(Topic ID: 192940)

Son's 14th birthday.... wants to play pinball...where (SE. WI)

By 67cutlass

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 67cutlass.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

My son is turning 14 on July 17th. I asked him what he wants to do for his birthday.... His #1 answer? PINBALL!!!!!

Now he comes my problem. We wants to play newer Stern games (Star Trek, Metallica, AC/DC, etc). I'm trying to find
    something new and different since it's his birthday and I want to make it special. We've been to Underground Retrocade,
    Chicago Street Pinball, Arcadia (in McLean), Rossi's, Pooley's, Schwoegler's, Alt Brew, Level 257, Geeks Mania, Pepi's.

I don't mind driving 2-4 hours and staying over night on the 16th if need be.

Any ideas? I know Logan's would be nice, but since he fake ID isn't that good... LOL

He (and I) would love to go to CP Pinball.... but that's a little far right now.

#7 6 years ago

Right now we are leaning at Geeks Mania / Schwoeglers. We usually get there about once a month as it is, so I was hoping for something a little different. We LOVE those two places. Madison has a GREAT collection of pinballs and at family friendly places also!!!!

I will look at those other places when I get home from work. I'd love a trip to McLean, but for whatever reason, we said newer Sterns.

#8 6 years ago

It looks like "The Old School Arcade" has opened one in Wisconsin. About 4 hours away though

OLD SCHOOL PINBALL AND ARCADE HAS MOVED INTO “THE DISTRICT” IN EAU CLAIRE, WI

Old School has opened it’s new location and the first outside of Iowa. Check them out by clicking the above link that says Eau Claire, WI Arcade.

#9 6 years ago

I checked out the ones in Iowa.... Looks like about a 6 hour drive, so too far... for now

The Headquarters place is +21

1 week later
    #12 6 years ago

Ok..... Birthday was a success..... Did Galloping Ghost for about 6.5 hours on Sunday.
    Did Schwoegler's and Geeks Mania.... And all I have to say is..... I'M AN OLD MAN. That's
    alot of time on my legs and I felt it.

Galloping Ghost - Was fantastic.... Not very busy at all. So many games you don't see anywhere else. Love that place for Video games.

Schwoegler's - Always a GREAT time. Games work like they are brand new. Very clean. Little disappointed that Star Wars was at a place that was closed, but I get why. These guys always have the newest games and take great pride in them. We love it there.

Geek's Mania - Don't really care for the video game selection - but they have a great selection of pinball... in great shape. Can't beat the $30 for a family of four. Plus different versions of Skee Ball, air hockey.... dance dance games.

Then to Rossi's for a little Metallica and Kiss. My son would die if I could get a Metallica..... Maybe one day I will trade/sell the Mustang for one

Thanks for all the suggestions. Good gaming for all!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider 67cutlass.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sons-14th-birthday-wants-to-play-pinballwhere-se-wi?tu=67cutlass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.