(Topic ID: 127332)

Sopranos owners club! (members only) Where's the $*#$@! money?

By GoBlue

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,196 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 82 days ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 81 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_4323 (resized).jpeg
20240106_174232.jpg
20240106_174249.jpg
20240106_122537 (resized).jpg
IMG_4208 (resized).jpeg
image0 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_3552 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20230903_010956166 (resized).jpg
break (resized).jpg
IMG_8797 (resized).JPG
IMG_8793 (resized).JPG
IMG_8794 (resized).JPG
right outlane plastic (resized).jpg
sopranos backglass (resized).jpg
AACB409F-F23F-45F2-898A-7D7308F06DA1 (resized).png

There are 1,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 24.
#951 2 years ago

Anyone have a link or kit for a real knocker? I saw someone made a kit sometime ago looks like it's not around any more. That screech drives me nuts! I usually turn anything that gives a credit into a free ball and I made the match odds through the sky just not to hear that screech! Any ideas?

#952 2 years ago

Sweet, looks great! Thanks for sharing!

Quoted from PhillyArcade:

Using non ghosting in mine seems ok. Just 2 on the episodes board show a small amount of light when off. Other than that, LED on! Comet non-ghosting all over mine...

#953 2 years ago
Quoted from mpdpvdpin:

Thinking of picking up a Sopranos this weekend. The inserts are still incandescent bulbs. I know whitestar boards are sometimes a flickering nightmare with LEDs. Is it absolutely necessary to use LED OCD on this title? Or can I get away with comet non-ghosting LED? Thanks!

Just put Comet non-ghosting warm whites in. I love the look. Very happy and no ghosting or flicker issues that I've seen.

#954 2 years ago

That’s the plan!

Quoted from insight75:

Just put Comet non-ghosting warm whites in. I love the look. Very happy and no ghosting or flicker issues that I've seen.

#955 2 years ago

Hi guys, where to find a good Sopranos rulesheet?
Grazie

#956 2 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Grazie

I’ve used this… haven’t noticed errors, but we’ve only had the game for a month or so…

http://pinball.org/rules/sopranos.pdf

Have fun!

#957 2 years ago

Nice, thanks !

#958 2 years ago
Quoted from Shadrac:

Grazie

More good info:

https://www.pinballnews.com/games/sopranos/index4.html

#959 2 years ago

Brought the route Sopranos home to shop and refresh.

What color rubbers look good? Was thinking of clear or black
Anyone mix up the pop bumper body and skirt color?

Game is going back on route, so cool white led's, mirror blades and color dmd. Make it really show the pf in a dark bar.

Once I do this game, I may have to actually do my own sopranos :-p hahha

#960 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Brought the route Sopranos home to shop and refresh.
What color rubbers look good? Was thinking of clear or black
Anyone mix up the pop bumper body and skirt color?
Game is going back on route, so cool white led's, mirror blades and color dmd. Make it really show the pf in a dark bar.
Once I do this game, I may have to actually do my own sopranos :-p hahha

IMO clear looks great.

#961 2 years ago
Quoted from okgrak:

IMO clear looks great.

I wanted clear but Marco only had enough black super bands to make a kit :/ should be fine looking but I need to get led's and mirror blades I think to help brighten the game up.

1 week later
#962 2 years ago

Hi! I made update for colorization on Pin2dmd. It was big updated where i fixed:
1) Common color adjustments
2) Add new colorization to 2X shakedown, 2X safe, 2X truck heist
3) New colorizations inside trucks
4) Add main scenes colorization, like Portals menu, Game info and etc
5) Colorize all food plates before food fight mode.
6) Pork store and random awards

And many more other things. Who purchased real pin files, please redownload personal links and update files on your sd card.
Screenshot 2022-01-26 at 15.22.42 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-01-26 at 15.22.42 (resized).png

#963 2 years ago

The two "oem"/stock leds inside the boat and the fish. Are those normal 44's that can be swapped in for a normal led?

EDIT: Nope! they are 12v leds, stern part #112-5023-08

I would think, coin takers, 12 v super would work
https://cointaker.com/products/1815-super-a908283e-8a33-44de-ba5f-7776c5fe1fc2
or
comet 4-1 tower
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/12v-4-1-tower
or comet optomax
https://www.cometpinball.com/products/opmax-12v

Has anyone replaced those?

