(Topic ID: 310443)

Soooo, how did a 6803 game MELT an EOS Switch?

By Pinwizkid

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2 posts
  • 2 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by metallik
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinwizkid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

A friend of mine operates a Bally Escape from the Lost World in his arcade. It began blowing the 5 volt solenoid fuse and I traced the issue to a bad EOS switch on the upper left flipper (holding the flipper down would blow the fuse in about 2 seconds). Upon inspection I notice the little plastic standoff between the two outer tabs of the EOS had melted off, causing the switch to not open when the flipper was energized. I have no idea how this happened, but I'm guessing high voltage was flowing through the EOS for quite a while for it to heat up that much. As far as I know the high voltage flows through the lower flippers before getting to the upper flippers, so I was going to double check the eos switches on those, but don't know a tremendous amount on how they operate.

I don't have direct access to the machine but will be checking in on it next week when replacement parts arrive and want to know what else I should check to prevent this from happening again. Any advice appreciated!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Pinwizkid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/soooo-how-did-a-6803-game-melt-an-eos-switch?tu=Pinwizkid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.