Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by RGarriott
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Hello, looking for some advice, I have no sound on my game. Right now I have the speech board disconnected and the W10 jumper wired in. I have replaced all the caps, I switched U11 and U17 and found that the U11 AMI chip was bad so I put a new one in there, replaced U48, U50, U12. Game boots and is playable but no sound. I checked that the amp is working at U47, it hums when touched and when the volume pot is turned up. Im basically buying and going to install the last 4 chips for that section but wondering what testing i can do other wise. Thanks

3 weeks later
#2 1 year ago

I have now replaced pretty much all chips associated with the sound section. All new game and sound rom. New U13.

I changed out U13 because when i probed the address lines from U48 which are 10-17 I get nothing. I also get nothing from U48 5-12.

#3 1 year ago

I had a game with no sound not sure if it was a system 9 or 7 but I changed out all the capacitors and the sound came alive. If that is any help.

#4 1 year ago

Got a solid 12 volts at the power supply?

#5 1 year ago

1J17 on pin 8 I get about -10v on the -12v unreg and pin 9 I get 13.8 v on the +12v unreg.

#6 1 year ago

Just wondering, should i get a tone when I probe U48 Pins 5-12 that link up with U13 Pins 10-17?

1 week later
#8 1 year ago

have you ohmed out the ribbon cable that joins the sound board to the cpu? Check you have zero ohms/continuity on both connectors.

have you checked the boards for any dry joints?

#9 1 year ago
Quoted from Rikoshay:

have you ohmed out the ribbon cable that joins the sound board to the cpu? Check you have zero ohms/continuity on both connectors.
have you checked the boards for any dry joints?

I have the speech board disconnected for right now. I have w10 jumper installed just trying to get game sounds then i will move on to the speech board.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorcerer-sound-issue and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.