Sorcerer weak drop target coil

By CalibrunKnight

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

Hey Pinside,

I'm looking for some help with a new issue on my Sorcerer machine. Recently during a game, after a drop target was triggered, the machine failed to reset the drop targets. If one gets dropped, the coil is able to reset properly. But if 2 or all 3 drop, it cant completely lift the bracket and reset the targets.

I've taken apart the assembly and cleaned everything. Made sure it wasnt catching or scraping. That seemed to work for about a week before the issue started again. I'm thinking the coil isnt getting enough voltage given it can produce enough force to reset one target.

I've been cruising through the web for a decent guide on to how to diagnose the issue but I havent had much luck locating a quality walk through.

Thanks for the advise in advance.

8 months later
#2 4 years ago
Quoted from CalibrunKnight:

Hey Pinside,
I'm looking for some help with a new issue on my Sorcerer machine. Recently during a game, after a drop target was triggered, the machine failed to reset the drop targets. If one gets dropped, the coil is able to reset properly. But if 2 or all 3 drop, it cant completely lift the bracket and reset the targets.
I've taken apart the assembly and cleaned everything. Made sure it wasnt catching or scraping. That seemed to work for about a week before the issue started again. I'm thinking the coil isnt getting enough voltage given it can produce enough force to reset one target.
I've been cruising through the web for a decent guide on to how to diagnose the issue but I havent had much luck locating a quality walk through.
Thanks for the advise in advance.

Have you tried replacing the 2 1/2 amp slow blow (MDL) solenoid fuse in the backbox?

#3 4 years ago

If nothing is slipping, binding or worn. And the drop springs are good. check the coil ohms with a multimeter. And the coil diode if the coil has one.

#4 4 years ago

I ended up taking it all apart once more and changing out a few parts with spare that I had. Haven't had an issue with it sense, but now I'm encountering a weak left flipper. Still have to run through a few tests to diagnose whats going on there. Just need find the time....
Anyways thanks for the input. I'm gonna see if either of these suggestions apply to the flipper issue when I have a chance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorcerer-weak-drop-target-coil?hl=calibrunknight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.