IMG_4136 (resized).jpegIMG_4136 (resized).jpegIMG_4137 (resized).jpegIMG_4137 (resized).jpeg
#964 2 years ago
#965 2 years ago

A quick video of my Sopranos in action.
Great game!

#966 2 years ago

Just took the safe apart, washed it and installed new nylon and safe metal. Now the safe barely wants to move back and forward.

Are those new nylon bushings just a tight fit, have to work it in or should I look at fiddling with the nylon or how straight the safe metal tabs are?

BC58E7BF-E18B-4915-B846-256FEF15CE64 (resized).jpegBC58E7BF-E18B-4915-B846-256FEF15CE64 (resized).jpeg
#967 2 years ago

Ok so the back hole works and slides great! But the front hole of each safe door with the washer on the nylon is stupid tight. By the manual it seems to show that the nylon goes through the washer then jnto the safe? Maybe I’m wrong and the washer just goes on the eclip safe side?

87FD271D-E62F-40B1-9D79-50490EC802DD (resized).jpeg87FD271D-E62F-40B1-9D79-50490EC802DD (resized).jpegAAA09971-E8F6-4E3D-9B4A-94505C97E151 (resized).jpegAAA09971-E8F6-4E3D-9B4A-94505C97E151 (resized).jpegB85C3F04-F098-4AC8-960B-24853058B3EF (resized).jpegB85C3F04-F098-4AC8-960B-24853058B3EF (resized).jpeg
#968 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Ok so the back hole works and slides great! But the front hole of each safe door with the washer on the nylon is stupid tight. By the manual it seems to show that the nylon goes through the washer then jnto the safe? Maybe I’m wrong and the washer just goes on the eclip safe side?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I *believe* that how you have it in the first photo is correct. The nylon washers should be on the back side of the assembly, outside of where the e-clips are. That is how ours is, but we have safe issues as well, so take that for what it's worth. LOL.

Chris

#969 2 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

I *believe* that how you have it in the first photo is correct. The nylon washers should be on the back side of the assembly, outside of where the e-clips are. That is how ours is, but we have safe issues as well, so take that for what it's worth. LOL.
Chris

Yeah, I think you're right. I think the replacement nylon bushings are way too tight. I ended up using 2 old nylon ones that were still intact and it works just fine now.... I could try and just open them up more but not sure I want to mess with it now that it works.

#970 2 years ago

So who else almost snapped their neck running back to the TV last night? Best super bowl commercial ever! Now I need to buy one just so I can load my Sopranos pin in the back of it! Lots of little hints they may might make a come back with the show!

#971 2 years ago

Shaker motor kit

Hi Guys just wondering if anyone has installed a shaker motor. This is my first Stern so not familiar with how easy it is .... a kit would be awesome , I looked online but have't been able to find a simple plug and play kit in stock anywhere. Any leads or advice would be appreciated

#972 2 years ago
Quoted from Whitewater:

Shaker motor kit
Hi Guys just wondering if anyone has installed a shaker motor. This is my first Stern so not familiar with how easy it is .... a kit would be awesome , I looked online but have't been able to find a simple plug and play kit in stock anywhere. Any leads or advice would be appreciated

I don't believe there is shaker support for Sopranos. But if the custom software was created for RFM with shaker support, someone must know how to program it in. Love the shaker in my RFM.

#973 2 years ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

I don't believe there is shaker support for Sopranos. But if the custom software was created for RFM with shaker support, someone must know how to program it in. Love the shaker in my RFM.

Yep - I like shakers, but it's not in the current Sopranos code.

#974 2 years ago

So I got two 12v led's for the boat and fish. Stock were the old led's. The fish worked in test the boat (surgots?) did not (lamp test 24) I swapped the boat to a 6v led and it works great....got me wondering if only the fish is a "12v flasher" where the boat is a normal one....

game is almost back together! just need to glue the strippers back together. They seem to be like 3-4 pieces and are glued. Did anyone use a plastics glue, super glue or epoxy?

#975 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So I got two 12v led's for the boat and fish. Stock were the old led's. The fish worked in test the boat (surgots?) did not (lamp test 24) I swapped the boat to a 6v led and it works great....got me wondering if only the fish is a "12v flasher" where the boat is a normal one....
game is almost back together! just need to glue the strippers back together. They seem to be like 3-4 pieces and are glued. Did anyone use a plastics glue, super glue or epoxy?

I have 6v in both seem to be working fine. I did a blue in the boat looks nice when it's on in blue.

#976 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I would expect all lighting to be same voltage (6V in this case). A quick check with a multimeter will confirm.

General rule (I'm sure there are exceptions) I've found with my games is that Stern/Bally/Williams games typically require 6V bulbs. JJP games require 12V bulbs.

#977 2 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I would expect all lighting to be same voltage (6V in this case). A quick check with a multimeter will confirm.
General rule (I'm sure there are exceptions) I've found with my games is that Stern/Bally/Williams games typically require 6V bulbs. JJP games require 12V bulbs.

I should dmm it, but the fish is a “flasher” on the coil list, the boat is just a lamp on the lamp matrix.

A 12v bulb in the boat did not light up when tested

#978 2 years ago

One of these days I'll beat this thing! I keep getting so close to being the boss! I was one meadow lands away! New Titan rubbers and fresh wax make it hard to play that's for sure! Ball control is brutal.

51891904472_607aa7e260_o (resized).jpg51891904472_607aa7e260_o (resized).jpg51892947978_69b4b95d33_o (resized).jpg51892947978_69b4b95d33_o (resized).jpg51893514195_ded581c2c5_o (resized).jpg51893514195_ded581c2c5_o (resized).jpg
#979 2 years ago
Quoted from PhillyArcade:

One of these days I'll beat this thing! I keep getting so close to being the boss! I was one meadow lands away! New Titan rubbers and fresh wax make it hard to play that's for sure! Ball control is brutal.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice car man. Always wanted one of them.

#980 2 years ago
Quoted from insight75:

Nice car man. Always wanted one of them.

Thanks! I've owned this one over 20 years now. Will trade for pins!

#981 2 years ago

<-------

I've had a few over the years. Love 'em.

#982 2 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

<-------
I've had a few over the years. Love 'em.

Nice! I had an 86 GN CF1 car totally stock every option that I owned a long time and sold that a few years back. This 87 I had so long I paid 6K for it many moons ago! I also have a 89 turbo trans am 30K original on it. I'm a turbo junkie. I sold so many games back in the that's what I was buying with the profits. but I'm moving need more space for the pins so I might like my 87 go soon to fee up some cash.

1 week later
#983 2 years ago

So i recently picked up a sopranos and it’s going on route.

Went to put a 2611 MEI mars acceptor and noticed the game has a 9 pin connector but it’s much larger then the standard 9 pin connector that are used on new sterns and older then sopranos.

Anyone have any idea what I’m missing? Does sopranos take a different wire harness for the acceptor?

#984 2 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

So i recently picked up a sopranos and it’s going on route.
Went to put a 2611 MEI mars acceptor and noticed the game has a 9 pin connector but it’s much larger then the standard 9 pin connector that are used on new sterns and older then sopranos.
Anyone have any idea what I’m missing? Does sopranos take a different wire harness for the acceptor?

Not sure but this is the plug on ours:

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#985 2 years ago

Question on the safe. I am rebuilding ours and THOUGHT I had all I needed. The new safe body parts do t have these sleeves. I don’t see them on Marco’s site.

Anyone know what these are called and / or where to get them?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#986 2 years ago

Question on the safe. I am rebuilding ours and THOUGHT I had all I needed. The new safe body parts do t have these sleeves. I don’t see them on Marco’s site.
Anyone know what these are called and / or where to get them?[quoted image][quoted image]

I just had this issue. In the manual they list them and I ordered them from PBL or Marco but they were too tight and the safe wouldn’t slide nicely. Ended up reading the old ones. The new ones may be able to be opened up or sanded inside? Not sure

#987 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just had this issue. In the manual they list them and I ordered them from PBL or Marco but they were too tight and the safe wouldn’t slide nicely. Ended up reading the old ones. The new ones may be able to be opened up or sanded inside? Not sure

Ugh. okay. I found a manual then ordered some from Marco. Hopefully they will work but I'll be sure to watch that. The old ones are pretty broken up

Chris

#988 2 years ago

Not sure but this is the plug on ours:[quoted image]

Thank you!

Mine definitely is missing that. I’m not sure how but it’s missing that haha thanks

3 weeks later
#989 1 year ago

Seeing how much these are selling for lately is making me consider selling mine. Only issue is, it would require me shipping it. I think I would include it in the cost at the recent sales of this game.

#990 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Seeing how much these are selling for lately is making me consider selling mine. Only issue is, it would require me shipping it. I think I would include it in the cost at the recent sales of this game.

Eh, I’ve sold a few high end games and it’s always plus shipping. And plus $200 to bulletproof wrap it on a pallet.
You can sell for whatever with whatever you want but the market could just want it at asking plug shipping (400-500$)

For the one route sopranos we did colordmd, super bands and mirror blades, wirh cool white LEDs. Wow. Looks amazing in a dark bar. The worst reliability is the safe switch harness. What a pita

76F07629-382E-43FF-90C0-30F0482A4BBA (resized).jpeg76F07629-382E-43FF-90C0-30F0482A4BBA (resized).jpeg
#991 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Eh, I’ve sold a few high end games and it’s always plus shipping. And plus $200 to bulletproof wrap it on a pallet.
You can sell for whatever with whatever you want but the market could just want it at asking plug shipping (400-500$)
For the one route sopranos we did colordmd, super bands and mirror blades, wirh cool white LEDs. Wow. Looks amazing in a dark bar. The worst reliability is the safe switch harness. What a pita
[quoted image]

Yeah, but the market is not so great in Alaksa and shipping will probably be around 1k I am guessing. People don't pay the going rate for games up here for the most part.

#992 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

[quoted image]

Living in a corner of the country a I do, I typically do a lot of shipping in order to appeal to more buyers. As such, the cost is on me and I just try and do as a seller, what I would hope to see as a buyer.

Anyway ... I have sadly left the Sopranos club. GREAT game! I will miss mine and wish many future hours of enjoyment for all who play it at its new home in the Midwest!

DSC00198 (resized).JPGDSC00198 (resized).JPG
20220308_123344_resized (resized).jpg20220308_123344_resized (resized).jpg

#993 1 year ago

Living in a corner of the country a I do, I typically do a lot of shipping in order to appeal to more buyers. As such, the cost is on me and I just try and do as a seller, what I would hope to see as a buyer.
Anyway ... I have sadly left the Sopranos club. GREAT game! I will miss it and wish many future hours of enjoyment for all who play it at its new home in the Midwest!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Wow. Beautiful machine.

#994 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Yeah, but the market is not so great in Alaksa and shipping will probably be around 1k I am guessing. People don't pay the going rate for games up here for the most part.

Ahhh didn’t see that. You could split shipping

#995 1 year ago

Anyway ... I have sadly left the Sopranos club. GREAT game! I will miss mine and wish many future hours of enjoyment for all who play it at its new home in the Midwest!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

You did a great job and I am greatly appreciative of the care you took to package and ship. It was an awesome job and it has a great new home in Sandusky Ohio.

#996 1 year ago

Hi! I have 2 full repro sets left in stock for Sopranos. Free express courier shipping will provided for this order. Let me know who interested.

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#997 1 year ago

Just after I bought my NIB Sopranos a little over a year ago (Yes it was NIB, long story...), I replaced the stock display with a ColorDMD. I'm looking to sell the stock display which is obviously in like new/new condition. Please PM me with a reasonable offer if interested.

#998 1 year ago
Quoted from timlah79:

Just after I bought my NIB Sopranos a little over a year ago (Yes it was NIB, long story...), I replaced the stock display with a ColorDMD. I'm looking to sell the stock display which is obviously in like new/new condition. Please PM me with a reasonable offer if interested.

How much do these go for normally? Mine is fading slightly on one end I think.

#999 1 year ago

Hello,
I’m looking for a Sexy Girl shooting rod. PM me if you have one for sell.

Thank you

2 months later
#1000 1 year ago

Hello folks, as a proud owner of a sopranos for one year, I need help!

is there a way to choose wich episode you want to start ?

thank's

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 1,196 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sopranos-owners-club-members-only-wheres-the-money/page/20?hl=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.