(Topic ID: 127332)

Sopranos owners club! (members only) Where's the $*#$@! money?

By GoBlue

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,196 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 months ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4323 (resized).jpeg
20240106_174232.jpg
20240106_174249.jpg
20240106_122537 (resized).jpg
IMG_4208 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3552 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230903_010956166 (resized).jpg
break (resized).jpg
IMG_8797 (resized).JPG
IMG_8793 (resized).JPG
IMG_8794 (resized).JPG
right outlane plastic (resized).jpg
sopranos backglass (resized).jpg
AACB409F-F23F-45F2-898A-7D7308F06DA1 (resized).png
There are 1,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 24.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

An interesting thing happened yesterday, dont know if its a scoring bug or something, but when i was playing single ball, I managed to open safe and hit the safe on the third level (good earner?) and ...10 million! Is this normal, what could have caused this massive scoring for level 3 safe?

Interesting ... I don't recall seeing that yet.

#252 6 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Interesting ... I don't recall seeing that yet.

Did you open the safe for three consecutive ranks?

#253 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Any protectors for the safe plastic?

None that I can see. A different seller has another clear plastic set, one with the Safe plastic that sits above the safe. Nothing for the actual plastic that covers the safe switches though. Link: ebay.com link: Clear Plastic Set for STERN Sopranos Pinball Machine

3 weeks later
#254 6 years ago

I joined the club this week.
It's been on my hit list for a couple of years now.
A nice example and play very nice.
The game to me does have that, just one more game feeling.

IMG_2174 (resized).JPGIMG_2174 (resized).JPG

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

I joined the club this week.

"Welcome to this thing of ours!"

#256 6 years ago

My dad just picked up one of these last night, the seller also threw in a free firepower (that needs alot of tlc) Sopranos looks great and is a blast, only issue was the fishes jaw is missing and cant seem to find one in stock, any suggestions where I may find one?

#258 6 years ago

I lost a spot light cone on sopranos. Have more coming however I see new sterns have shrink tube on them to hold them. Does anyone know the size of shrink tube?

#259 6 years ago

I got mine at Marco -- similar price, I would guess they will b back in stock at some point

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I lost a spot light cone on sopranos. Have more coming however I see new sterns have shrink tube on them to hold them. Does anyone know the size of shrink tube?

If i were you I'd go to Home Depot and just get a variety pack. It's very inexpensive and you won't believe how often you'll use it.

#261 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

If i were you I'd go to Home Depot and just get a variety pack. It's very inexpensive and you won't believe how often you'll use it.

I think I may have a variety pack.... I just never think of how much they shrink I'll post up after the deed is done

#262 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

I got mine at Marco -- similar price, I would guess they will b back in stock at some point

I just ordered one from Pinball Resource, in stock, $18 ^-^

#263 6 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPhantom:

Nice

#264 6 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPhantom:

18 bucks?!? Gonna order a spare!

#265 6 years ago

Under what circumstances do people actually break the poor fish's underjaw?

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

Under what circumstances do people actually break the poor fish's underjaw?

I would LOVE to know this, I've seen a few people need them, or replace them with a 3D print out. We got the machine used and the jaw was broken in the bottom of the cabinet. and it looks like it was broken more than once and re glued a few times. AFAIK the ball doesn't even come close to it during play. maybe falling balls when the machine is on it's end for transportation and the balls have not been removed? but even then, I figured the pole dancers would be in more trouble the the fish jaw

#267 6 years ago

My jaw rattles loose over time from all the up/down action then eventually falls off. Tried thread lock but no better. Then I accidentally over tightened the screw and found out that it's really easy to crack the jaw that way, probably making the loosening issue worse.

#268 6 years ago

retro refurbs is closed for the unforeseeable future. Anyone have the plastic behind the safe?

I did order a pinbits protector set, so that will help with any future stuff but man I got some cracked plastics :/

#269 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

retro refurbs is closed for the unforeseeable future. Anyone have the plastic behind the safe?

Didn't hear about this...

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Didn't hear about this...

They seem open enough if you look at their website.

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

They seem open enough if you look at their website.

Site was closed last week. He mentioned a vacation but shut down his Pinside account and such

#272 6 years ago

They are back open and trading.
A bit of a website change thats all.

#273 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

They are back open and trading.
A bit of a website change thats all.

ha they are! I need their sopranos kit

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

ha they are! I need their sopranos kit

Yer I back ordered it last night. New stock arriving soon

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from Toads:

Yer I back ordered it last night. New stock arriving soon

Yay! I'll order now I have rebuilds for all the coil parts coming. Going to be a whole new game! Man is it a dog when I pulled it off route.

2 months later
#277 6 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

i am in the club

"Welcome, to this thing of ours!"

Top 5 game for me.

#278 6 years ago

Somebody can scan for me 2 plastics which located on safe?

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

On the back of the safe?

#280 6 years ago

adf971580ab39fc02ff2893afbb8f01602ea5e51 (resized).jpgadf971580ab39fc02ff2893afbb8f01602ea5e51 (resized).jpg

#281 6 years ago

I have the clear part, my colored part broke and I have a new one from retro refurbs. I also think someone scanned the color one in for me and posted it in this thread. I don't have time at the moment to search but I can later.

