PXL_20220429_145123322 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220429_145333624 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220415_185521525 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220409_162948018 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220409_230452143 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220411_155848571 (resized).jpg
PXL_20220410_024308459 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#301 3 years ago

Love the sign. We need more ramp spinners!

#306 3 years ago

Yeah glo balls stink. They get dirty really quick and the plastic coating rips off not long after.

Bally made Goldball with an anodized (?) gold colored ball. It'd be so fun if a pin had different colored balls and could tell them apart. PinballFX has a few virtual pins that toy with the idea and possibilities.

2 weeks later
#341 3 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Don't think I'm being innovative with this one. I'm almost positive I'm copying some other game with this idea I just can't recall which.

It made me think of Hot Wheels. Some other games have two bulbs under inserts, but not used for an effect like that (to my knowledge)

2 months later
#549 3 years ago

I like the wire. I think it's neat to skillfully "lock" a ball behind an upper flipper during a multiball (I'm assuming there is stage flipping). You'll also want to fiddle around with the balls search parameters so the flipper moves if the player tilts with a ball trapped there.

If the shot was tighter, then I'd suggest no wall because then a player can raise the upper flipper to make the opening a bit bigger. An example is the lock shot on F-14.

2 months later
#638 2 years ago

Maybe you could use it as a topper. It could display a progressive jackpot value for points/rings/whatever.

#644 2 years ago

I guess you’ll just have to make a companion Miles “Tails” Prower edition, code Fastbreak like link play, and span it over the two.

1 month later
#702 2 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

been done all ready and Nintendo may DMCA someones homebrew

I don’t think they can to a one off fan project. It’s not like a video game that is easily replicated and distributed.

1 month later
#808 2 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

Stupid question, anyone know how to mark posts as "key posts" and have that lovely list of important posts at the top of the page? Cant find any buttons that do that.

I believe you need to be a Pinside editor to do it or ask one of them to do it. Idk if there is a list of them... Seems like the OP should just be able to do it since it's their thread.

1 week later
#853 2 years ago

Idk how I like the look of the sonic head on top vs him being entirely on the spinner, although the aspect ratio may make the graphic too small

What about Sonic wagging his finger like the splash screen?

6FE962CA-4DF4-484E-BF88-453800FD83C5.gif6FE962CA-4DF4-484E-BF88-453800FD83C5.gif
#863 2 years ago
Quoted from McSquid:

I had considered something like that. I can't decide if I'd love it, or if the real world speeds would break imersion.

What if a fast shot gave you a minor % bump in score/completing goals related to the shot? Like make a few speed ranges and award an extra 0/5/10/15% on a jackpot shot. Sorta like a AIQ’s tower

7 months later
#1116 1 year ago

I guess it’s more likely to be similar to what happened with Godzilla. Spooky approached them to buy a license. Then the licensor thought, I wonder what other pinball companies may offer for the license and as a business partner, and approached other companies to sell the license.

There’s no way Stern has any sort of access to Sonic IP simply because they were once a subsidiary of Segas arcade division for a few years.

Anyway, I think American Pinball should still be thrilled they hired a guy with the skills, eye for design, and passion to build such a great game mostly by himself. Just think of what Ryan can do with a team of engineers, coders, artists, and other designers to execute on his ideas for other games/themes.

#1121 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

“No way” “any sort”. Those are pretty strong absolutes you’re speaking in. Sorry, but that’s not how business works. I used to be a corporate accountant for a Fortune 500 firm. I worked with a lot of high up sales vps and and saw the expense reports. It’s a lot more about schmoozing and building long term relationships than anything else, trust me.

Sure someone active in the licensing department could theoretically still know Gary (though I really doubt it considering it was about 25 years ago that Stern was spun off and Sega has gotten rid of their entire arcade division since then). I was speaking more to people who thought Stern has had some sort of right of first refusal or other nonsense. Sega of Japan never cared about Stern Pinball. It was just an investment in their portfolio for a few years.

#1124 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m sure the American division of Sega (I assume there still is one) would deal with all this stuff. From all the docs I’ve seen about the Japanese gaming companies, they learned pretty quickly back in the day to be hands off with their American divisions because they had no knowledge of the market or culture.

I suggest reading the book Console Wars which covers the Genesis vs SNES era. It covers a lot of the history and cultural differences of both Sega and Nintendo, and how the American and Japanese sides would interact. They didn't get along at all. Example Sega of America tried to work with Sony to make the Sega PlayStation when Nintendo abandoned the Nintendo PlayStation project, but Sega Japan vetoed it and started to develop the Saturn. We all know how that went...

Ive been meaning to pick up Reggie Fils Aime's new book which discusses some of the issues that were still present in the Japan-America divide when he was in charge of NOA.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TreyBo69.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sonic-the-hedgehog-spinball?tu=TreyBo69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.