You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ALL_Right.gif
Sopranos_.jpg
Sopranos.jpg

#1 12 years ago

Does anyone Here Own this Pin, and what's a Fair Price to offer as it Need's to be Shop'd ?

Also , Is it a Good Pin to Play ? Rate's a 7.6 on IPDB ...

When i played it , I Don't rem- the F-word being used this much , Curse rom added i guess..

Sopranos.jpgSopranos.jpg Sopranos_.jpgSopranos_.jpg

#2 12 years ago

I really Like playing it, its a fun pin 2000-2500 Avg is what I have seen them going for in good/great shape.

#3 12 years ago

always thought it was decent and wouldn't mind owning one for the right price. That cruse rom is stupid...all you hear is th curse after curse

#4 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

I Don't rem- the F-word being used this much , Curse rom added i guess..

I think it can be turned on/off thru the settings? As far as game play, I've never had the chance but really want to.

If you do get it, you gotta get the nude pole dancers from Back Alley Creations when they come out. http://www.backalleycreations.com/bac%20main%20frame%20page.htm

#5 12 years ago

Out of the 29 games I've rated on Pinside, Sopranos ranks #29. It's one of the few pins I can think of that I just don't like at all.

#6 12 years ago
Quoted from Snurdley:

BLACK_ROSE said:I Don't rem- the F-word being used this much , Curse rom added i guess..

I think it can be turned on/off thru the settings? As far as game play, I've never had the chance but really want to.

The normal Rom you can turn On Off Or Moderate for adult mode. Dunno on the curse rom though

#7 12 years ago

I haven't gotten enough time with it. I don't see a lot of problems with it, but I don't hear a lot of people saying a whole lot of good things about it. It's my favorite show of all time, it would be a cool machine to own if it plays well long-term.

#8 12 years ago

I went into and read all the comments on the pinside ratings for it. I didn't do an official count but just by reading it seems like it's almost 50/50, half like it half don't.

Some think it's cheaply made, some hate the sound call outs, some love the tv show but hate the pin, others like the game, had fun with the game, etc. If you watch the video that BR posted there is ALOT of the f-word being thrown out, like every other thing the ball hits is F, F, F, F....it's over the top F'ing going on there.

It's funny that you posted this one BR because with my 2nd pin coming in tomorrow I've been thinking about what #3's gonna be, this is the one that comes to mind. I love the HBO series, and I've been watching it every morning on A&E channel. I might change my mind on what number #3's gonna be, but this one is in contention for that slot. This, or Lost in Space.

#9 12 years ago

Enjoyable without being spectacular pretty much sums it up. Fun game, not too difficult, fairly straight forward to rack up big scores.

#10 12 years ago

One of my favorites and will never be leaving since it took a few years to track down a mint one. The safe is one of the neatest interactive toys I seen on a pinball machine. Gomez designed it and it has a LOTR/MB type of feel with the shot layout. Not the deepest or most difficult game so hard core players tend to not like it, but if you are a fan of the show like I am then it's a keeper. You'll be lucky to find a HUO for under 3k and most nice ones are between $2500-$3000. You might be able to find a routed one for under $2500, but will likely have flipper button wear and possibly issues with the safe. The profanity has 3 levels as JJ mentioned so can be adjusted to your liking. I prefer the middle level because it still has swearing but is not over the top.

#11 12 years ago

I like it. There's one at the arcade in town. You can set it for adult or non-adult mode in the game settings to stop all the f-bombs.

#12 12 years ago

I don't like the overall game, it's the last one I play when I go to gameworks. The only neat part is the safe that cracks open

#13 12 years ago

One of the arcades I go to just got rid of it. They have SM, IM, TZ, SS, Tron, and a couple others. They said Sopranos was getting the axe because it was the lowest earner and they needed a slot for TSPP. Too bad, I really like it.

#14 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

, Curse rom added i guess..

That is the standard ROM, there is an option to turn off the swearing. I owned the game, I sold it for 3k, but it was HUO, and perfect. Didn't have legs in my collection, just got annoying quick.

#15 12 years ago

Honestly,Sopranos is a very good game and is very underrated,The latest roms take care of the annoying little issues and the game is more enjoyable.The main objective is to reach Boss and is not really an easy task if the settings are set right,You must complete ALL the tasks or you will not complete/become Boss.You need to understand the game and know what is going on to really enjoy it.To me the game is more about objectives than about scoring points that's what I like about it.
I've had mine since 2005 Brand New HUO.I really like it and who wouldnt like Mobsters

HUO is going around 3-3.2k and routed around 2.5 or 2.7k BTW,The game can be set at 3 different settings for the cursing and one of them is no cursing at all Family setting.

#16 12 years ago

The best part is, Gomez actually forgot he designed this pin when asked about it!
We have one at the local pizza spot.
Not too shabby like pinmike stated- it really is all about the objectives to make this pin fun.
Thank goodness they got rid of the gimpy FG that was there before.
I will push for an AC/DC next time I'm in...

#17 12 years ago

Sopranos is one of the better Sterns. That safe seemed to break often though.

#18 12 years ago
Quoted from teachp8:

Enjoyable without being spectacular pretty much sums it up. Fun game, not too difficult, fairly straight forward to rack up big scores.

This....

#19 12 years ago

Sound's like IPDB Here also ,, 50/50 .. There's a Sopranos 4-Sale on C.list in Raleigh, NC . I've talked with the Owner.. He Paid a Whopp-n $ 4800.00 for it from a Arcade Shop in Raleigh . I told him they saw him coming ,, He's owned it for 2 yr's and want's to sell it.. There is NO Way i would pay that much, he said make me an Offer , I said " Man, my offer is gonna hurt yr feeling's "

I offered him $ 2500.00 due to the Reason i know it Need's Shop'd ( as a rule of Thumb , they all do )
We talked for a Good while , 3000 were made in 05 ( like his ) and 300 in 06 etc... bla ,bla ,

The Lowest he would go was $ 3800.00 .. Here's his Add .. Real Nice guy on the Phone too ,

raleigh.craigslist.org link

#20 12 years ago
Quoted from Gexchange:

I really Like playing it, its a fun pin 2000-2500 Avg is what I have seen them going for in good/great shape.

Is that what you sell them for? Or what you buy them for? And there has not been a 2 k sopranos in 4 years unless it was a boat anchor. What are you basing your pricing on?

#21 12 years ago

I think I'd walk away from that one BR. You made a reasonable offer if you want to be able to cover your time, gas, and parts after shopping it out. I've played it a few times. Thought it was okay, but I've never seen the show and the theme does nothing for me.

Like others have said, those are the normal ROMS. You have to turn the swearing down or off in the settings.

#22 12 years ago

I always enjoy playing the Sopranos. Very good player!

#23 12 years ago

good earner!! (not talking about the pin itself, good earner is one of the levels)

I like this machine. Getting multiball is not too difficult and its satisfying to play.

Toodle-Ooo !

#24 12 years ago

I've never seen an episode, but I love the pin. It was my first and I've had it now for about 4 years. I've replaced two bulbs and waxed it, but otherwise it's been my most dependable machine. Oddly enough, it and Tron compete for the most play time when friends come over. I like the shakedown at the pop bumpers and the orgasmic Super Jackpot earned at the boat. Even with the most family friendly setting it's a fairly adult theme, you can't adjust away the girls dancing on the poles, so I wouldn't play it around small children.

#25 12 years ago
Quoted from taz:

you can't adjust away the girls dancing on the poles, so I wouldn't play it around small children.

You could always uses these:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1380&parent=202

#26 12 years ago

Now those Are Modest enough !! ALL_Right.gifALL_Right.gif

#27 12 years ago
Quoted from BLACK_ROSE:

Does anyone Here Own this Pin, and what's a Fair Price to offer as it Need's to be Shop'd ?
Also , Is it a Good Pin to Play ? Rate's a 7.6 on IPDB ...
When i played it , I Don't rem- the F-word being used this much , Curse rom added i guess..
» YouTube video

Attachments Sopranos_.jpg (13.3 KB, 0 downloads) 1 day old Sopranos.jpg (2 KB, 0 downloads) 1 day old

Game is awesome, great fan layout from Gomez and nice rules from Lyman.
The ROM is not different. It came that way. You change it in the options menu Adult. There are 3 settings.

There is the "Gimme the Fucking money" in the pops.
There is a FUCK mode with all switch hits saying the word and giving you some DMD animations.
Also a nice quote saying "he had a case of fuck-faceitis" which is funny.
There may be some others but that's what I remember. I love the game and it's a keeper for me.

It's hard to find, seem to bring average 2800-3500 depending on condition. None for sale in the midwest.

#28 12 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

"he had a case of fuck-faceitis"

Haha!! Yes that is funny

#29 12 years ago
Quoted from pinmike:

Haha!! Yes that is funny

Make that +2

1 year later
#30 10 years ago

Scored a HUO one for $2800 recently. I like this pin a lot, and not just because it throws out a lot of F-bombs (although this earns it a lot of points). Better than I liked AFM and ST:TNG, actually. Maybe I'm just not a "serious" pinhead. Oh well, I like it and it's not leaving for a while.

Every Stern I own has been virtually bulletproof, so I'm not sure why people bitch about quality. Of course they are all HUO too. To bad the new ones are priced out of my range.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from GoneFishinLvMsg:

Scored a HUO one for $2800 recently. I like this pin a lot, and not just because it throws out a lot of F-bombs (although this earns it a lot of points). Better than I liked AFM and ST:TNG, actually. Maybe I'm just not a "serious" pinhead. Oh well, I like it and it's not leaving for a while.
Every Stern I own has been virtually bulletproof, so I'm not sure why people bitch about quality. Of course they are all HUO too. To bad the new ones are priced out of my range.

Score!
My last pin to go here

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I love the game and it's a keeper for me.

Jason, with a collection of 90 pins, looks like theyre all keepers.
One can only be so lucky.

#33 10 years ago

Just picked one up recently too. Really loving it!

#34 10 years ago

i had one, easy game, pretty much LOTR but not as good, i enjoyed it but have a LOTR and a friend really wanted one, i sold it probably 1.5 years ago for 3k

#35 10 years ago

forgot to ad, mine was routed, i put the button cover style rails over the cab wear and it looked great

#36 10 years ago

Has anyone ever beat the boss mode?
I can get there but the wizard mode looks monstrous

#37 10 years ago

yes, the boss mode is not hard at all, the game that's kicking my rear right now is WPT, i picked one up to flip and fell in love with it, have a Metallica and barely play it, WPT just hands my rear to me every time

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from Profgrif:

i had one, easy game, pretty much LOTR but not as good, i enjoyed it but have a LOTR and a friend really wanted one, i sold it probably 1.5 years ago for 3k

Funny, I have a LOTR-LE on loan from a friend and don't really care for it much.

#39 10 years ago

lol.. never heard one curse that much before.. kinda sounds like the sound is glitched or something

#40 10 years ago

Does Sopranos have a setting to turn off the swearing?

I wouldn't mind picking one up, but with a 5 and 7 year old, I'd want to be able to play it when they're awake.

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from kid_ego:

Does Sopranos have a setting to turn off the swearing?
I wouldn't mind picking one up, but with a 5 and 7 year old, I'd want to be able to play it when they're awake.

Yes there is three levels of swearing to modest.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sopranos-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.