Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

sor5.jpg
sor4.jpg
sor3.jpg
sor2.jpg
sor1.jpg

#1 8 years ago

Got a line on a nice Sorcerer. Works perfectly, boards have just been gone through. Re-rubbered a few months ago. Cabinet is in nice condition, showing some wear but no major scrapes or gouges. Backglass looks perfect. No real wear on playfield but it has its share of swirl marks and needs some M.E. attention, also it's showing a little planking. Plastics are fine except for the usual broken one in the middle of the playfield. All lamps are bulbs, not LEDs.

sor1.jpg sor2.jpg sor3.jpg sor4.jpg sor5.jpg

#2 8 years ago

Sorcerer is starting to get some much deserved attention.
Based on the images and your comments I'd think between $800 and $1000.
If you do buy it I recommend LEDs in the inserts and backglass.
Keep the rest of the GI incandescent. They look best under the plastics.

#3 8 years ago

Moved to buying and selling advice sub forum.

#4 8 years ago

Thanks, I realized I put it in the wrong section as soon as I hit "post".

So, the 1600 asking price for this table is kinda out of line I'm guessing? Plus it would be a 400-mi drive (each way) to pick up.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Thanks, I realized I put it in the wrong section as soon as I hit "post".
So, the 1600 asking price for this table is kinda out of line I'm guessing? Plus it would be a 400-mi drive (each way) to pick up.

Yea, the $1,600 seems high unless it is a prototype version without planking. This game is on the upswing in being in demand (I've had one with a top restorer for awhile waiting to get a full work over) but I think Ranhorton hit the nail on the head with the ceiling of what you should pay.

#6 8 years ago

2 years ago I paid around $1500 for my sorcerer that was fully shopped. Plus it has a NOS CPU board, new pinscore power board, new Rottendog displays, full LEDs and the playfield was touched up and clearcoated by an auto shop.
$1600 sounds high to me but condition is king.
I'd try and get some pics of the boards, backside of the backglass, under the playfield, and some clear photos of the playfield with good lighting so you can really see the condition of the table.

Sorcerer is very tough to find in decent shape so if this one is really in nice shape I'd think $1200 is as high as you would want to go.

#7 8 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

So, the 1600 asking price for this table is kinda out of line I'm guessing?

After what I've spent on mine so far this price seems very reasonable . But I think Ranhorton is right on with $800-$1000 . If the playfield were nicer it could be worth a decent amount more because nice playfields in this game are hard to find . The playfield in the pics you posted is not too bad , Mine was much worse . I spent $700 to have my playfield redone .

#8 8 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

If the playfield were nicer it could be worth a decent amount more because nice playfields in this game are hard to find.

So true. So true.
I hope someone (hint hint- CPR) makes a new playfield someday.

#9 8 years ago

I've got about twice that asking price into mine...but it's a similar story to trilogy. I bought mine in similar condition to what you're looking at for $1k

#10 8 years ago

So, whats the word jibmums? Did you score the machine?

#11 8 years ago

His pricing is way off.
$800-$1000.
-mof

#12 8 years ago

Yeah, I sold a really nice one 3 months ago for 1K.

#13 8 years ago

Nope, I decided the planking was a deal breaker. If I'm going to wind up sending the playfield to Canada for a restoration anyway, I might as well wait for one that's a little more reasonable in price. Unfortunately, while I was waiting for the seller to come back from vacation to send me pix of the machine, I passed on another Sorcerer in similar condition but fully LED'd for 1000. Woulda had to have it shipped but even then I'd still be ahead. Ah well. I still really REALLY want one of these though, it's my alltime favorite table; maybe its time to bump my WTB post.

I did come across another table this morning, a Nitro Ground Shaker, see new post.

#14 8 years ago

There was a nice one on Chicago cl for $1k and the guy still hadn't sold it after 3-4 weeks.

#15 8 years ago

If it's the same guy whose ad I read, he was a real ballbuster about selling it.... only wanted to deal with someone local, and didn't even consider 2 hours away as local.... didn't want to send out photos of his table, didn't return phone calls, etc. He definitely wasn't going to pack and ship a table.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

If it's the same guy whose ad I read, he was a real ballbuster about selling it.... only wanted to deal with someone local, and didn't even consider 2 hours away as local.... didn't want to send out photos of his table, didn't return phone calls, etc. He definitely wasn't going to pack and ship a table.

Same deal here. I got pics three weeks later after the first guy backed out and I was too put off to deal with it at that point. Game looked nice, I had a helper and free time to get it and I just said "screw it". Lol.

#17 8 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

Ah well. I still really REALLY want one of these though, it's my alltime favorite table; maybe its time to bump my WTB post.

I'm going to move this from the buying and selling advice sub forum to the market place sub forum for you now. Consider putting a WTB out in the market place itself so you appear on the pinmap. Good luck!!!

#18 8 years ago

No need to move this post, I have a Sorcerer WTB there already! That's what I meant when I said I have to bump it.

#19 8 years ago
Quoted from jibmums:

No need to move this post, I have a Sorcerer WTB there already! That's what I meant when I said I have to bump it.

LOL, gotcha. Moved back to buying/selling advice.

#20 8 years ago

These do not come along often so the suggestions of price at no more than $1000 isn't really valid in my humble opinion.
I have a very nice example. Playfield has some imperfections but it shows extremely well after my touch ups. Game plays flawlessly.
Since there weren't many made, not many available, and few good examples out there why is $1500 out of the question. If you want it you may have to pay for it.
I'll tell you, I wouldn't part with mine for less than $1600. No way.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside