New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 127332)

Sopranos owners club! (members only) Where's the $*#$@! money?

By GoBlue

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 813 posts
  • 123 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by northvibe
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 227 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DSC06023 (resized).JPG
DSC05990 (resized).JPG
20200820_080951 (resized).jpg
20200820_080944 (resized).jpg
20200820_080852 (resized).jpg
table (resized).jpg
topper (resized).jpg
Safe (resized).jpg
dirty (resized).jpg
CLEAN (resized).jpg
plasticFix (resized).jpg
Plastics (resized).jpg
gate (resized).jpg
54EB9888-091F-454B-BBCB-940EB7F57F03 (resized).jpeg
FDD1BBD0-33AF-4B00-BA80-0257B90232C2 (resized).jpeg
F381ED83-46DB-4CDE-9E94-8EC75E933E20 (resized).jpeg

There are 813 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.
#801 52 days ago

Bought this dynamite mod, from a limited run a while back by a fellow Pinsider, for installation in a potential future AC/DC. Decided to install it in my Sopranos in the meantime as it fits this theme as well.

DSC05990 (resized).JPG

DSC06023 (resized).JPG

#802 52 days ago

Looks good!

#803 52 days ago

So a buddy if mine did the super skill shot (holding the left flipper to start) and hit some quick combo that instantly made him the boss for 10secs while he missed every shot. Wish I had paid attention to the combo that did it...

I'm having a problem with the drop target in front of the boat. Some times it will not go down how hard you hit it and the ball shoots back hard hitting the glass and then a very slight tap will knock it down. How do I fix this?

#804 51 days ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

So a buddy if mine did the super skill shot (holding the left flipper to start) and hit some quick combo that instantly made him the boss for 10secs while he missed every shot. Wish I had paid attention to the combo that did it...
I'm having a problem with the drop target in front of the boat. Some times it will not go down how hard you hit it and the ball shoots back hard hitting the glass and then a very slight tap will knock it down. How do I fix this?

sometimes it is the retention spring not being tight enough. Similar issues on GB too. Try going into test and doing the drop/up by hand and then when you know it is good movement, try a new spring.

#805 51 days ago

That’s a common problem. I try to avoid that target with the left flipper. It’s best to catch the ball with the right flipper and then shoot the right corner of the target.

1 month later
#806 20 days ago

*ISSUE*

Hi everyone.. first time owner...lol
ok, in multi player games, if a person has a ball locked in the boat and their ball ends, then the next player shoots a ball up there to lock a ball, the boat lets both balls come out instead of just one so now 2 balls are on play field during normal (not multiball) game play. (the player just has one lock).
Also, sometimes during game play, if you shoot balls up there for super jackpots, the ball post will wedge the ball on top of the tip of post and it has to be shook free.
another note, even if you do get multiball and the lock post goes to release balls, its supposed to do one, post come up, then post go down and release another. sometimes it releases both balls at once...one post drops, both balls fall out simultaneously.
any fixes?

#807 20 days ago

I would inspect and tweak all of the roll over switches that detect thee ball on the right side. One could be disengaging late allowing the post to come up late.

Also you can go into switch test mode and put balls in that lock to see how sensitive the switches are.

#808 20 days ago

I added a spring to push it up a little harder. has worked perfect ever since.. mine seemed to be releasing the 2nd ball because the post didn't come up quite fast enough. Certainly a switch adjustment there could help too potentially.

1 week later
#809 9 days ago

Had my Sopranos shut down, moved cross-country and put in storage for a few months. All told it's been unplugged and turned off for the past 7 months. Got it out of storage and set up over the weekend. Wasn't terribly surprised that it re-set all of the settings and high scores. Some issues though since powering it back on.
1. When I turn it off and then turn it back on again each time it has a message on the display to open the coin door, it won't do anything until I do that. Once I do open the coin door it seems to be happy and is ready for a game. Annoying to open the door every time, how do I fix this issue?

2. Each time I've started it up (just a few times now), it doesn't remember any of the settings I changed the previous time, only things I've done are turn the volume down and set it for free play. Each time I turn it back on I have to do this again, why is it not remembering the changes I made?

3. Not necessarily a problem with the machine, but as luck would have it on my first game in months I hit the buoy that leads to the boat, when I did the plastic piece snapped in half and went flying. Did some google searches and cannot find that replacement part, does anyone know where to find it? Any ideas why it would've snapped in half after my first game, did it get brittle or weak from being in storage?

#810 9 days ago

Okay, duh, I figured out my problem. I'd never replaced the AA batteries! Now that I researched I realized this was a rookie mistake and I should have been replacing them every year or so.

The battery holder fell down off it's location on the board. The batteries did have some corrosion on them but thankfully nothing got on the board. I knocked the corrosion off the battery holder when I took the batteries off.

Is it okay to just put new batteries in there, or because of the minor corrosion should I get a whole new battery holder?

The battery holder appears to be only held in with a plastic bracket thing and a zip tie, there are two little prongs that go into the board. Is that correct? Nothing needs to be soldered, it just needs to make contact with those little prongs/pins?

#811 9 days ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

Okay, duh, I figured out my problem. I'd never replaced the AA batteries! Now that I researched I realized this was a rookie mistake and I should have been replacing them every year or so.
The battery holder fell down off it's location on the board. The batteries did have some corrosion on them but thankfully nothing got on the board. I knocked the corrosion off the battery holder when I took the batteries off.
Is it okay to just put new batteries in there, or because of the minor corrosion should I get a whole new battery holder?
The battery holder appears to be only held in with a plastic bracket thing and a zip tie, there are two little prongs that go into the board. Is that correct? Nothing needs to be soldered, it just needs to make contact with those little prongs/pins?

Grab NVRAM and never have to worry again.

#812 9 days ago
Quoted from Irishbastard:

Grab NVRAM and never have to worry again.

Second this. It’s plug and play on the board, no board skills necessary.

#813 7 days ago

Oh ya, I need to take the time and throw nvram into my games.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 99.00
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
There are 813 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 17.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside