New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 40714)

Sorry price check, whitewater WH2O pretty good condition

By MAJRob

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Pinphila
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Guys I need your help, this day and age (you all know what I mean) is $4k a good deal for this machine with no errors and very little wear? Sorry for the constant price check thread...just need some current knowledgable advise.

#2 7 years ago

You will get varying opinions, but I'm going to say that $4k is high for that title.

Wh20 was my first pin. Has sentimental value to me, and I would like to possibly have it back in my lineup at some point. But not if it takes $4k to do it, as it just isn't worth that much *to me*.

#3 7 years ago

Been chasing my tail trying to get one of these. Good luck, I hope you get it for a reasonable price!!

#4 7 years ago

That's high. If it was 3500 then we could talk aboot specific issues with it, but 4K is high.

#5 7 years ago

Way tooooooo high

#6 7 years ago

What machine?...no pics, condition?....4k may be too much or too little

#7 7 years ago

Hard to come by and have been climbing in price...they seem to be anywhere from 3-4000. One just sold last week on Pinside...a "players pin" for 3500.

#8 7 years ago

Bought one a year ago for $2500, but that was a year ago. And in Canada at that.

#9 7 years ago

Here's my take on it (for what little it's worth)

The price on these seems to have risen really fast. People complain that $4k is way too high but when one comes up on Pinside for $3,500 all the comments are "this should go fast!" or "you can get more". Both machines sold at $3,500 here on Pinside went fast. Both were really nice players machines. The last two on eBay went for around $4,250. Both had some playfield issues and cosmetic issues but had lots of new parts (boulders, ramps, etc).

If you can get one for $3,500 by all means, go for it. I thought it was a $3,500 pin too but apparenlty I'm wrong because they go for more than that in the open market. Based on my experience you're going to have a hard time finding one for that price in your area unless you get lucky. If it's $3,500 and out of your area, expect to pay about $4,000 anyway because you have to ship it.

All in all, condition and parts needed are everything and can justify jumps from the norm in either direction but it looks like a nice players machine is anywhere from $3,500 to $4,250 in this day and age, and I'd lean toward the $4,000 mark due to the prices brought at auction.

#10 7 years ago

sold 2 for 4k unshopped with pf wear of some kind in the past two months neither lasted more then a week..good luck

#11 7 years ago

Keep in mind that WH20 is one of the most difficult pins to find not played to death and most expensive pins to restore. Maybe a little less than that if unshopped.

Mike
www.HabosArcade.com

#12 7 years ago

Mmm, I would have thought that $4K was too high. But maybe I'm out of touch. I bought mine as a BIN on ebay about 15 months ago for $3K. Seemed a bit high-ish at the time, but I had been looking for a nice one for a while. Nice machine. Not perfect, but very nice. Included a very nice topper. I could have bought a topper-less WH20 in the $2,200 range in October, 2011. But I wanted one that had the topper. No regrets whatsoever on buying the WH20. Terrific game.
Hope this helps.

#13 7 years ago

Not that it is a fair comparison, I have a completely restored, new decals on cabinet, clear coated playfield, pretty much a 9.9/10 in every aspect. I wouldn't take less than $4K for mine, knowing I could probably get way more for its condition. I would expect a decent condition machine in the $3,500-$4,000 range. Title is really popular and rightfully so, it is an awesome game!

#14 7 years ago

I have a nice one with LEDs, no pf wear and a beautiful cabinet and I have been offered 4k numerous times. Typically people see it in a CL post for a different machine I am selling and offer money. Mine is not collector but its nice. I don't think 4k is crazy if it is in nice shape.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside