(Topic ID: 140710)

Sorcerer Stuck right kicker

By twisty4678

8 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hello- I have a sorcerer that has a right kicker coil that stays on when in game or in the diagnostic menu. Neither of the kicker switches are touching. I tested the corresponding transistors and they measured ok. The coil stops when I remove ij19. Is there an easy way to diagnose if this is a board or playfield problem? Thanks!

Edit: did more testing, grounding the transistor in attract does make the coil fire, so wouldn't that have to indicate a switch grounding problem? Or could it still be a board problem, such as a logic chip?

#2 8 years ago

Further testing- coil locked even with ij18 (special solenoid switches) removed. That would have to indicate a board problem correct? I'm suspecting u6. If this is correct, what would cause a logic chip to go bad and is there potentially another problem somewhere? Should I be checking any other logic chips?

#3 8 years ago

Update- replacing u6 did not help

#4 8 years ago

Aaannnnd u7 replacement fixed it some closure and hopefully helpful for future sorcerer owners!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorcerer-stuck-right-kicker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.