(Topic ID: 127332)

Sopranos owners club! (members only) Where's the $*#$@! money?

By GoBlue

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,200 posts
  • 172 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 39 hours ago by DK
  • Topic is favorited by 82 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7631 (resized).jpg
IMG_7630 (resized).jpg
IMG_7629 (resized).jpg
IMG_7627 (resized).jpg
IMG_7628 (resized).jpg
IMG_7626 (resized).jpg
IMG_7625 (resized).jpg
IMG_7624 (resized).jpg
IMG_7621 (resized).jpg
IMG_7623 (resized).jpg
IMG_7622 (resized).jpg
IMG_4323 (resized).jpeg
20240106_174232.jpg
20240106_174249.jpg
20240106_122537 (resized).jpg
IMG_4208 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,200 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 24.
#701 4 years ago
Quoted from Triball:

Looking for LEDs for my Sopranos. Wonder if I should just get a complete kit or buy them individually. Anyone have a LED-chart or an list of bulbs you have ordered for yours? I have some other pins as well which I also plan to upgrade, so I might go for a bulk order of different colors. Trying to save some bucks instead of buying several kits. Thanks!

I'll get you the list of the ones I purchased from comet. It was not a kit. Give me a day or two and I'll have the list posted.

#702 4 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

I'll get you the list of the ones I purchased from comet. It was not a kit. Give me a day or two and I'll have the list posted.

Thanks! Really appreciated!

#703 4 years ago

Alright here's what I purchased from comet pinball. I chose not to replace the two slingshot flashers, the two pop bumper flashers and the flasher underneath the bing girls. I had purchased 5smd LEDs for them but I found that the incandescent bulbs in those were brighter than the LEDs.

Here's the list

Playfield Inserts. These were colour matched to the inserts. All bulbs for the playfield inserts are 1smd non ghosting clear LED bulbs. For the whites, I went with Sunshine white but you may want to check the different options for yourself.

White bayonet 44 X 8
White wedge 555 X 26
Red bayonet 44 X 9
Red wedge 555 X 8
Yellow wedge 555 X 2
Blue wedge 555 X 5
Purple wedge 555 X 3
Green wedge 555 X 7
Orange wedge 555 X 2

For the bulb inside the Stugots I went with a frosted 2smd blue bayonet 444. The bulb that is stock is white but I liked the idea of blue given that the boat is in water.
For the bulbs on the episode sign (arson, horse race ...) I went with frosted orange 2smd wedge 555 X 5

Flashers

Cool White 5smd #89 X 6 (under the truck, in the back panel, under plastic on right, under plastic on left)
Red 5smd #89 X 2 (safe flasher and super jackpot flasher)

For the GI I went with

Sunlight White frosted 2smd bayonet 44 X 50 (this will give you a few extras) most GI bulbs use this bulb.
Yellow frosted 2smd bayonet 44 X 4 (shooter lane bulbs) here you can go with white if you prefer but original bulbs are yellow. LEDs show the color a lot more. Maybe you can tell from the pics I posted.
Sunlight White frosted 2smd wedge 555 X 2 (coin door)
Natural White Insane Bright 5smd wedge 555 X 3 (these are for the 3 spotlights on the playfield)

Good luck with the upgrade! It was really easy to do in my opinion. An hour or two and you should have them replaced. Most of them are easily accessible from underneath the playfield.

#704 4 years ago

One of my strippers appears to have split in half. Nothing hit it or anything which is weird. Anyone ever deal with this? The stripper is still attached to the poll. See attached. Right at her bikini line is where it split.
IMG_20191230_113446.jpgIMG_20191230_113446.jpg

Disregard. Noticed another pinsider had same issue a bit ago. I can use the same recommendation that was given for them.

1 month later
#705 4 years ago

Just acquired a Sopranos and I love it. However, the strippers don’t twirl. They try to move a little so I replaced the belt. Still don’t move. Any ideas? I know the motor is hard to find. Thanks!

#706 4 years ago
Quoted from garbr95:

Just acquired a Sopranos and I love it. However, the strippers don’t twirl. They try to move a little so I replaced the belt. Still don’t move. Any ideas? I know the motor is hard to find. Thanks!

Is the replacement belt dried out and stiff like the old belt?
Does the motor turn?

#707 4 years ago
Quoted from garbr95:

Prop up the playfield and run the mech in test mode. Are the gears rotating with the belt slipping, or not rotating at all?

#708 4 years ago

I need one of the strippers for a sopranos Pinball...I can't seem.to find one...any ideas on where to find one...thx

#709 4 years ago

You can’t get the original ones. But check amazon for mini stripper doll or equivalent.. you can get something close.

#710 4 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

Is the replacement belt dried out and stiff like the old belt?
Does the motor turn?

It broke the replacement belt also. It was the original replacement that came with the machine. Seemed a bit stiff. I believe the motor turns since the girls do move a little bit. I ordered 3 new belts from Marco so we’ll see what happens. I don’t see how a smooth belt like that can have any grip though.

