(Topic ID: 127332)

Sopranos owners club! (members only) Where's the $*#$@! money?

By GoBlue

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,200 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 38 hours ago by DK
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7631 (resized).jpg
IMG_7630 (resized).jpg
IMG_7629 (resized).jpg
IMG_7627 (resized).jpg
IMG_7628 (resized).jpg
IMG_7626 (resized).jpg
IMG_7625 (resized).jpg
IMG_7624 (resized).jpg
IMG_7621 (resized).jpg
IMG_7623 (resized).jpg
IMG_7622 (resized).jpg
IMG_4323 (resized).jpeg
20240106_174232.jpg
20240106_174249.jpg
20240106_122537 (resized).jpg
IMG_4208 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider okgrak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#615 4 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

For those of you that have done the nvram upgrade on this to be able to remove the batteries I was wondering if you could provide me with some help. I've located the chip that needs removed but I've tried to pull it out and it's pretty hard. Wondering if it's just a matter of pulling harder or if there is something I'm missing?[quoted image]

https://www.amazon.com/a13032100ux0040-Anti-Static-Motherboard-Circuit-Extractor/dp/B00CQI99K6/ref=mp_s_a_1_4

I have one of these and it works great. Don’t even try with a flat head or other. This will put even pressure on both sides of chip.

Oh, and make sure you line up pin 1 of the nvram chip properly. The magic smoke never lies.

1 week later
#625 4 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

What's the procedure in installing the NV Ram as I'm doing mine this weekend?
I'm guessing it's just a matter of pulling the batteries out and pulling the chip out, replace the chip with NV Ram and turn pin back on?
I assume it defaults your settings back to factory?

Yep. Power off. Batteries out. Ram chip out. NVRAM in. Make sure you line up pin #1 when putting the chip in the socket or you will see the magic smoke. Factory settings will be restored upon the next boot.

#629 4 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

After having my Sopranos working great for a long time, suddenly the right flipper has been starting to act up. It seems fine immediately after starting to play, but then it seems to intermittently flip on its own, or loose power or a second etc. I have looked at the EOS switch, and also looked over the solder points but there is no obvious damage here.
Any idea on where to start to look? I guess it is an issue happening on more Sterns, and not just Sopranos.
Thanks

I had the same issue. The original switch contacts get pitted and eventually do not reliably make contact. Replaced both of mine with the new parts from the service bulletin which resolved it.

1 month later
#640 4 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

I got all of the pinbits protectors installed except for this one. I took those risers off and tried to pry the plastic lose but the center one would losen. Also, how do I get the screw out of the rubber grey riser? I turned and turned and it never came. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.[quoted image]

Did you try securing down the nut on the opposite side of the playfield?

#642 4 years ago
#653 4 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Exact same situation for mine. They would go back and for a little but never full circle. Replaced the belt. All good.

Same. The belt hardens over time and looses its tackiness, so it ends up slipping against the motor gears rather than gripping it.

3 weeks later
#670 4 years ago
Quoted from Huggers:

Just joined the club. Love the show and been having a blast with the game. Couple of things, where can I buy a new belt so my dancers twirl better? Also, what's the go to fix for airballs off of the drop target. So many drains from balls flying off it.

Tightening up the spring for the drop target seems to help, but not totally eliminate it.

1 month later
#686 4 years ago

Just started having airballs off the drop target with regular frequency. I'm going to try replacing the spring, but any other advice to mitigate this?

2 months later
#707 4 years ago
Quoted from garbr95:

Just acquired a Sopranos and I love it. However, the strippers don’t twirl. They try to move a little so I replaced the belt. Still don’t move. Any ideas? I know the motor is hard to find. Thanks!

Prop up the playfield and run the mech in test mode. Are the gears rotating with the belt slipping, or not rotating at all?

2 weeks later
#723 4 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Just keep betting. The game lets you win 90% of the time.

That 10% of the time when you loose 10M points sucks tho.

2 months later
#745 3 years ago

So I’ve rebuilt my safe assembly, with new safe halves and the carrier assembly. I’ve replaced the switches and everything seems to work perfectly when out of the machine. Nice smooth action and well adjusted switch action. When I put the safe in the machine however, i would say I get 25% of hits registering properly. What seems to be the problem, is that the entire assembly is moving backwards when hit by the ball. The safe has a lot of play and moves around quite a but in a perpendicular orientation to the playfield. Is it possible that the nylon bushings for the safe eject assembly have worn/deformed? If not, maybe my replacement springs are too strong? I bought the exact part numbers from the manual. Any ideas?

1 week later
#751 3 years ago

Dropping this here for future reference in case anyone is troubleshooting the safe assembly. I recently replaced all of the metal parts, switches and diodes in my safe, but it was still only registering half of the hits. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what was the issue, and then I recorded a slow motion video using my phone. I noticed that the entire safe housing was moving around quite a bit after a hard hit. After wiggling the assembly from the top side, I noticed that there was a lot of play in movement inside the bushings where the safe mech penetrates the playfield. I ordered two replacement bushings to see if that was the issue, and turns out the diameter opening on the new ones is noticeably smaller than the ones installed. Not sure if this is due to the age of the nylon, or the constant abuse from the mech hitting against it, but it has made a significant difference. The safe moves significants less when hit, and now registers hits correctly.

You can clearly see the difference in the picture.
Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 10.21.42 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2020-05-26 at 10.21.42 AM (resized).png

1 week later
#755 3 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Joined the club tonight! Got one with beautiful powder coated rails and LED screen I’m big into cool mods. I plan on adding the new Bing mirror blades and maybe a different translite. Any other cool mods I should be aware of?
[quoted image]

Bing mirror blades?

#757 3 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

New from Pingraffix.com
[quoted image]

Nice. Interested to see what these look like installed.

#769 3 years ago
Quoted from BigWaveDave:

Where did you get these bushings? How hard was it to disassemble the safe?
I bought new Roller switches and Am considering Some new metal for each side of the safe.

Marco specialties. It’s not hard to disassemble the safe. Remove a plastic, two nuts from the topside, and disconnect the cable assembly from the underside.

5 months later
#812 3 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Grab NVRAM and never have to worry again.

Second this. It’s plug and play on the board, no board skills necessary.

6 months later
#870 2 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Had kind of a weird thing happened yesterday and was wondering if anybody had any input. Got to underboss, was doing that for a minute and was rocking. Not sure exactly what happened but it seems like the machine just went dark and ended the ball. It definitely did not reboot or anything like that. It started the episode for the executive game, then it just went dark, everything drained, and that was it. It showed all of the bonus stuff at the end and that was it. It was the last ball and the game was over. I played it again a little while later and everything seemed normal. Anyone ever have this happen?

Never seen that before, but sounds like a bug in the code. check the changeling for the code versions and see if they mention a fix for any in game crashes.

6 months later
#941 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

We have a Sopranos machine in our break room at work that I am tasked with maintaining. Getting paid to work on pinball? Yes please!
Chris[quoted image]

First task: clean up that terrible LED job. This game really pops and looks amazing with a full warm white leds in the gi.

2 weeks later
#960 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Brought the route Sopranos home to shop and refresh.
What color rubbers look good? Was thinking of clear or black
Anyone mix up the pop bumper body and skirt color?
Game is going back on route, so cool white led's, mirror blades and color dmd. Make it really show the pf in a dark bar.
Once I do this game, I may have to actually do my own sopranos :-p hahha

IMO clear looks great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 12.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider okgrak.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sopranos-owners-club-members-only-wheres-the-money?tu=okgrak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.