(Topic ID: 127332)

Sopranos owners club! (members only) Where's the $*#$@! money?

By GoBlue

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,200 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by DK
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7631 (resized).jpg
IMG_7630 (resized).jpg
IMG_7629 (resized).jpg
IMG_7627 (resized).jpg
IMG_7628 (resized).jpg
IMG_7626 (resized).jpg
IMG_7625 (resized).jpg
IMG_7624 (resized).jpg
IMG_7621 (resized).jpg
IMG_7623 (resized).jpg
IMG_7622 (resized).jpg
IMG_4323 (resized).jpeg
20240106_174232.jpg
20240106_174249.jpg
20240106_122537 (resized).jpg
IMG_4208 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider king_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#604 4 years ago

Just curious if anyone has ever cleaned their Sopranos playfield and if so, what products did you use to do it?

#608 4 years ago

Thanks for the tips. Much appreciated.

#611 4 years ago

For those of you that have gone 100% LED on this machine where did you get your bulbs? Is it difficult to update or is it just a matter of unscrewing bulbs and putting the new ones in? Thanks guys.

2 months later
#614 4 years ago

For those of you that have done the nvram upgrade on this to be able to remove the batteries I was wondering if you could provide me with some help. I've located the chip that needs removed but I've tried to pull it out and it's pretty hard. Wondering if it's just a matter of pulling harder or if there is something I'm missing?

648250262.png648250262.png
#617 4 years ago

Thanks guys. I was able to pull it using patience and a flat head screw driver. Got the nvram installed and all is good. No more batteries!

#621 4 years ago

Got mine from pinitech.com it's the 6264 model. Plug and play. No soldering required. I'm a complete newbie and I was able to do it no problem.

1 week later
#623 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

While Cliffy doesn’t make protectors specifically for Sopranos (he told me he hasn’t had access to a playfield), I discovered the protector he makes for the GB Scoleri Bros. drop targets fits the Stugots target perfectly.
I have an extra one if anyone wants it.

If you still have it I'm interested. PM me.

#630 4 years ago

I recently had issues with mine. Turns out it was the button itself that was lose. I was able to tighten the plastic ring holding the button in place and resolved the issue. As a starting point, I'd check to make sure the plastic ring holding it in place is nice and tight.

1 month later
#636 4 years ago

If anyone has experience installing plastic protectors and has some advice please share. I got the pinbits plastic protector set and I am going to install them soon. Any of them more difficult than others? Is it lots of parts to remove? Thanks guys.

#639 4 years ago

I got all of the pinbits protectors installed except for this one. I took those risers off and tried to pry the plastic lose but the center one would losen. Also, how do I get the screw out of the rubber grey riser? I turned and turned and it never came. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

741216372.png741216372.png
#641 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I had the same issue. The original switch contacts get pitted and eventually do not reliably make contact. Replaced both of mine with the new parts from the service bulletin which resolved it.

Any chance you can link the service bulletin?

#643 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

Did you try securing down the nut on the opposite side of the playfield?

Are you taking underneath the playfield?

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Update so far:
- Replaced the dying DMD with one I got from Lermods (thanks dude!)
- Added red DMD filter. Huge improvement.
- Added lollipop rails to cover the flipper wear. Again, huge improvement.
- Added green superbands to the flippers, and have red titan rubbers for the rest of the playfield.
- Eliminated that terrible light hack and replaced it with Lermods backbox LED mod (thanks AGAIN dude). Looks a million times better.
- Tossed in four new super-shiny pinballs.
- Added NVRAM
- Replaced the missing boat drop target, and picked up an extra just in case.
I have some replacement plastics in transit, a brand new coin door on the way, and my pinbits plastic protectors just showed up today. Should be pretty much completely done within a week or so. I included some before and after pics.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

[quoted image]

Can you link me to the led kit you purchased for the backbox?

#650 4 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

It's the belt, 100%. Mine did the same thing, slight "back and forth", old belt was hard, found new one in goody bag. All good since.

Exact same situation for mine. They would go back and for a little but never full circle. Replaced the belt. All good.

#651 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPhantom:

Worth a shot, got 2 of them on order and 2 new flipper button switches (I saw the bulletin for this machine about them, always wonder why the ball sometimes struggled to shoot higher up the playfield, even after new flipper coils.) I'll post the results
Thanks!

Where did you order your switches from?

#658 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Just got all the parts in to rebuild my Sopranos.[quoted image]

Good luck with the rebuild! Keep us posted

#659 4 years ago

Anyone got a source for these?

IMG_20191008_215655.jpgIMG_20191008_215655.jpg
3 weeks later
#671 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me what part I need to replace this gray plastic protector circled in the picture? Mine is busted but I can't seem to find the part number in the manual. Thanks guys.

190956908.png190956908.png
1 week later
#683 4 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Can anyone tell me what part I need to replace this gray plastic protector circled in the picture? Mine is busted but I can't seem to find the part number in the manual. Thanks guys.[quoted image]

Hey guys,

I got the post sleeve I needed for this but I was wondering if anyone has experience changing this particular sleeve out? I removed the screw from the top and then moved the plastic over to get access to the post but there is a round washer that I believe is part of the post that doesn't come off. I removed the nut underneath the playfield. I don't have a set of wrenches small enough to get a hold of the post but I was wondering if I actually have to remove the post to change this sleeve? Any help is appreciated.

Reposting the image here.

190956908.png190956908.png
1 week later
#685 4 years ago

Finally got GC after trying for 5 months on my machine. It's all about the multi balls.

IMG_20191130_154259_exported_3237663982763926349.jpgIMG_20191130_154259_exported_3237663982763926349.jpg
2 weeks later
#694 4 years ago

Has anyone installed cliffy shooter lane protectors on their game? Something like this? Specifically the one that goes underneath the right wall in the shooter lane.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cliffy-shooter-lane-install#post-1339799

Or

http://www.passionforpinball.com/balleject/MetRG6.jpg

#696 4 years ago

I ordered some shooter lane protectors from Cliffy. I'll post some pics once I get them installed.

Recently did a full LED upgrade and I think the difference is night and day. So much more colorful and so much more vibrant. Well worth the cost and time to install in my opinion.

Before

VID_20191219_181953_exported_11401_1576852496987.jpgVID_20191219_181953_exported_11401_1576852496987.jpg

After

VID_20191219_223039_exported_19729_1576852525878.jpgVID_20191219_223039_exported_19729_1576852525878.jpg

LEDs were purchased from comet pinball. Great service.

#697 4 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

I had the same issue. The original switch contacts get pitted and eventually do not reliably make contact. Replaced both of mine with the new parts from the service bulletin which resolved it.

Hey I've started to notice this problem on my game as well. I ordered new parts from pinball life but they don't look quite the same. They have this extra piece. One marked "503 SMZ" and the other "503 M". See the attached picture. Does anyone know what that is?

IMG_20191223_005115.jpgIMG_20191223_005115.jpg
#699 4 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Those are capacitors.
They are used on switches to extend the duration of the closing the switch. Not physically, but it lengthens the time the switch matrix senses that the switch is closed. That makes it easier for the cpu to know a switch has been closed. Mostly used in early SS games for rollover switches and other fast momentarily closed switches. Won't hurt being in a modern game, but isn't really needed.

Thanks. I had removed my post since I found that my machine's switches do have the capacitors as well. Good to know.

#701 4 years ago
Quoted from Triball:

Looking for LEDs for my Sopranos. Wonder if I should just get a complete kit or buy them individually. Anyone have a LED-chart or an list of bulbs you have ordered for yours? I have some other pins as well which I also plan to upgrade, so I might go for a bulk order of different colors. Trying to save some bucks instead of buying several kits. Thanks!

I'll get you the list of the ones I purchased from comet. It was not a kit. Give me a day or two and I'll have the list posted.

#703 4 years ago

Alright here's what I purchased from comet pinball. I chose not to replace the two slingshot flashers, the two pop bumper flashers and the flasher underneath the bing girls. I had purchased 5smd LEDs for them but I found that the incandescent bulbs in those were brighter than the LEDs.

Here's the list

Playfield Inserts. These were colour matched to the inserts. All bulbs for the playfield inserts are 1smd non ghosting clear LED bulbs. For the whites, I went with Sunshine white but you may want to check the different options for yourself.

White bayonet 44 X 8
White wedge 555 X 26
Red bayonet 44 X 9
Red wedge 555 X 8
Yellow wedge 555 X 2
Blue wedge 555 X 5
Purple wedge 555 X 3
Green wedge 555 X 7
Orange wedge 555 X 2

For the bulb inside the Stugots I went with a frosted 2smd blue bayonet 444. The bulb that is stock is white but I liked the idea of blue given that the boat is in water.
For the bulbs on the episode sign (arson, horse race ...) I went with frosted orange 2smd wedge 555 X 5

Flashers

Cool White 5smd #89 X 6 (under the truck, in the back panel, under plastic on right, under plastic on left)
Red 5smd #89 X 2 (safe flasher and super jackpot flasher)

For the GI I went with

Sunlight White frosted 2smd bayonet 44 X 50 (this will give you a few extras) most GI bulbs use this bulb.
Yellow frosted 2smd bayonet 44 X 4 (shooter lane bulbs) here you can go with white if you prefer but original bulbs are yellow. LEDs show the color a lot more. Maybe you can tell from the pics I posted.
Sunlight White frosted 2smd wedge 555 X 2 (coin door)
Natural White Insane Bright 5smd wedge 555 X 3 (these are for the 3 spotlights on the playfield)

Good luck with the upgrade! It was really easy to do in my opinion. An hour or two and you should have them replaced. Most of them are easily accessible from underneath the playfield.

#704 4 years ago

One of my strippers appears to have split in half. Nothing hit it or anything which is weird. Anyone ever deal with this? The stripper is still attached to the poll. See attached. Right at her bikini line is where it split.
IMG_20191230_113446.jpgIMG_20191230_113446.jpg

Disregard. Noticed another pinsider had same issue a bit ago. I can use the same recommendation that was given for them.

2 months later
#714 4 years ago

So this just happened!

IMG_20200302_205406.jpgIMG_20200302_205406.jpg
2 weeks later
#727 4 years ago

Could it be a level issue? Make sure your table is at the proper level front to back.

6 months later
#802 3 years ago

Looks good!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 12.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider king_pin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sopranos-owners-club-members-only-wheres-the-money?tu=king_pin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.