Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by uofmer
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Im new to the SS pins and still reading up on the Sys 9 also but having trouble diagnosing an issue. Pin worked fine when purchased but started having an issue where the drop targets wouldn't score when all 3 were hit, the timer would just run out and reset all 3 targets. Tested each target and the game recognizes each target when dropped by itself. At the same time the game will identify when the first ball sits in the multi ball trap but when the second ball lands there it doesn't and the balls get stuck waiting for multi-ball mode. Around that time I did change out the batteries and reset to factory settings but doubtful that was the cause.

I appreciate any help and advice you all give me.

Thank you
-Newb SS pin guy (Ben)

#2 2 years ago

Looks like the drop target switches and the multiball switches are all on column 5 of the switch matrix. They are all connected by a green-black wire, inspect the switches under the playfield to make sure the string isn't broken. Also make sure the diodes are all present on the switches, and not touching other tabs on each switch.

#3 2 years ago

Will start there, thanks!

#4 2 years ago

Sorcerer was my first pin I got going... still a great game! gutz has the right answer, but in the future you can run the diagnostics on the game using the switches on the coin door and it will report any stuck switches and you can manually activate each switch to see if it is recognized. I use that when I need to adjust the contacts or after cleaning the playfield just to make sure all is well.

have fun!

#5 2 years ago

Thanks for the help guys! Checked the switches and all were good, wiring also. then went to CPU and ran a test and all was good. From there I checked the switches in diagnostic settings and was again working. Long story short everything was functional except when certain situations happened. While in the back I checked to see if my batteries were dead and they were not. Ended up putting it back together and reset game back to factory settings and it was working again. Could this have been possible bad battery connection? Or was resetting back to factory maybe? Today was a great day to learn more about it and the system 9 pins. Thanks again for the help! Now to hunt down why my column of lights are out!!!

#6 2 years ago

i think you must of wiggled something and got the connection good. Kind of like the Christmas tree lights when one bulb gets loose, you just have to start wiggling the harness, connectors etc and see if it comes back (or gets worse!)

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside