• Latest reply 7 months ago by Howdog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 7 months ago

Looking to replace my bumper top caps on my Williams Sorcerer. I don't believe you can get the original caps so just wonder what else fits? Will the Williams High Speed caps fit? Any suggestions? Thanks!

#2 7 months ago

The High Speed caps have the mounting holes on the left and right, Sorcerer caps have the holes on the top and bottom. The Williams 'W' would be sideways.
I believe Pinball Resource sells plain red Williams caps.

#3 7 months ago

Yup, the HS caps would be sideways.

Unfortunately, the sorcerer caps are unobtainable. You might get lucky and spot used spares on ebay. Or, you can try putting up a WTB ad in the pinside marketplace. Maybe you'll get lucky.

If you're really stuck and just need something to cover up a missing cap, maybe a plain red cap, or possibly a space shuttle, laser cue, or black knight pop bumper cap. They're be wrong for the game, but it might just be better than nothing.

#4 7 months ago

Can you get a replacement blank cap and use the metal-mods decal? https://www.metal-mods.com/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5 7 months ago

Steve at Pinball Resource makes all of the pop bumper caps and drop targets on his site. I’ve seen many people looking for new Sorcerer caps over the years. Try calling him and asking him to make these. If he does they’ll be on Marco’s site within a month with a dramatic increase in price.

#6 7 months ago

I wonder if the original stamping dies are kicking around somewhere, or if they were lost or unusable.

#7 7 months ago

I believe laser ball? Is almost exactally the same.

#8 7 months ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I believe laser ball? Is almost exactally the same.

Yup, looks like they're the same. I never noticed that.

#9 7 months ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

Yup, looks like they're the same. I never noticed that.

Thats how i scored a set. Sorcerer are unobtainium, laser ball can be found. Not exact, but the small differences no one will notice

#10 7 months ago

This is all good information, I'll look into my options. Thanks everyone!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Las Vegas, NV
$ 22.50
Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 25.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.