(Topic ID: 127332)

Sopranos owners club! (members only) Where's the $*#$@! money?

By GoBlue

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,200 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by DK
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7631 (resized).jpg
IMG_7630 (resized).jpg
IMG_7629 (resized).jpg
IMG_7627 (resized).jpg
IMG_7628 (resized).jpg
IMG_7626 (resized).jpg
IMG_7625 (resized).jpg
IMG_7624 (resized).jpg
IMG_7621 (resized).jpg
IMG_7623 (resized).jpg
IMG_7622 (resized).jpg
IMG_4323 (resized).jpeg
20240106_174232.jpg
20240106_174249.jpg
20240106_122537 (resized).jpg
IMG_4208 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbecker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#37 8 years ago

Just joined the club.. Sopranos came in a couple weeks ago from Italy. It's rough outside but pf is good. Couple questions.. Anyone know about getting a couple parts:

New lower fish jaw. Seems to be out of stock is this unobtanium now?

Dancer. Probably out of luck I'm guessing..

Cab decals??

And any alt translate?

Thanks!!

2 weeks later
#42 8 years ago

Sweet! thanks for the link on the translite!

Fish lower jaw came back in stock at marco, lucked out.

Dancer -- found it on amazon.. not exact match but you wouldn't know it if you didn't know what was supposed to be there.

IMG_1069.jpgIMG_1069.jpg

#43 8 years ago

Surprised there's not more activity in here.. Used to the shadow club. I wonder if it's because not many pinsiders own sopranos or it doesn't have many issues or there just isn't a ton of love for it..?

5 months later
#67 8 years ago

Anyone have an idea on production numbers? It seems like there aren't too many of these out there -- I'm surprised when I hear people have not played sopranos, such a fun game!

#71 8 years ago

I just did a quick check on #'s from the top 100 pins -- it seems like about 10-15% of production numbers are generally accounted for on pinside (I'm figuring a lot of op's don't add all their machines to their collections). If you figure that, then there were probably in the range of 2,000 to 4,000 Sopranos produced. So not as low as some machines.. but certainly no TAF.

2 months later
#107 7 years ago

That's really going to make the game pop with leds -- very excited to get it installed and see it in action!

1 month later
#111 7 years ago

FlashInstinct is selling a target decal set if anyone is interested and didn't already see it.. I just installed it this weekend and I really thought he did a great job. Safe, spinner, and 4 target decals.

IMG_1644_(resized).JPGIMG_1644_(resized).JPG

IMG_1648_(resized).JPGIMG_1648_(resized).JPG

IMG_1650_(resized).JPGIMG_1650_(resized).JPG

IMG_1649_(resized).JPGIMG_1649_(resized).JPG

#117 7 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

I would really like a set of NOS bottom green slings....

You and probably half the other owners haha. I nabbed a supposed nos sopranos plastics set last year off eBay. Then last weekend I finally opened it up to install and find the previous owner swapped out the green plastics for his broken ones. That's all he needed.. And essentially all I had needed too. Super annoyed

2 months later
#131 7 years ago

I'd have to check but offhand that appears to go above the right most pop bumper ( below boat ) ?

1 month later
#137 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Anyone know where to download a set of custom instruction cards?

Soneone on here has a homemade set in word. If they Don't pm you soon pm me..

#139 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

I found the link for the one in word and it doesnt work right
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xca8tvw5tuaoc2p/apron%20cards.docx?dl=0

Yeah @mitch1985 I had problems too -- that's why I tweaked them and rewrote a bit. I'll send you that version if you'd like, shoot me an email if you want them

#145 7 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Geo:

it seems like Marco and Bay area are out of stock on the pole dancers. Does anyone know where I could find these or if anyone has a set they would sell please let me know.
Thanks,
George

I don't think they ever get stocked as no one makes them? I got mine off amazon if you don't mind it looking different than original.. I think it fits pretty damn good considering it was not made specific for the game

#147 7 years ago
Quoted from blowback1976:

Happ Controls shows that the red head can be ordered:
https://na.suzohapp.com/products/accessories/515-7475-02
Not sure how reliable it would be, since it says expecting stock Dec. 1.

$75 ouch! At least it's supposedly available though

1 week later
#149 7 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Which ones did you grab?

I checked and out of stock -- at least as of a few weeks ago.

IMG_0891 (resized).PNGIMG_0891 (resized).PNG

3 months later
#161 7 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

I'm picking up my first Sopranos on Tuesday. I saw the comments about what to look for when buying.
I also saw someone added a shaker motor to this game? How does that work if there is no programming or wiring for it? I didn't know that would be possible.

Ohh -- where did you see the shaker add? I want to do that, was figuring on using custom code via arduino tied to flashers or switches to run it

#166 7 years ago

Which one did you get from pinbits? -- are they all identical..?? Afm, etc, they all tie to the flasher?

Regarding coding, it's much cheaper to buy a stern shaker, and either use relays to trigger (based off the flasher), or use an aurduino and code in something a bit more complex with a transistor controlling the shaker

#169 7 years ago

Delta9 -- absolutely, I'd use a pinbits one if I had one, but they are always out of stock and pricey.. just figured if someone was so inclined the same hardware could be made diy fairly cheap

Regarding driving off switches, pretty sure shakers are either 12 or 24v. Pretty certain there's some additional hardware with the pinbits kits, the flashers likely aren't pulsed long enough to get a shaker spinning

#173 7 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I don't think stern lets them post/host the manuals. I don't see it on there. :/ I ordered 2 1/4 and 2 3/16 sizes. Hopefully they fit most

I've downloaded it before, pretty sure it's there or if not you should be able to find by googling

1 month later
#194 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Finally I am a member of this club
Brought a very nice looking Sopranos to our club on thursday. Ill post some pics later, but besides some broken plastics, and a tiny wear by the fish scoop, it looks great.
I am ordering a safe plastic because its broken, but I wonder if anyone by chance would have an extra blue "water" plastic which is above the right ramp, to the right of the above? See attached image.
Kind regards,
Morten

I may have it -- if no one else chimes in.. I can check on Tuesday when I get home. Maybe shoot me a blank pm with sopranos blue plastic in subject lest I forget

#201 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Thats awesome, will send a PM as instructed

Got it thanks. I'll let ya know

#204 6 years ago

Fine to leave Mylar. Not too bad to shop -- average to easier side id say..pretty straight fwd and not a ton of stuff to remove.

Pf should stay fine though in home environ.. with cleaning and waxing. I'd consider leaving as is

#215 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Are there no spot lights in the middle pf? Totally could use some. My sopranos is at a friends house so I haven't seen what it looks like in a while...

Nope -- on boat and 2 on the dance floor. Pinball bulbs kit puts several on top of the slings at middle of Playfield. Could diy it too for pretty cheap, def lights it up nice.

#220 6 years ago

That is not normal behavior. 1 minute ball save? Check menu settings. For sure there's a ball save but I think it's only 15 to twenty second range

#226 6 years ago

Mine landed on big points pretty often when in adult mode. Think it's on standard settings.

1 week later
#240 6 years ago

Red dmd filter looks great -- but man the colordmd on this is worth the $$. Running the smoother on mine

1 week later
#245 6 years ago

Thanks Tuna_Delight -- glad you and others were able to enjoy it! My first year bringing a game as it's a pain to haul them out of narrow basement -- but totally worth it to see others getting to play. Plan on bringing more next year, sopranos may return

1 month later
#259 6 years ago

I got mine at Marco -- similar price, I would guess they will b back in stock at some point

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPhantom:

I just ordered one from Pinball Resource, in stock, $18 ^-^

18 bucks?!? Gonna order a spare!

#267 6 years ago

My jaw rattles loose over time from all the up/down action then eventually falls off. Tried thread lock but no better. Then I accidentally over tightened the screw and found out that it's really easy to crack the jaw that way, probably making the loosening issue worse.

2 months later
#284 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Looks like I’m about to join the club. Might be picking up a pretty much stock HUO Sopranos. The first thing I’m gonna do is a full LED conversion. Anybody have any recommendations on the different prepackaged LED Kits for this pin? Or a general idea of the types of LEDs you might have used to do your own? Some pics would be cool.

I still go by Pinball bulbs kits. That said, pretty easy one to do without a kit —lots of white GI and mostly color match inserts. Stage looks nice with an overhead led strip

3 weeks later
#292 6 years ago
Quoted from TiltDis:

Just saw COLORDMD's video on YouTube. Wow! Does anyone have any other vids of color dmd on sopranos? Thoughts?

I have one installed - huge huge improvement, although I think that’s true on any game. Makes it look much more modern

2 months later
#296 6 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Borrowing mbecker 's game wasn't good enough, and I took the opportunity to import a nice example from Italy. Currently playing in the original mafia's mother tongue feels amusingly realistic!
This is top 5 for me too.

How does yours play in comparison?

#300 6 years ago

I just avoid hard drop target hits from left flipper

2 months later
#367 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I just binge watched the entire series in about 17 days. Just as good the second time around. I am pumped and ready to get one in the lineup as well.. Any friends out there? Even a friend of a friend would do. I got your $*#$@! money right here.

17 days holy shit! How many seasons is that - there were at least 5 right?!

#369 6 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

6 Seasons total. Now that it is over I feel a little empty inside - need to find something else to watch.

I think I did 4 seasons and stopped. Great show — but others were calling and only so much time. In comparison though, breaking bad was the most amazing show I’ve seen. Starting watching better call Saul again last night - almost makes me want to rewatch breaking bad

1 week later
#415 6 years ago

Scott8806 I keep spare parts in case stuff breaks but if you are interested.. this is used but good condition.. I’d send it over $12 shipped if you want it

A8EEF94B-C186-4D4E-879C-6C6074691BFF (resized).jpegA8EEF94B-C186-4D4E-879C-6C6074691BFF (resized).jpeg

B1C2473F-9DCD-4C7C-AB37-C0A9A1F52BD7 (resized).jpegB1C2473F-9DCD-4C7C-AB37-C0A9A1F52BD7 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#471 5 years ago

Yeah it’s the tilt - confirmed here too.

#479 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Good to know. Does it reset your rank from any point if you tilt?

I don’t think so??

#489 5 years ago

Super skill??? How did I not know about this - what’s the super skill shot??

I’m always down to episodes as well, and usually meadowlands too. The others aren’t too bad I find. Always shoot the drop targ from the right flipper to avoid airballs

4 weeks later
#494 5 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Does anyone by chance have a spare couple of sling plastics? I received a set of plastics today for a Sopranos I am working on, it is missing a sling from each side of the game. I need the opposite of the attached picture, meaning I need a lower left sling, and an upper right.

That sucks! I had the same thing happen when I bought my “full” set.

#505 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

K. The only thing I can think of is the steepness is allowing both balls to sneak out before the post goes back up.

This only happens in multi player games? My boat used to do this with all games, I added a second spring on the up post. Works perfect now.

#509 5 years ago

It also happens if you use the hold start method to reset your current game and and a ball locked already. Happens pretty often for me because I hate having a bad ball 1.. immediately reach for start to reset and start over.

Add the second spring and you should be good.

2 months later
#532 5 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Do you like dots? Have you played anyone else’s colordmd games? I think a lot of people like the lcd to upscale and have no dots (forgot the name). However I like dots and the lcd physically fits in a handful of games better than lcd (sega showcase) so I’m leaning to led but I still haven’t pulled the trigger

Personally I think upscale looks way better on sopranos. I have all color dmds on my Games and run dots on the rest but sopranos - to my eye - looks better with upscale.

2 months later
#547 5 years ago

Good luck. No actual replacements exist. I found one that fit right in (in a different position) from Amazon. Search stripper doll or something like that

2 months later
#587 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I just made adjustments on a Sopranos. I don't see anything in the thread (I searched for safe).
But anyone get DOUBLE hits on the safe?

Every single time? I adjusted the safe switches on mine and it’s easy to over adjust sensitivity so single safe hits award 2

#589 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

It’s real intermittent. I need to test it more. I don’t want to tear that apart unless it gets really bad. Was just wondering if anyone had that experience.

Sounds like the switches — no need to tear anything apart- you can reach the switch blades with a switch adjuster

#591 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

I’ll take a look now that I see where they are. I don’t know much about this mech. I’m guessing the gap needs to be wider so they trigger only one time on a sharp hit.

Yeah two microswitches up near top, behind safe halfs. And yes, if the blades are set in too far it gets too sensitive and can register double hits. Should only register decent hits to the safe, to engage one of the switches.

5 months later
#616 4 years ago

I’ve pulled with mini flat screwdriver but def. that chip puller is the way to go to avoid potential damage to boards and/or chips/chip legs.

6 months later
#709 4 years ago

You can’t get the original ones. But check amazon for mini stripper doll or equivalent.. you can get something close.

2 weeks later
#716 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Bad @$$ hand
That's like 1/649,740

Odds must be different on the pinball, I think I’ve gotten one as well

1 week later
#725 4 years ago

Add a second spring to that coil so it pushes it up just slightly faster between the first and second ball being released. Just be just enough to fix it. Had same problem myself and this worked well.

2 months later
#742 3 years ago
Quoted from BigGeeKay:

Remove the stripper and it would be perfect. I'm not a prude, but the Sopranos isn't a stripper show. The pole girls are plenty.

I agree with this, they just aren’t a huge focal point of the show

#744 3 years ago

Don’t get me wrong, I think it looks good. Just seems like the stripper is overly prominent on many of the alt ones you see available.. I wish there was one w/out, but I don’t hate the original either to be honest.

4 weeks later
#774 3 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

I changed all my lights to LED's. I didn't change the Fish Eyes. I my memory serves me it was a totally different bulb or just to hard to change out. I'm thinking is was different 99% sure.

Yeah I agree - kinda hard to get to and Also thinking different bulb. I used the pinballbulbs kit when I did mine which uses cool white and I think that looks great

2 months later
#787 3 years ago

What’s beta Pinside? Tried to visit thread but it’s asking for log in info??

#793 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Anybody have a guess what a NOS playfield is worth?

timlah79 ill try and takes look tomorrow — but agree that on mine the sound is sort of similar to what you describe, although my buddy came by and upgraded it a while back with new speakers and possibly clipped a couple resistors or caps on the sound board? Trying to remember now.. I could be mixing that up with a different pin. It does sound better for sure, but not quite hifi

#794 3 years ago
Quoted from cosmokramer:

Anybody have a guess what a NOS playfield is worth?

I’ve seen one somewhere a while back.. possibly even on Marco? $650-900 range??

2 weeks later
#797 3 years ago

To me, sounding the same

2 months later
#808 3 years ago

I added a spring to push it up a little harder. has worked perfect ever since.. mine seemed to be releasing the 2nd ball because the post didn't come up quite fast enough. Certainly a switch adjustment there could help too potentially.

4 weeks later
#815 3 years ago

I have an extra if anyone needs one.. $30 shipped

3 weeks later
#824 3 years ago

I can double check tmrw but im99% sure that’s #3. - standard 6-32 post screwed into a t-nut in the underside. You can try to unscrew with pliars but I’d personally try double nutting it from the top with 2 #6 nylock nuts and back the lower up against the top one and it should then unscrew the post from the t-nut

#826 3 years ago

Never seen those at the hardware store but you could use #6 all thread cut to length with a nut and washer and be pretty close. Hell, could just reuse the #6 thread you pulled outta there actually lol

Interested if you find something at the store though. It’s a $2-3 part from Marco or pinball life.. shipping’s annoying though.

2 months later
#838 3 years ago

You’d have to search this thread or scroll back a ways. Amazon has had ones that fit. They are not in the same position and took a bit of trimming but imo look as close to stock as you’ll get, cause the stock ones are not obtainable

2 weeks later
#846 3 years ago

LEDs look great imo. Standard Mirror side blades go well. No clearance issues on mine

#856 3 years ago

Tuna you’ve got a gorgeous sopranos! Weren’t you going to sell it recently? You decide to hold on to it in the end? I love the red armor

#860 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Probably been asked before but... New to the club. Recently got a really nice HUO Sopranos. Anybody know where to get some of the dancer figures? Someone suggested looking on Amazon. What did you search for? I’m sure I’ll be back here asking more questions sooner or later. Thanks! Mìke

read up about 10 or 20 posts for the last person to ask and the responses

1 month later
#873 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I have yet to reach Boss level, but it sure sounds like it could benefit from a code enhancement. While I'm dreaming, I'll throw in a request for higher point values for completing the modes too. Other than the horse racing and poker ones (my favorites), I usually focus more on setting up and maintaining multiballs than finishing modes as their point payoffs are just meh.

Nor have I, and I concur about the modes and always focusing on multi balls instead . Both multis are so satisfying to get, every time!

1 week later
#882 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Thanks guys. I am not a Sopranos fan, but it still looks really good. I do like mob stuff in general though. I think I will try to strike a deal.

I didn’t know the show before I bought mine, and still loved it. It’s just a fun game overall. Watching some seasons of the show later on only made it better. Under appreciated game, I guess because it’s not real deep?

1 month later
#890 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Can anyone tell me how hard it is to remove the head on one of these? I have never owned a newer Stern. Are there any tools needed other than the standard wrenches? I know some games have an allen key for the head. Thanks.

Allen key required, yes. And the standard 6 nuts for the hinges.

3 months later
#914 2 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Been thinking of doing the color DMD install. How difficult is the actual installation? Is there just once source for the parts?

Colordmd is nearly plug and play. Pull old dmd, put in colordmd, plug in and usb install sopranos file. Pin2dmd is more involved if you put it together yourself.

7 months later
#1001 1 year ago

Isnt that controlled by pop hits or something? Can’t quite recall ..

1 month later
#1020 1 year ago
Quoted from radial_head:

Bummer!
For the time being I think I'm just going to attach the plastic to some lexan and do the ol' glu'er an' hold'er in place situation. The full plastic sets are prohibitively expensive, but I'll keep my eyes out for a solution,
Thanks all

I might have what you need, I’ll take a look

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mbecker.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sopranos-owners-club-members-only-wheres-the-money?tu=mbecker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.