(Topic ID: 175251)

Sorcerer sound help needed ( solved)

By rottenrobert1313

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedefog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 7 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

I've done a search but couldn't find anything with the same issue that I'm having. I posted in the Sorcerer club thread but wanted to try here too.
Copied from sorcerer thread:
Sometimes when I fire up a game I have sound. Other times no sound. When playing a game without the sound somtimes it comes on all of a sudden. Then I'll continue to play. So it's got me thinking it's a cold solder joint because when it's not working as it should, I can faintly hear the sounds coming from the back box. So it has the sounds but sometimes they just aren't getting to the speakers. Any suggestions?
Thanks

Sounds like just a volume pot issue. Check the wires on the lugs of the volume control, make sure the lugs and exposed wires aren't bent or touching each other. And does turning the volume knob back and forth make the sound re-appear when it goes out?

2 weeks later
#5 7 years ago
Quoted from rottenrobert1313:

Everything on the pot looks good. And when I turn it up and down I can hear the speakers get louder and quieter. But very very faintly I can hear the sounds coming from the back box. Every now and then I can hear a popping sound. Like it wants to work but won't. Is there an amp or something on the boards that could be at fault?

Your amplifier & pot connection is probably fine if you can hear the white noise get louder/softer as you turn the pot. It could be a cold solder joint on a connector pin, like 1J15 where the speaker connects, or just a cruddy connector. Check the connections at the speakers as well.

With no external sound board on Sorcerer (minus the speech board), there are no interconnections that could be causing an issue. The mixing of the speech & CPU based sound is done right on the MPU, so as long as your pot connection and speaker connection is solid, you should have sound output.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thedefog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorcerer-sound-help-needed?tu=thedefog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.