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from vbobrusev:

I got some repro safe and slingshot plastics and scanned them before fitting them. Hope they are good enough to help.

Sopranos slings & safe (resized).jpgSopranos slings & safe (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#283 6 years ago

Looks like I’m about to join the club. Might be picking up a pretty much stock HUO Sopranos. The first thing I’m gonna do is a full LED conversion. Anybody have any recommendations on the different prepackaged LED Kits for this pin? Or a general idea of the types of LEDs you might have used to do your own? Some pics would be cool.

#284 6 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Looks like I’m about to join the club. Might be picking up a pretty much stock HUO Sopranos. The first thing I’m gonna do is a full LED conversion. Anybody have any recommendations on the different prepackaged LED Kits for this pin? Or a general idea of the types of LEDs you might have used to do your own? Some pics would be cool.

I still go by Pinball bulbs kits. That said, pretty easy one to do without a kit —lots of white GI and mostly color match inserts. Stage looks nice with an overhead led strip

1 week later
#285 6 years ago

Topshop'd my Sopranos yesterday, and added a playfield protector.
Was a little fuckering with learning what to remove how, but next time it will go quicker.

Added GI leds and then the protector, and put stuff back. Looks and feels great!

20171018_182934 (resized).jpg20171018_182934 (resized).jpg

20171018_183418 (resized).jpg20171018_183418 (resized).jpg

20171018_221811 (resized).jpg20171018_221811 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#286 6 years ago

what i dont get is , it bothers me alot how the safe looks when closed what a pieces of crap design realy , didnt somebody figure out how to make it close nicely everytime ???

#287 6 years ago

It is strange how some safe's don't close properly.

I haven't adjusted mine as it is pretty close to being ok.

IMG_2188 (resized).JPGIMG_2188 (resized).JPG

#288 6 years ago

Indeed it looks good , there are few factors that can cause bad closing of safe a bad nyliner in my case one is in half also the white teflon blocks that are on a ballguide maybe guide is little bend to the outsides,or the 2 pin where the safehalfs are on that one is bend mostly the left one .. thats what i think.

#289 6 years ago

Looking at your picture on the left side where the teflon L is on the guide , your guide on the topside seems bend abnormaly . Iam allmost sure that when you hold the two safe side together and look at how much space is between the L shaped teflon guide there will be on mine 2 or 3 millimeter space on both sides , so what iam going to do is take the L teflon pieces of the guides and dremel the side that is against the guide as much as the space is between the safe and L is now and sure problem will be gone forever .

Also the left pivot point of left safehalf is a little bend to the left by getting the most beating of the two ..

#290 6 years ago

Does somebody also know are the safehalfs normal steel or are they hardend steel ? They look not hardend by me.

If they are not hardend iam going to do this to them to make them stronger , dont know if the steel ball is going to like it !?

#291 6 years ago

Just saw COLORDMD's video on YouTube. Wow! Does anyone have any other vids of color dmd on sopranos? Thoughts?

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from TiltDis:

Just saw COLORDMD's video on YouTube. Wow! Does anyone have any other vids of color dmd on sopranos? Thoughts?

I have one installed - huge huge improvement, although I think that’s true on any game. Makes it look much more modern

#293 6 years ago

Maybe I will do pin2dmd colorization for this game.

1 month later
#294 6 years ago

I have cabinet decals for sopranos. If somebody need this - let me know
 ?????? 2017-12-17 ? 11.40.58 (resized).png ?????? 2017-12-17 ? 11.40.58 (resized).png
 ?????? 2017-12-17 ? 11.41.25 (resized).png ?????? 2017-12-17 ? 11.41.25 (resized).png

2 weeks later
#295 6 years ago

Borrowing Mbecker 's game wasn't good enough, and I took the opportunity to import a nice example from Italy. Currently playing in the original mafia's mother tongue feels amusingly realistic!

This is top 5 for me too.

#296 6 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Borrowing mbecker 's game wasn't good enough, and I took the opportunity to import a nice example from Italy. Currently playing in the original mafia's mother tongue feels amusingly realistic!
This is top 5 for me too.

How does yours play in comparison?

#297 6 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

How does yours play in comparison?

I only played a couple test games, but pretty similar, flips strong and all the shots flow well. Only thing I noticed was the safe could be a little more sensitive to hits. I need to put it through the ringer a bit more with some bigger games. Looking forward to LED and upgrade the audio. I guess I'll switch it to English too when the novelty wears off and doesn't amuse me anymore.

#298 6 years ago
Quoted from Spies:

Getting a ton of airballs off the stugots drop target, is there a fix besides disabling the damn thing?

Just joined the club
Getting crazy air balls off the left flipper
put some velco infront and behind the the target....it helps, but I can still get airballs that jump over slingshots to the outlane.

How to fix!

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

Just joined the club
Getting crazy air balls off the left flipper
put some velco infront and behind the the target....it helps, but I can still get airballs that jump over slingshots to the outlane.
How to fix!

You need to shorten the drop target spring so its tighter

#300 6 years ago

I just avoid hard drop target hits from left flipper

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sopranos-owners-club-members-only-wheres-the-money/page/6?hl=boiydiego and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.