1) is already broken so the chicken (you) doesn;t have to play it at all!

#4 11 years ago

And to top it all off, they even mounted the pins to the ceiling.

#5 11 years ago

They had an IJPA at Disneyland across from the ride, and they couldn't keep either working consistently!

#6 11 years ago

the DMD on Elvis.
    image.jpgimage.jpg

#7 11 years ago

It seems ops have gotten used to just having Golden Tees and Big Buck Hunters in the routes. Pinball can be a lot of work in high traffic areas to maintain, yet I think locations should try to be different then just every location with just those two types of machines. Everywhere you go, all you see is the same games. Pinball is still played on location if their working and presented well. I have had several people approach me at the location where I route pinballs excited to see pinball in public.

#8 11 years ago

That Elvis was busted - in a different way - when I was there 2 years ago.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorry-state-of-pins-in-the-wild-disney-world and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.