Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Pintucky
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Sonic M-T reset.JPG
Sonic M-T a.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk1mod0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 years ago

OK. When I turn it on, the latching relays latch and the Game Over light comes on. There are credits on the game and the credit light is on. Pushing the start button does nothing. If I manually trip the start relay, the score motor turns, the reels all go to zero and the score motor keeps on turning while the reset relays for Player 1-2 and Player 3-4 chatter endlessly. I would guess this means something is not telling the score motor that the scores have been reset.

I have inspected/cleaned all score reels and found a few loose wires that were then resoldered where they belong. At a bit of a loss as to where to look next and am taking all advice. Will get some video to post after I pause for lunch. Thanks in advance!

PS, Sonic is Williams based if that helps.

#2 6 years ago

Got to where I can start the game with the button but it still won't finish the start up sequence. Had to disconnect the 100pt relay. It was staying on constant and I cannot figure out why.

#6 6 years ago

I have the schematic and the original manual.

#8 6 years ago

Checked and double checked. Found one pop bumper had the switch held shut. Fixed the switch, didn't solve the problem.

#13 6 years ago

When I start it up, the game is at "Game Over." Starts, as you can see, but never pulses the ball eject to the shooter lane. When it drains, the bonus will count off but no pulse to the ball unit to advance to the next ball, ball does not move to the shooter lane, etc. I would be happy to rig it to where it will play continuous balls so folks could try the game while other people watch it work. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#19 6 years ago

Yeah, the player unit is a problem all right. The brass teats for the contacts on the back are heavily divoted and it takes a lot of spring pressure to over come it and return the unit to zero. If I wind the center spring tight enough to do that it is too tight for it to be able to step up. Can I sand the divots out or is it toast?

#27 6 years ago

Thanks, guys. I have a good check list now that I will get on once I return from the Houston show. I am sure that being a little more relaxed without an impending deadline I will be able to resolve this and get this sucker up and fully functional.

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I pictured it coming home with me

10k by Christmas...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 10.95
Tools
Magaro Machines
$ 30.00
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 9.00
Playfield - Other
Hdmike mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 4.95
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 7.95
Various Novelties
Pinball Wheezer
$ 47.00
Playfield - Other
Cento Creations
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 11.00
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 14.95
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 1,000.00
Playfields
Pinball Playfields
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 159.00
$ 9.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Back Alley Creations
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 74.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pin Monk
$ 159.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mk1mod0.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside