• 4 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by fosaisu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

Working on a Sorcerer.

Not sure how this is 'supposed' to work, so I'm posting some questions here.

If I hit SW2, it plays all the sound and speech, as detailed in page 11 of the manual, start to finish.

If I go into diagnostics and run the sound diagnostic test, it only has speech on test 05, and it only says 2 of the 3 words that are supposed to be on U4 - it says 'Feel My', but never says power. It never says the other words.

I faintly hear some background music during 00-04, but I'm not sure how this is supposed to work.

I probed the PIA, and ran Leon's Sys 9 test ROM, and it seems to be giving the right outputs.

I had another speech board, threw it in the game, same behavior.

Any thoughts?

#2 10 years ago

Anybody? Any suggestions are appreciated..

#3 10 years ago

Something I should've done a couple hours of troubleshooting ago...

Fired sorcerer up in Pinmame, and sure enough, it only says 'Feel My' - it doesn't say the rest of the phrases.

So, my sound and speech *are* working correctly! Although, some of the sounds aren't as loud and clear in the game as they are in pinmame.

1 year later
#4 8 years ago

Thanks for posting this, was just messing around in my settings and notice the same issue with the sound test when everything seemed to be working fine in-game. Glad to hear that's "normal" (and certainly better than the alternative of everything work in test mode but not during gameplay!)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorcerer-sound-speech-test and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.