Topic Stats

• 5 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Stretch7
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 8 years ago

Hi folks, just picked up a Super Straight, cool game, but heavier most any game I've had. Ordering a manual and schematic right now, but looks like the game is working quite well already, though I need to see what the rules are to see if it is. One thing that is not working is the spinner. It should be 100 pt's per spin unless lit which makes it 1000 pts. No points are scored at all when it spins. The light never seems to come on either, though need to check the bulb and socket still. Gapped the switch at the spinner itself, but need to know which other switches and/or to check. Was able to follow the wiring to some degree but not all the way back to a relay/switch. Can somebody tell me where I need to be looking and maybe the wire colors to help track it?

The labeling inside the cabinet is tough to read, maybe I'm staring right at the switch/relay and just don't know it.

Thanks, David

#2 8 years ago

Fixed, I think. Regapped the spinner switch and *poked* around some and suddenly the spinner started working. Still never found a spinner relay, assuming their is one?

Need to do some more work to see what is happening with a couple of other playfield switches, plus their is a bunch of places on the playfield that are labeled "bonus advanced when lit", but none of these light up, but I think they are working. Will start a new thread if I can't figure that out. Maybe I should just say "when" I can't figure that out. Now there's a positive attitude ......

5 years later
#3 2 years ago

Reviving this thread... I too have a non working spinner on a super straight that is missing some relay labels and not sure which one is for the spinner as none of them seem to trigger anything spinner wise.
Figure i would start here as this is the only thing not working before i order up some schematics.

#4 2 years ago

The relay that changes the spinner light from one value to another should also have a make/break switch that changes the scoring value on the spinner.

#5 2 years ago

OK i will check it out and see what i can find, Thanks

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/sonic-super-straight-spinner-not-working and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.