#711 4 years ago
Quoted from Deerlakes6:

I need one of the strippers for a sopranos Pinball...I can't seem.to find one...any ideas on where to find one...thx

There are some on eBay right now. 275 each!

#712 4 years ago
Quoted from garbr95:

It broke the replacement belt also. It was the original replacement that came with the machine. Seemed a bit stiff. I believe the motor turns since the girls do move a little bit. I ordered 3 new belts from Marco so we’ll see what happens. I don’t see how a smooth belt like that can have any grip though.

I'd say you'll be fine with the belts

#713 4 years ago

I messaged that guy ...I believe him to be insane but a fellow pinsider is making two for me at a reasonable price...so I will have them in due time...

1 week later
#714 4 years ago

So this just happened!

IMG_20200302_205406.jpgIMG_20200302_205406.jpg
#715 4 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

So this just happened![quoted image]

Bad @$$ hand
That's like 1/649,740

#716 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Bad @$$ hand
That's like 1/649,740

Odds must be different on the pinball, I think I’ve gotten one as well

#717 4 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

So this just happened![quoted image]

Marone! Haven't seen that before!

#718 4 years ago

As I don't know how to play poker I have no idea what the hell is going on here and just fold!

#719 4 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

As I don't know how to play poker I have no idea what the hell is going on here and just fold!

Your betting to get a better hand and it's your points that's in the pot. Win and you get the pot and add points, if you lose your score will minus whats in the pot.

#720 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

Your betting to get a better hand and it's your points that's in the pot. Win and you get the pot and add points, if you lose your score will minus whats in the pot.

An understanding of the various winning poker hands and their order is probably more what he needs. Not a big investment of time required, but pretty essential to fully enjoy this mode nonetheless.

I love poker (miss my WPT consequently) so this one of my favorite modes in the game!

#721 4 years ago

Absolutely, I understand the concept but don't have knowledge of the game to know if I should bet or fold. Guess I better do a bit of research

#722 4 years ago

Just keep betting. The game lets you win 90% of the time.

#723 4 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

Just keep betting. The game lets you win 90% of the time.

That 10% of the time when you loose 10M points sucks tho.

1 week later
#724 4 years ago

Having a small problem with multiplayer games and locks.

Boat has a ball locked from a previous player
Current player locks his first ball. Then the boat should release one ball --> instead lock release plunger is activated too long (or balls roll down too fast) and both balls are released from the boat instead of only 1.
Lock release plunger moves smooth and no binding.

There doesn't seem to be any adjustment in software or hardware for this.

Any tips? Is this because the lock switch no2 is released too late or what could I do.

#725 4 years ago

Add a second spring to that coil so it pushes it up just slightly faster between the first and second ball being released. Just be just enough to fix it. Had same problem myself and this worked well.

#726 4 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Add a second spring to that coil so it pushes it up just slightly faster between the first and second ball being released. Just be just enough to fix it. Had same problem myself and this worked well.

Thank you! Appreciated

#727 4 years ago

Could it be a level issue? Make sure your table is at the proper level front to back.

2 weeks later
#728 4 years ago

Howdy y'all
I was wondering if any one would be willing to help me out with my Soprano's? I just need pictures of the flipper assembly EOS/ wires, and the wire harness loom on the top point of the coin door. I ended up with a italian arcade reimport with less then stellar repairs.

#729 4 years ago
Quoted from garbr95:

I put a 3" rubber on mine and it works fine! The NOS belt that came with my machine was so tight, the motor wouldn't turn.

#730 4 years ago

Can confirm a 3" rubber works fine, just did this & thank you.

#731 4 years ago

So a 3" rubber is needed for the strippers?

#732 4 years ago
Quoted from Spiderpin:

So a 3" rubber is needed for the strippers?

Or the proper belt from marco

#733 4 years ago

I’ll be looking to rejoin the club when all this is behind us. Miss that game and will be looking for a great condition one. I will have some top notch games to possibly trade.See you down the road I hope.

4 weeks later
#734 3 years ago

Joined the club about two weeks ago. Some silicone lube on the safe rails and a bit of bending and everything is running well. I replaced the balls as well. Replaced the fluorescent with an LED.

I played this a ton in the arcades, but have learned so much in the past weeks.

I would love to find a different translite. Not a fan of the huge stripper.

03695445-266A-4A00-ABC9-1CA8C4495675 (resized).jpeg03695445-266A-4A00-ABC9-1CA8C4495675 (resized).jpegB35112D2-8773-453F-BCA3-6EAD30B8F514 (resized).jpegB35112D2-8773-453F-BCA3-6EAD30B8F514 (resized).jpeg
#735 3 years ago
Quoted from Beef_Supreme:

Howdy y'all
I was wondering if any one would be willing to help me out with my Soprano's? I just need pictures of the flipper assembly EOS/ wires, and the wire harness loom on the top point of the coin door. I ended up with a italian arcade reimport with less then stellar repairs.

Happy to help. If you post the pic you want, I will reply with the same pic of my Sopranos.

#736 3 years ago
Quoted from BigGeeKay:

Joined the club about two weeks ago. ... I would love to find a different translite. Not a fan of the huge stripper.

Congrats - great game!

This is the alternate translite on my Sopranos. Much better than the original (IMHO) and the stripper isn't as predominant.

Sopranos alt translite (2) (resized).jpgSopranos alt translite (2) (resized).jpg.

#737 3 years ago

Mister tuna Delight do you know where I could purchase that translate thank you

#739 3 years ago

This is my translite, I got off ebay 3 or 4 years ago, I think the seller was called Whitestar or something similar. Good luck!

20181003_203640_001 (resized).jpg20181003_203640_001 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#740 3 years ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Anyone got a source for these?[quoted image]

I got mine at Bulb Town. If you want details, I could give you part #, etc. These are for the episode sign and are a perfect match.

#741 3 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Congrats - great game!
This is the alternate translite on my Sopranos. Much better than the original (IMHO) and the stripper isn't as predominant.
[quoted image].

Remove the stripper and it would be perfect. I'm not a prude, but the Sopranos isn't a stripper show. The pole girls are plenty.

#742 3 years ago
Quoted from BigGeeKay:

Remove the stripper and it would be perfect. I'm not a prude, but the Sopranos isn't a stripper show. The pole girls are plenty.

I agree with this, they just aren’t a huge focal point of the show

#743 3 years ago
Quoted from BigGeeKay:

... I'm not a prude, but the Sopranos isn't a stripper show. ...

Quoted from Mbecker:

I agree with this, they just aren’t a huge focal point of the show

Sure, but the reduced stripper on my game's alternate translite doesn't bother me at all as the visual emphasis is on the characters and the family vs mob sides of Tony Soprano's life.

To each their own of course. As I'm not a fan of the original translite, I'm very happy that this alternate is available.

#744 3 years ago

Don’t get me wrong, I think it looks good. Just seems like the stripper is overly prominent on many of the alt ones you see available.. I wish there was one w/out, but I don’t hate the original either to be honest.

#745 3 years ago

So I’ve rebuilt my safe assembly, with new safe halves and the carrier assembly. I’ve replaced the switches and everything seems to work perfectly when out of the machine. Nice smooth action and well adjusted switch action. When I put the safe in the machine however, i would say I get 25% of hits registering properly. What seems to be the problem, is that the entire assembly is moving backwards when hit by the ball. The safe has a lot of play and moves around quite a but in a perpendicular orientation to the playfield. Is it possible that the nylon bushings for the safe eject assembly have worn/deformed? If not, maybe my replacement springs are too strong? I bought the exact part numbers from the manual. Any ideas?

#746 3 years ago

Trading my sopranos and have these left over I am selling if anyone needs them in case you have kids or sensitive company over. I paid $75 plus shipping. They are immaculate. I have them listed for $50 plus shipping

6E4F2571-6DE8-45CD-ACD8-F0816AF73FB2 (resized).jpeg6E4F2571-6DE8-45CD-ACD8-F0816AF73FB2 (resized).jpeg8FA0A6C0-1F16-41D8-83D0-F938849788BA (resized).jpeg8FA0A6C0-1F16-41D8-83D0-F938849788BA (resized).jpeg

#747 3 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

Trading my sopranos and have these left over I am selling if anyone needs them in case you have kids or sensitive company over.

Was wondering what these were until I read your ad.

Interesting ... didn't know these existed. Or that there was a market for them.

#748 3 years ago

Just picked up my first machine this week - Bada Bing!

I’m new to pinball repair, but I’ve identified a few things I need.
First off are new rubbers. I’ve read that Titan Clear rubbers is the best bet.
Marco sells black or white rubbers as a kit. What’s the best way to order Titan rubbers, and how do I know which ones to order? (I have the manual, but I’m unclear on which of the rubbers parts I should order.)

Thanks!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#749 3 years ago
Quoted from BigWaveDave:

... What’s the best way to order Titan rubbers, and how do I know which ones to order? (I have the manual, but I’m unclear on which of the rubbers parts I should order.)
Thanks!

Go directly to Titan Pinball's website and database for ring sets that others have entered/purchased. Enter Sopranos and view the different kits. You can change the quantity and/or color of each ring within a kit as desired after you select for purchase.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/

Bada Bing! Bada Bang!

#750 3 years ago

Man! I haven’t been to this thread since a bit.

Still have a sopranos on route and one at work.

The one at work stopped firing the trough up kick coil, checked and I think the transistor Q1 was bad. Changed that last night. See if that fixed it. I’ll change the diode on the coil when I go back as well. Don’t want to blow another transistor because of a cheap part...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 8.50
Hardware
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Greeley, CO
$ 12.95
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Louisville, KY
There are 1,200 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sopranos-owners-club-members-only-wheres-the-money/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.