Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by chill
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

WPT_New_Trans_002.jpg
    Ethan_13_026.jpg
    Ethan_13_024.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Having a sleepover birthday party for my son and the kids lasted about 20 minutes on XBOX tonight but the pinballs went on for hours. Love it! One kid couldn't stop playing TS.

Ethan_13_024.jpgEthan_13_024.jpg Ethan_13_026.jpgEthan_13_026.jpg

#2 11 years ago

You are now officially the B-Day party house from here on out =-)

Very good to see that they like sophisticated games not just mind numbing ones.

#3 11 years ago

Alternate translite on WPT?

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from DrainO:

I noticed that too.. no creepy looking hosts!

#5 11 years ago
    Quoted from jonogo:

I noticed that too.. no creepy looking hosts!

Yes. The 6 destinations on the playfield are in the six photos, some cards and chips, plus the WPT logo make it look a lot better to me than the original. Fun game (played it at PHOF but never really heard it or played it clean and fast until I got one at home). Friend did the design then printed on Duratrans at PDQ Printing for $40. Worthwhile mod to me.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from chill:

Friend did the design then printed on Duratrans at PDQ Printing for $40. Worthwhile mod to me.

I'd say! Especially at that price! Bravo.

#7 11 years ago

Here is a closer view of it.

WPT_New_Trans_002.jpgWPT_New_Trans_002.jpg

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from chill:

Here is a closer view of it.

Oh god! HELL YEA!!

A damn good game plagued by its original bad looking translite.

#9 11 years ago

I still do not care for this game but I agree that BG looks amazing compared to the original.

#10 11 years ago

I remember having a sleepover in 1980 and having all the kids go nuts over our Team One machine.

#11 11 years ago

Great job, maybe a few are hooked!

#12 11 years ago

looks like at least one pinball per kid, did they jump to pinball because each had their own to play (vs xbox where only 2 could play)?

Never the less, anytime kids get interested in pinball is a good day.

#13 11 years ago

That's awesome, I can get mine to play pinball once a year too. I have to beg them to shut off Xbox and play pinball with me

#14 11 years ago

Yeah....BG looks great. Nice work.

#15 11 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

looks like at least one pinball per kid, did they jump to pinball because each had their own to play (vs xbox where only 2 could play)?
    Never the less, anytime kids get interested in pinball is a good day.

Seven kids, five pins. Two were not in the pin room at the time of the photos but they came back. Most of the time they played multi-player games on the pins so no one was left out. They had it rigged for four to play xbox at a time. But you're right, maybe the three kids not playing made the pinballs more attractive.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sons-13th-birthday-partypinball-beats-xbox and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.