PXL_20220429_145123322 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220429_145333624 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220415_185521525 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220409_162948018 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220409_230452143 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220411_155848571 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220410_024308459 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ecw0930.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 4 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Code update 6:

New in this version:
Code:
- Ball save (Initial and lane)
- End of ball bonus
- Top rollovers and bonus multipliers
- Laps/charge (spindash combo to come)
- Rings (Collecting. Bonus unfinished)
- More ring inserts (added to main shots)
- Boss music / sound effects
- Updated UI
- Lots of video clips
Design:
- New boss core design traps ball behind drop target
- New ramp angles make shots smoother
Starting to feel like a game

This is insane! The get away loop for the Sonic spin is genius! Get those spinners going. There is so much you are going to do with this! Love it!

Growing up in the 90s... Sonic was my jam! New movie was a bit of a let down, but this looks like it will kill it!

1 month later
#110 4 years ago

McSquid Dude I've been following this for a while and it's totally sick.

That wire form got me thinking. What would you think about making gold rings around the wire form? Like you're going through them, or collecting them. I remember parts of the game(s) having to "go through" the rings. Would be a pretty sick way of doing it and add a lot to it imho.

Keep it up bro!

1 year later
#831 2 years ago
Quoted from tezting:

Hi,
Just some feedback and it is properly just me! and if - just ignore.
I find it very strange and a little confusing that there are images of flippers when there are actual flippers.[quoted image]

I thought the same thing. I don't think it will mess with gameplay, but it is confusing to see.

Love how it's coming together. Truly amazing.

Have you considered using wireforms for the loop? (Probably an old question). Like the captain marvel ramp in AIQ.

#847 2 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Do we love or hate this as a concept?

Absolutely love that! 100% original and shows off the theme and a specific part of Sonic.

This. Is. Badass!

1 month later
#930 2 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Spinners are done.
Everyone loved the sprite animation spinner so of course we went with it. It turned out great. I'm going to try adding a strobe effect to the surrounding lights to see what effect that has on the animation.
For the right spinner I went with a speed label to further cement the connection with spinners and the multiplier system. I think the speed mechanic is very intuitive now. Everything matches and references each other in such a way that I feel people will figure it out without being told if they put even a tiny bit of effort in. When I'm playing and trying to figure stuff out I tend to read the rule card (I know I'm crazy) but then as I read it I try to identify the things being talked about on the playfield. If I read about speed and went looking, I'd find it all immediately. Play testing shall tell if I'm right.
For the spinner art I just used shipping label paper covered in mylar. Cover it in mylar BEFORE you cut it out and you have a durable sticker with no extra steps.
Sonic's head is the same, attached to a 3D printed plastic piece that is perfectly shaped for his head because I took the exact image and used a 2D to 3D model tool online. Add a mounting tab and some epoxy because there just isn't enough time to try welding a stud on to the spinner bracket and tadaaaa; instant fun spinner. The bad parts of the stand off plastic effect were minimized I think with his head being perfectly cut out and not surrounded by white space (I used the Cameo)

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This sooner is the coolest thing I've seen in a very long time. Dude this. Is. Dope.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ecw0930.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sonic-the-hedgehog-spinball?tu=ecw0930 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.