(Topic ID: 127332)

Sopranos owners club! (members only) Where's the $*#$@! money?

By GoBlue

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,196 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4323 (resized).jpeg
20240106_174232.jpg
20240106_174249.jpg
20240106_122537 (resized).jpg
IMG_4208 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3552 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230903_010956166 (resized).jpg
break (resized).jpg
IMG_8797 (resized).JPG
IMG_8793 (resized).JPG
IMG_8794 (resized).JPG
right outlane plastic (resized).jpg
sopranos backglass (resized).jpg
AACB409F-F23F-45F2-898A-7D7308F06DA1 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#224 6 years ago

I'm happy to now be a member of this club as I just received my game purchased from another Pinsider!

Fun game! I have a question on the F**king Big Points mode though in which you apparently get 3 million (?) and every switch hit triggers a swearing callout. In the 20+ games I've played so far, I've yet to have this mode awarded. The Big Points award (500K) has been awarded lots of times and the adult setting is on. Is there something else that I need to set, install code-wise, or achieve in the game in order to activate the F'in Big Points mode or does this just not get started that often?

#228 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Is the game in tournament/competition mode? After i put my game in tournament mode i havent seen the big fucking points mode, so i am curious as to if it is never rewarded in competition play?

Thanks - I don't think that it's in tournament mode, but I'll check this.

Quoted from Mbecker:

Mine landed on big points pretty often when in adult mode. Think it's on standard settings.

Thanks - it's already set to adult mode though. I'm wondering if there's something else required. I'll take another look at all of the settings again.

#229 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Is the game in tournament/competition mode? After i put my game in tournament mode i havent seen the big fucking points mode, so i am curious as to if it is never rewarded in competition play?

Success! "Competition Mode" in the standard adjustments was turned ON and once I turned it OFF (default setting), the random awards became a lot more varied including F'in Big Points.

Much better now - thanks!

#236 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

So i am playing with this idea in my head... i think the meadowlands bridge plastics on both side of the right ramp is a really cool thing (making the habitrail a bridge) but due to (lack of) lightning and the angle the plastic graphics kinda gets lost.
So i am trying to think of some way to light it up, and would be great if others have some input too.

That is definitely a cool idea!

I'm just about to start a major upgrade of my newly purchased Sopranos (I hate that it'll be unplayable for a few weeks while in process!) and I'll have to give that some consideration. Perhaps utilizing an Arduino unit for a specialized lighting effect?

2 weeks later
#244 6 years ago

Thanks to Mbecker for bringing his very nice Sopranos to the NW Pinball & Arcade Show this weekend! A lot of (non-stop) folks appeared to really enjoy playing it!

#251 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

An interesting thing happened yesterday, dont know if its a scoring bug or something, but when i was playing single ball, I managed to open safe and hit the safe on the third level (good earner?) and ...10 million! Is this normal, what could have caused this massive scoring for level 3 safe?

Interesting ... I don't recall seeing that yet.

4 weeks later
#255 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I joined the club this week.

"Welcome to this thing of ours!"

6 months later
#313 6 years ago

I actually joined the club last year, but just FINALLY got my Sopranos back together after an extensive powdercoating and many miscellaneous upgrades.

Such a fun game! Makes me want to watch the series again too.

DSC03606 (resized).JPGDSC03606 (resized).JPG
DSC03628 (resized).JPGDSC03628 (resized).JPG
DSC03609 (resized).JPGDSC03609 (resized).JPG
DSC03581 (resized).JPGDSC03581 (resized).JPG
DSC03580 (resized).JPGDSC03580 (resized).JPG
DSC03638 (resized).JPGDSC03638 (resized).JPG
DSC03627 (resized).JPGDSC03627 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#330 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

... and a coupla fuckin cigars....

"Now isn't that special."

#332 6 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

Any one know where to get the 2 girls on the pole with them attached to the straw mine broke I hot glued them back I had a issue with them not spinning every once in a while it seems like the set screw is stripped I ordered a new belt but that made it worse but the old one back on working better now

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4504

Looks like you'll need to add your own tube (straw).

#340 6 years ago
Quoted from Scott8806:

I found one on eBay too it's the dash board pole dancers they fit on the pole

I purchased one of these, but after receiving it, I decided not to install it as they are a slightly larger scale than the pole dancers that come with the game.

#355 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

You came in with a splash and left with a splash.

"Squirrel!"

3 weeks later
#364 6 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

I just joined the club last week.
Just finished shopping it out. Converted to 100% led. Replaced the rubber with Titan reds.
Future plans include mirror blades and Pin Stadium lighting with red flashers.
The safe was not registering hits. Turned out both switches had broken solder joints. Easy fix.
I've had this game on my wish list for a few years. I'm so happy I finally found one.

Very cool - congrats man!

Sopranos has really impressed me in the past year of ownership as to how fun it is! It's not only my daughter's hands-down favorite to play, but all my non-pinball friends seem to really love how much "character" it has.

From the Stugots orgasmic mode; to "Party at the Bing"; and on to shakedowns, truck heists, cracking safes, scoring R.I.P.'s, completing TV episodes, playing poker, having food fights - all the while listening to Carmela Sopranos's good natured callouts while being deluged with an audible OCEAN of swear words (I'm looking at you "Fucking BIG POINTS" mode) - Sopranos is an absolute BLAST to play!

Even better if you've watched the series.

Enjoy!

1 week later
#376 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Does everyone think LED OCD is a must in this game? I am looking at one tomorrow and just wondering what kind of $$ I am going to have to put into this when I get home and switch over to LEDs.
thanks!

My Sopranos really benefitted from the LED OCD & Gizmo modules. Much less frenetic now and the only Whitestar of mine that I felt it was needed on so far.

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just went and saw a sopranos I’m getting it! So want to do preventative stuff since this things basically brand new:
Plastic protector for the plastic in the shooter lane (does this exist?)
Metal shooter wall protector
Anything to protect the strippers?
How about the safe?
Thanks!

Congrats - Sopranos is a very cool game and I enjoy mine immensely!

I installed the following plastics protectors:

https://www.pinbits.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=487

I also purchased eject/shooter lane protectors directly from Cliffy himself.

FWIW: The only real ongoing issue I have are airballs off of the Stugots drop target. I've learned to backhand it whenever possible.

#408 6 years ago

Molto colorato!

Looks like a true "wiseguy" edition.

1 month later
#491 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

What’s your game plan to try for boss? I’ve been trying to knock out modes first, but that isn’t going well.

This is a great stream for tips on completing
Boss:

4 weeks later
#502 5 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Just installed an alternate translite and a red gel filter.
I'm liking the way it looks.

I have this same alternate translite on my game - BIG improvement over the original IMHO!

I lent mine to Flipper Fidelity to use in creating the backbox LED lighting panel that they now subsequently offer on their website. Unfortunately, not a lot they could do with this, comparatively, given all the black in the background.

1 week later
#513 5 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Has anyone tried to switch out (or pull tighter) the spring for the Stugots drop target to make it drop more easily? I’m getting some wicked ricochet action—usually right into the outlane. Looks like you’d have to remove the coil bracket to get at that spring, so am wondering of it’s worth the hassle.

I too get some in-your-face rejection airballs off of my game's target when I hit it straight on. I haven't tried to adjust it for a while though as I've grown to appreciate the challenge of needing to hit it more precisely. Shooting at it with the left flipper is definitely more risky and causes me to try to plan my shots more.

#515 5 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

I try to hit the right corner of the target with the right flipper. That cuts out the air balls and keeps it in play most of the time.

Yep - exactly. That target is an example of brutal risk vs reward! Kind of befitting for a mafia themed game.

#518 5 years ago

Yikes! Kinda looks like the Iron Maiden I played on route this evening. Surprisingly dirty (already)!

7 months later
#565 5 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

I would almost go as far as saying thats part of the risk reward if you dare to hit it straight on quickie ftw!

Yep - shoot it from the left flipper if you dare!

I typically think to myself "What would Paulie Walnuts do?" And then I shoot it.

#574 5 years ago
Quoted from TomDK:

ROMs, ROMs ... cheap stuff. The horror starts when looking for plastics. I ended up in Russia, fair price but not like original. Poor print, poor colors but NOS were about 300 dollar ...

Yikes!

3 months later
#609 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

My machine
[quoted image]

I see you have the special Captain Morgan edition Sopranos! I have the Bundaberg (Tony Soprano's rum of choice ) edition myself.

Bundaberg truck (resized).jpgBundaberg truck (resized).jpg

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

For those of you that have gone 100% LED on this machine where did you get your bulbs? Is it difficult to update or is it just a matter of unscrewing bulbs and putting the new ones in? Thanks guys.

I'm planning to replace the LEDs in my Sopranos with new ones from Comet Pinball as the previous owner installed mainly bright whites and they are WAY too bright. Ryan at Comet is a good dude and you can email him with any questions beyond the tons of info at his website.

Installing LEDs is not hard - you just have to make sure you purchase the right type of bulbs. Non-ghosting bulbs are more expensive, but eliminate the annoying flicker that can occur with cheaper bulbs. Sopranos also uses both the older bayonet type sockets for the GI lighting and 455's for the playfield inserts. Consult your game manual and look at your game to see which bulb base types to buy.

5 months later
#656 4 years ago
Quoted from Jefski2003:

My buddy made these for me..[quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! I have an alternate on mine as well.

I love the game, but I'm not a fan of the original translite!

4 months later
#717 4 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

So this just happened![quoted image]

Marone! Haven't seen that before!

#720 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Your betting to get a better hand and it's your points that's in the pot. Win and you get the pot and add points, if you lose your score will minus whats in the pot.

An understanding of the various winning poker hands and their order is probably more what he needs. Not a big investment of time required, but pretty essential to fully enjoy this mode nonetheless.

I love poker (miss my WPT consequently) so this one of my favorite modes in the game!

2 months later
#736 3 years ago
Quoted from BigGeeKay:

Joined the club about two weeks ago. ... I would love to find a different translite. Not a fan of the huge stripper.

Congrats - great game!

This is the alternate translite on my Sopranos. Much better than the original (IMHO) and the stripper isn't as predominant.

Sopranos alt translite (2) (resized).jpgSopranos alt translite (2) (resized).jpg.

1 week later
#743 3 years ago
Quoted from BigGeeKay:

... I'm not a prude, but the Sopranos isn't a stripper show. ...

Quoted from Mbecker:

I agree with this, they just aren’t a huge focal point of the show

Sure, but the reduced stripper on my game's alternate translite doesn't bother me at all as the visual emphasis is on the characters and the family vs mob sides of Tony Soprano's life.

To each their own of course. As I'm not a fan of the original translite, I'm very happy that this alternate is available.

#747 3 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Trading my sopranos and have these left over I am selling if anyone needs them in case you have kids or sensitive company over.

Was wondering what these were until I read your ad.

Interesting ... didn't know these existed. Or that there was a market for them.

#749 3 years ago
Quoted from BigWaveDave:

... What’s the best way to order Titan rubbers, and how do I know which ones to order? (I have the manual, but I’m unclear on which of the rubbers parts I should order.)
Thanks!

Go directly to Titan Pinball's website and database for ring sets that others have entered/purchased. Enter Sopranos and view the different kits. You can change the quantity and/or color of each ring within a kit as desired after you select for purchase.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/

Bada Bing! Bada Bang!

1 week later
#754 3 years ago
Quoted from DJY2J:

Joined the club tonight! ... Any other cool mods I should be aware of?

Congrats! I pimped my Sopranos out and love it. These are a nice addition for starters:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1054-flashinstinct/00669-sopranos-target-decals

#762 3 years ago

Sopranos truck (resized).jpgSopranos truck (resized).jpg

#770 3 years ago
Quoted from GoodBadUgly:

Like the mod, would you know what the scale is on the truck?

Thanks. I believe it's 1/87 (HO scale).

1 month later
#785 3 years ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Hello Everyone. My first post. Only game I have currently is The Sopranos. Bought it new years ago because my wife and I are both huge fans of the show. Hoping to get my second machine very, very soon!

Well then ... stop posting and start buying already!

Congratulations! You've already made a great collection start - Sopranos is a bitchin' game!

Gives me a "bad case of fuckfaceitis" every time I play!!!

2 months later
#800 3 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Thanks so much mbecker ! Yeah that does sound exactly like mine. If yours has always sounded like that I suppose this is normal, hmm. Wonder if there's a way to improve it. I am actually looking around for an outboard EQ I could run the game's output to to try to clean it up, at least make the entire machine less boomy.

FWIW, mine sounds the same too, but I thinks it's okay personally - seems like pretty typical Stern White Star system audio. I hooked up a Polk subwoofer as well to my game and it's an improvement.

#801 3 years ago

Bought this dynamite mod, from a limited run a while back by a fellow Pinsider, for installation in a potential future AC/DC. Decided to install it in my Sopranos in the meantime as it fits this theme as well.

DSC05990 (resized).JPGDSC05990 (resized).JPG

DSC06023 (resized).JPGDSC06023 (resized).JPG

5 months later
#841 3 years ago
Quoted from Acronymicon:

Awesome! Thank you for your continued work on this.
Question for youse guys, has anyone come up with a good fix for the drop target flinging the ball into the glass and into the drain? Ive tried a new spring, shortening the spring, and replacing the target itself, but its really bumming me out as I just repainted the entire cabinet and I can feel my paint job scream out in pain. I usually only go for the target via backhand, but during multiball its not so easy to avoid.
Did the drop target do this from day one? Seems like something that would have been accounted for in development.

I just try not to hit it straight on. The target causing airballs used to annoy me, but now I've come to appreciate the added gameplay challenge and potential punishment it can dish out. It's kinda like doing a hit in the mafia - you botch it and you're gonna pay.

1 week later
#847 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

LEDs look great imo. Standard Mirror side blades go well. No clearance issues on mine

Same for me - LEDs and mirror blades. I also installed an LED OCD board. The prior owner had installed cool white LED bulbs throughout and the game lighting was way too harsh to me. I switched most of these to Comet's sunlight white and they're much better.

#854 3 years ago

LEDs and regular mirror blades on my Sopranos. More pics available for viewing here if interested:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/tims_pinball_pics/albums

DSC06899 (resized).JPGDSC06899 (resized).JPG
DSC06917 (resized).JPGDSC06917 (resized).JPG
DSC06919 (resized).JPGDSC06919 (resized).JPG

#857 3 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Tuna you’ve got a gorgeous sopranos! Weren’t you going to sell it recently? You decide to hold on to it in the end? I love the red armor

Thanks man - I enjoy pimping out my games! And I try to do it tastefully, but that's subjective of course.

I did actually have my Sopranos listed for sale a while back, but a sporadic DMD issue popped up, and I pulled it off the market as I like to only sell games that are working 100%. It was a blessing in disguise, as I've since realized how much I really love playing it. Great theme, callouts, and VERY fun to shoot! Plus ... it's the only game I own that I can get close to the wizard mode on!

#862 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Probably been asked before but... New to the club. Recently got a really nice HUO Sopranos. Anybody know where to get some of the dancer figures? Someone suggested looking on Amazon. What did you search for? I’m sure I’ll be back here asking more questions sooner or later. Thanks! Mìke

The dancer referred to is one of these dashboard items:

ebay.com link: Fits Fiat Diesel Semi Truck Trailer DashBoard Swinging Pole Girl Dancer

The manufacturer makes several different ladies to choose from and you can also find them on Amazon. Be aware though that they are slightly larger than the game's original dancers. I purchased one as a potential upgrade but the size difference was too noticeable for me.

#863 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeSinMD:

Also, my safe only registers hits about half of the time. Any way to adjust this? Thanks! Mìke

Adjust or replace the two switches. My safe was only registering hits half the time and I replaced both roller switches and in the process also discovered that one of the switch's wires had broken cleanly inside of its protective sleeve (?!).

My safe now registers every hit and it's a "beautiful thing" to bash.

1 month later
#872 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

So after owning my machine for a little over a year now, I finally reached Boss. Boy was that lackluster though! All I noticed was the music changed, maybe some other callouts but it didn't even have something comparable to the awesome intro animation and such that plays when you reach Underboss. Still love this game but man was I disappointed!

I have yet to reach Boss level, but it sure sounds like it could benefit from a code enhancement. While I'm dreaming, I'll throw in a request for higher point values for completing the modes too. Other than the horse racing and poker ones (my favorites), I usually focus more on setting up and maintaining multiballs than finishing modes as their point payoffs are just meh.

