(Topic ID: 17291)

Sopranos cleaned up nicely - epic success!

By system11

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by MrSanRamon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

sopranos_fp_full.jpg

#1 7 years ago

This one was a total nightmare, but the end result is good.

I bought this Sopranos a while ago, thought it was going to be a quick cleanup job - how wrong I was! The safe had half the parts missing, and the switches smashed. The welds had snapped on the ball feeder, one of the dancers was broken, the truck was broken, the boat was broken, there was a chip in the middle of the pf, the sling plastics (among others) were cracked, the boat ramp was broken, and because it had some very aged black rubbers all over it (top and bottom due to lamp mounts) the machine was DIRTY. Properly filthy, it was weeks of cleaning before I could touch the underside without coming away with black hands. God damn I hate black rubber. I bought a whole new plastics set as it was the only way to get the slings, as well as all the other broken and missing parts.

Finished today aside from 2x yellow bulbs which are blown, full pictures including one of how the playfield looked (after an initial sweep of loose material) are here:

http://www.system11.org/temp/Pinball/Sopranos/index.html

I need a rest. It's actually a far more complicated machine than it looks when you strip it down.

sopranos_fp_full.jpg

#2 7 years ago

Looks great! nice work

#3 7 years ago

Nice, I love sopranos.

#4 7 years ago

Really nice job.

Robert

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
San Mateo, CA

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside