You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

5A6E517F-238E-4E08-AAD4-8365858FB3C3 (resized).jpeg
F74437C3-1EE7-4388-87A9-14851FDA0A7C (resized).jpeg
246A919B-5365-4F28-91D0-B4E12E251097 (resized).jpeg
B84FB164-9501-4974-9CD9-5EDF51BA72C6 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newmanoconnor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 7 years ago

I replaced my 63 flashers with #63 LEDs and they are staying on...

Any ideas?

#3 7 years ago

Thanks Cheddar I thought you only had to do that for the #89's

Though I guess that makes sense cut the 330ohm only.. for the 89's remove both... I think. I need to check the voltages and make sure...

#5 7 years ago

GRUMPY thanks, I would need to wire #89's in Parallel correct. I've got 13.5V on the lamp circuit which is why the 7v #63's are in series correct?

thanks for your help.

#7 7 years ago

GRUMPY I've disconnected the 330ohm resistor via the ground wire. The flashers work in test mode but not in game activation. I.e. Spelling sorcerer.

I was incorrect there is 36vdc on the lamp circuit.

Do all the flashers have to be replaced with LEDs for this to work?

I replaced both pair in the play field and they work fine... The dragon eyes flashers in backglass won't fire even if I put back the ground wire and use regular bulbs in play. It will fire in test mode in any combo.

#9 7 years ago

GRUMPY thank you. I'm wondering if it's the transistor on the driver section of the board. Is that possible?

I didn't have time to test tonite.

Could be roms I guess, they are original. L1, but I don't have any issue otherwise and I swear it worked before swapping to LEDs tonite.

#11 7 years ago

I don't really have a way to test the roms.. before I buy new ones, how could I test if it's an input issue? I don't really understand what you mean there. Sorry for my ignorance, and thanks again for all the help.

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from GRUMPY:

Well there are instructions in the ROMs telling the CPUs if this switch then turn on this bulb and add X points. For solenoid #7 to be turned on by the Pia chip there has to be a switch input or a combination of switches that need to be hit in the proper order for the CPU to tell the Pia chip to send an output to the TIP to turn on the bulbs. U-15 Pia chip looks for switch inputs then transmits this info on the data lines for the CPU chip.

OK, sorry to have made you explain that.

I've been looking at getting new ROMs since mine are L1 anyway. Its a place to start. Im not sure im up to reprogramming them now.

Thanks.

#15 7 years ago

@Grumpy, I'm. It not sure if I have or not.

I've run all the basic diagnostic tests 1-4 in the manual. I'll look that up tonight.

#16 7 years ago

I was doing the solenoid test, I've done the switch test, both pass.

I decided to wiggle the Idc connectors, it started working.

Guess I know how to fix that!

Thanks guys

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 749.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Ogden, UT
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 22.50
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider newmanoconnor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sorcerer-63-led-alaways-on?tu=newmanoconnor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.