1 week later
#879 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I am considering making an offer on a Sopranos available locally and looking for some feedback on this game. For a reference, my newest pin is a Demo Man currently. Any advice on gameplay or perhaps value as well on this title? Thanks for any input.

Assuming you like the theme, Sopranos is one of the best early Stern DMD games (IMHO) and would make a great transition into more modern games for your collection. Not overly complex or nearly as deep code-wise as the latest games, but LOTS of fun to shoot and loaded with great callouts. The $^%@&! frenzy is unparalled and still makes me and guests laugh every time!

I've owned a dozen quality modern Stern games and Sopranos (one of two remaining) ranks up there among them! Value tends to hold up well as demand is only increasing and supply isn't.

2 months later
#906 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Nevermind, I am a dumbass. I neglected to reconnect the ribbon cable. All is well now.

Sounds like a bad case of "fuckfaceitis".

(LOVE that callout!)

3 months later
#918 2 years ago
Quoted from RGAires:

Hello, is This normal on the sopranos? Flipper switchs only have one leaf...
Thanks

No - that switch is missing a 2nd leaf segment to complete the circuit.

#919 2 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Lighted flipper buttons installed. Another mod I have on all my pins. ...

Yep - me too!

DSC05793 (resized).JPGDSC05793 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#928 2 years ago
Quoted from timlah79:

... mine was NIB, given to Soprano's actress Edie Falco by Stern as a thank you gift. It hadn't been unboxed it until she did so in order to sign the backglass upon selling it to a local dealer a little under 2 years ago (who then sold it to me obviously). ...

Wait ... "Carmela" isn't into pinball?!

Marone!

#933 2 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Added the RGB speaker mod today and the lexan chrome gun overlay. Some sweet mods. Thinking on just leaving them red all the time.

Good choice! I keep mine on red all the time.

20211217_215029 (resized).jpg20211217_215029 (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#958 2 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Hi guys, where to find a good Sopranos rulesheet?
Grazie

More good info:

https://www.pinballnews.com/games/sopranos/index4.html

1 week later
#964 2 years ago
2 weeks later
#973 2 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

I don't believe there is shaker support for Sopranos. But if the custom software was created for RFM with shaker support, someone must know how to program it in. Love the shaker in my RFM.

Yep - I like shakers, but it's not in the current Sopranos code.

#976 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So I got two 12v led's for the boat and fish. Stock were the old led's. The fish worked in test the boat (surgots?) did not (lamp test 24) I swapped the boat to a 6v led and it works great....got me wondering if only the fish is a "12v flasher" where the boat is a normal one....

I would expect all lighting to be same voltage (6V in this case). A quick check with a multimeter will confirm.

General rule (I'm sure there are exceptions) I've found with my games is that Stern/Bally/Williams games typically require 6V bulbs. JJP games require 12V bulbs.

1 month later
#992 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Eh, I’ve sold a few high end games and it’s always plus shipping. And plus $200 to bulletproof wrap it on a pallet.
You can sell for whatever with whatever you want but the market could just want it at asking plug shipping (400-500$)
For the one route sopranos we did colordmd, super bands and mirror blades, wirh cool white LEDs. Wow. Looks amazing in a dark bar. The worst reliability is the safe switch harness. What a pita
[quoted image]

Living in a corner of the country a I do, I typically do a lot of shipping in order to appeal to more buyers. As such, the cost is on me and I just try and do as a seller, what I would hope to see as a buyer.

Anyway ... I have sadly left the Sopranos club. GREAT game! I will miss mine and wish many future hours of enjoyment for all who play it at its new home in the Midwest!

DSC00198 (resized).JPGDSC00198 (resized).JPG
20220308_123344_resized (resized).jpg20220308_123344_resized (resized).jpg

1 year later
#1074 1 year ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

... I'm buying a NIB Sopranos next Wednesday! ... Yes that's right,NIB! ...

. Marone!

Bada Bing! Bada Boom!

Congrats goomba - enjoy!

6 months later
#1178 6 months ago
Quoted from jrcmlc:

DK called me last night and explained it, I tried it out and yep, it works. Sneaky.

Here's a gameplay video demonstrating it too:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Tuna_Delight.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sopranos-owners-club-members-only-wheres-the-money?tu=Tuna_Delight and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.