Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I have a route sopranos I’m fixing, I put a new cpu board, moved the chips over. Game functions and I can play now, but when I go into the service menu, I can navigate and such but I cannot change any setting. The black button (right) just doesn’t do anything neither does the start button, to change, however if I go to a exit or next it works just fine, so it isn’t the button itself, but maybe there is a update on the board or dip switch?

#2 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I have a route sopranos I’m fixing, I put a new cpu board, moved the chips over. Game functions and I can play now, but when I go into the service menu, I can navigate and such but I cannot change any setting. The black button (right) just doesn’t do anything neither does the start button, to change, however if I go to a exit or next it works just fine, so it isn’t the button itself, but maybe there is a update on the board or dip switch?

The black button is Enter, not Right. Red is left, Green is Right, Black is Enter.

If you know that and that's not it, maybe you're off a column when you plugged everything back in to the new CPU board? Check the connections at CN5 and CN7 carefully and reseat if necessary.

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The black button is Enter, not Right. Red is left, Green is Right, Black is Enter.
If you know that and that's not it, maybe you're off a column when you plugged everything back in to the new CPU board? Check the connections at CN5 and CN7 carefully and reseat if necessary.

Ah, sorry I mean the black button is the right most button. I can enter and scroll through settings, and exit no issue with the black button used for enter. I just cannot make a change on any adjustment, it’s like I’m locked out. Was curious if there was a lockout an operator would use.

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ah, sorry I mean the black button is the right most button. I can enter and scroll through settings, and exit no issue with the black button used for enter. I just cannot make a change on any adjustment, it’s like I’m locked out. Was curious if there was a lockout an operator would use.

So when you get to the adjustment you want to change on screen, pressing the black button does not put you in edit mode that lets you change that setting?

So from the top level menu when you first open the PORTALS menu, you hit green green to highlight ADJ (adjustments) then press black. Then on the adjustments menu, you press green once to move to "feature adjustments" and press black. That will put you on the first feature (adult content enabled). Hit black again to edit that feature and use the green button to move through the choices until you find the one you want. That sequence doesn't work?

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Check the interlock switch. If that is not disengaging properly you cannot make adjustments.

#6 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

So when you get to the adjustment you want to change on screen, pressing the black button does not put you in edit mode that lets you change that setting?
So from the top level menu when you first open the PORTALS menu, you hit green green to highlight ADJ (adjustments) then press black. Then on the adjustments menu, you press green once to move to "feature adjustments" and press black. That will put you on the first feature (adult content enabled). Hit black again to edit that feature and use the green button to move through the choices until you find the one you want. That sequence doesn't work?

Correct, that does not work. Really odd.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Check the interlock switch. If that is not disengaging properly you cannot make adjustments.

Ahh mm, ok. So this has a dollar acceptor so they moved the two white interlock/door switches to the side of the cabinet. I may of not pulled one or both.

#7 5 years ago

Do you get the interlock disabled message when you open the coin door?

#8 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Do you get the interlock disabled message when you open the coin door?

Errr can’t remember, since my games are all “normal”, however now that you mention it. I don’t remember the 20/50v disabled when I tried to make changes.

I had opened the door and pulled the interlock one time, but I think it was to before play test as the ball wouldn’t eject to the shooter lane. Then I put them back and played a game. After the test game worked I went to make changes like enable bill validater and then it wouldn’t edit. So I bet that time I didn’t pull the interlock.

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Errr can’t remember, since my games are all “normal”, however now that you mention it. I don’t remember the 20/50v disabled when I tried to make changes.
I had opened the door and pulled the interlock one time, but I think it was to before play test as the ball wouldn’t eject to the shooter lane. Then I put them back and played a game. After the test game worked I went to make changes like enable bill validater and then it wouldn’t edit. So I bet that time I didn’t pull the interlock.

Did you solve this issue?

#10 5 years ago

I haven’t been back to the bar yet. And the next night I got a text asking where the keys were.....so I hope the owner found the keys. I need to check in.

#11 5 years ago

Any battery alkaline damage on the MPU, especially to the left of the battery pack? That is where the switch inputs come into the MPU from the playfield/cabinet.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Any battery alkaline damage on the MPU, especially to the left of the battery pack? That is where the switch inputs come into the MPU from the playfield/cabinet.

Looked clean, and I just put a brand new cpu board in.... so I’ll check switch plug and the interlocks being pulled. The dollar acceptor moved the interlocks to the cab so now I don’t remember if I had them pulled or not.... ugh route games :-p

3 weeks later
#13 5 years ago

I moved the interlocks around and got the menu to work, however the coin door buttons were a tad finicky or slow. But I enabled bill collector etc.

Thanks for the help/tips!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sopranos-service-menu-cant-change- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.