Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pintucky
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Sonic M-T reset.JPG
Sonic M-T a.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rufessor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 6 years ago

I am not entirely certain if the player unit is really the root cause of the continued reset- especially if its sitting at its reset position and cannot really move.

I did have one question- your score reel looks really nice and clean... so I conclude you cleaned this and had it at least taken apart to have removed all the switch stacks and pull out the cam so you could clean it up. I have done this on a couple games, and its EASY to put it back together just slightly wrong and end up with issues. Does the score reel him position switch actually close and open correctly, the score reel is generating the pulses that are chattering your score reel switches to get them to move to zero and hold.... but if those switches are working, and its still pulsing, it could be the score reel cannot see the zero position. It could also be a few other things, as have been pointed out previously. But I would at least spend a good hour looking at the schematics and moving the score reel and watching the switch stacks open and close- very carefully. It is also possible to screw down a switch stack and have the screw INTERNALLY short to a switch blade (causing perhaps the same symptom as an out of adjustment switch).

Wish I had this game to help with the trouble shooting. It is MORE likely that you have a far simpler problem- but if your checking off those and things seem good- I would take a very close look at the zero position switch (home, whatever) on the score reel. If it does not know its completed a rotation (or 1/2 or however that switch sees the cams) its not going to stop.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 12.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 79.99
Apparel - Unisex
PinShades
$ 5,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
$ 89.99
$ 19.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 149.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 30.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball
$ 32.00
$ 9.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 224.99
$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 3.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 12.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 36.99
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Full Tilt Pinball LEDs
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 15.00
$ 800.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 39.00
$ 99.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Mods for your pinballs
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rufessor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside