Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

F549A6BB-CF58-405C-A574-F0820EE236CB (resized).jpeg
#1 1 year ago

Just purchased a Rush LE from a flipper paying the most I ever have for a Stern pin. Even though I should have known better, I've had no experience purchasing a NIB from anyone other than an official distributor. This seller told me if I had any issues that "Him" and his distributor would handle any of my concerns. He swore Rush had NO known issues and the Node 10 problems were not real. Of course I've read the entire Rush thread before considering this purchase so his statement was a "Red Flag".
The day came when Geddy, Alex and Neil arrived at my house and I started (gingerly) tearing into my new pin box. Excitement soon turned to disappointment when the scoop repair and switch fix were NOT sent when flipper said that he'll include with my pin shipment. The deeper into unboxing I got, more things that a new pin owner doesn't want to see appear. Next was a nice large dent in the flat black lock down bar. There's no un-seeing that unsightly blemish. Bilateral bubbling of side art at both hinges. A dime sized nick in the wood of the cabinet in the shooter lane. And the icing, the ENTIRE playfield has SIGNIFICANT planking/ribbing. Not a smooth/flat spot to be found, at least it's a consistent f'd up texture. Just not what you expect for this costly purchase.
The first couple conversations with my flipper, he almost seemed as if he cared to help me find a resolution. He never reached out to me with an update nor informing of the effort that was being put fourth on my behalf. His tone quickly turned to annoyance with me inquiring if/when the rest of my parts would arrive and if he and his seller would facilitate the end to all this.
At this point I'm going to bat for myself with Stern, getting in line (like the rest of you) hopefully waiting to hear if they're going to honor my warranty.
Not inferring that all flippers have this care less attitude, but from my experience I must deduce this guy was only in it for the $$ and could have cared less about me or what he was selling. I will NEVER go the flipper route again, lesson learned!

#2 1 year ago

You’re last paragraph pretty much sums it up, they care about the money. Tell you anything you want/need to hear, and disappear as soon as the money’s in their hands.

Sorry to hear about your experience, a good example of why it’s usually a better transaction through a good/well known distributor. Someone that will actually back what they say.

#3 1 year ago

I'm a bit of a flipper, but I am the exact opposite. Thru trades I have got NIB games and sold them. I come right out and tell buyers I am not a distributor. I cant help if there are issues. We can unbox and examine it while they are here picking up, but once its gone I am done with it. I also tell them if they want to buy from a distributor I can give them a number to someone I highly recommend. Most appreciate my honesty.

#4 1 year ago

Why would anyone give a flipper any money?

I get it you make mistakes... But when you knew up front they were a flipper, you should have held the cash for a true second hand seller.

#5 1 year ago

When you want a NIB title that's been out for some time, options are limited.

#6 1 year ago

This sucks. Crazy that stern would use a PF like this in an LE. Do you have any pics? Sorry your dealing with this

#7 1 year ago

Learned this lesson on my first NIB, have opened any of my others yet.

#8 1 year ago

Stern had me send a video of the ball rolling around on playfield!? All the pics aren’t evidence enough?

F549A6BB-CF58-405C-A574-F0820EE236CB (resized).jpegF549A6BB-CF58-405C-A574-F0820EE236CB (resized).jpeg
#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Stern had me send a video of the ball rolling around on playfield!? All the pics aren’t evidence enough?
[quoted image]

Unfortunately this is pretty common with Stern playfields now.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

[quoted image]

That is some horrible planking. There was way less planking on my Stern Dracula a restored.

#11 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Yeah some of the Bond LE’s have horrible orange peel in the clear.

#12 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Wow. That's beyond aweful. Nice QC Stern!

#13 1 year ago

Regarding the PF I thought this would be another instance of someone having too high of expectations for a current gen playfield, but wow, that truly is bad planking.

Sorry you're having all these problems, but this is a risk you're taking buying a game that's "NIB" but not actually brand new from a distro. I don't think most of this can or should be blamed on the flipper.

#14 1 year ago

Who's the producer of the playfields? Do they make in house?

#15 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

This is very common and I have multiple games that look like this.

#16 1 year ago

Should retitle thread FU FLIPPERS lol
Sorry about this, but devil's advocate, he had no idea what was in that box either.

#17 1 year ago

And that's why I rarely buy NIB. Much better to buy a tuned up used machine, always.

#18 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

[quoted image]

If ball travel isn’t affected, they aren’t going to replace it most likely.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#19 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If ball travel isn’t affected, they aren’t going to replace it most likely.

Well, that’s just bullshit.

I mean that they wouldn’t. Not what you are saying.

#20 1 year ago

Stern will replace that pf, from past experience. I’ve seen them replace PF’s that are far less troubled. Just work with the distributor to get it done or directly with Stern. If the box had never been opened, the seller wouldn’t have known any of this, but should work with you to get replacement parts, especially if they made a profit on the sale.

#21 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

[quoted image]

Man! That looks bad on Stern... Keep us informed on how this progresses.

#22 1 year ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Stern will replace that pf, from past experience. I’ve seen them replace PF’s that are far less troubled. Just work with the distributor to get it done or directly with Stern. If the box had never been opened, the seller wouldn’t have known any of this, but should work with you to get replacement parts, especially if they made a profit on the sale.

I asked my flipper if I could speak/work directly with his distributor and he said they would not deal with me since my seller profited off the deal. Then only thing I received from my flipper in the end was the middle finger!

#23 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

I asked my flipper if I could speak/work directly with his distributor and he said they would not deal with me since my seller profited off the deal. Then only thing I received from my flipper in the end was the middle finger!

Hopefully Stern Will replace the PF.

#24 1 year ago

With the name of the thread title, I thought this was gonna be a JJP thread.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Hopefully Stern Will replace the PF.

Doubt it. They probably copied the language verbatim from the JJP's PF warranty. I'm sorry to say I have zero hope Stern will do a damn thing.

#26 1 year ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

[quoted image]

Obviously they're only concerned if it changes the ball's movement in any way. The planking is horseshit, but they wanna see if it somehow reacts differently to a... well... a nice playfield.

Sad that those are the standards deemed acceptable for them. I wonder how it will turn out.

#27 1 year ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Obviously they're only concerned if it changes the ball's movement in any way. Tha planking is horseshit, but they wanna see if it somehow reacts differently to a... well... a nice playfield.
Sad that those are the standards deemed acceptable for them. I wonder how it will turn out.

Not only is it aesthetically unappealing you can appreciate the texture with your finger. It's mind blowing for any manufacturer to force the thought that this is acceptable craftsmanship.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Led
Gameroom Mods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 27.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 35.00
10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorry-flippers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.